Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

1. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

I guess we shouldn't expect others to know that if you have someone missing you should put flyers on all the doors of where she is missing?

2. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

3. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

The turnover in complexes is so high where I live, no one seems to know their neighbors or what vehicle they drive.
    People coming and going 24/7, I’m surprised there is an eyewitness. Moo

kimpage, Hatfield, Seattle1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

No, I don't think it's been stated which direction she was traveling in anything I've read.

One part of the affidavit (#29) says she saw the female identified as MF in the front seat, but I reckon that could be seen from passing the car (approaching from behind), or from approaching the car from opposite direction, or in a rear view mirror, or turning her head back to look, and I don't know if that is an officer's interpretation of the witness's version stated in #27, where she only saw MF emerging from the front passenger door.

It says the witness turned from the main lane but it doesn't say where she turned to. Could have been turning into a parking space even I suppose.

Something else occurred to me to wonder about - IF she saw there was someone in the driver's seat, is it possible that information has been deliberately withheld from the affidavit because it doesn't relate specifically to MF's arrest?

windrower, JDough, jash and 4 others like this.
  5. yllek

yllek Well-Known Member

RSBM

I think there's a good possibility that MF was experiencing maternal desire psychopathy as well.

She may truly believe that Margo is HER baby and came to view Heidi as an obstacle to be outplayed and eliminated.

That might be part of the 'case complexity' cited by LE. MF obviously knew what she was planning and ultimately did was illegal, thus all the deception. At the same time, her intent may have been to save her own child (in her warped mind).

MOO.

6. yllek

yllek Well-Known Member

In reading about similar (comparatively rare) crimes, it's interesting, and sometimes frustrating, how differently the criminal justice system has handled the cases of women killing other women to take their fetuses or newborns as their own. Fetal abduction - Wikipedia

Some of the women guilty of this type of crime targeted friends or acquaintances, while others targeted strangers.

Some killed the mothers, stole the fetuses/babies, and immediately bolted from the scene. Others attempted to conceal the bodies on/in their own property, and yet others dumped or burned them.

Most acted alone, but a few had assistance.

Some of the killers were sentenced to prison for decades or for life, one was sentenced to death, some committed suicide before justice could be served, others were sent to psychiatric facilities and were later released...

At least two unsuccessfully attempted to steal an infant or fetus and were set free (which pisses me off), later killing a mother and kidnapping a fetus or infant.

Anyway, I think the LE agencies and DA in Heidi's tragic case are probably taking the time to get a firm grasp on exactly what they're dealing with and what the defense might claim before filing murder charges since MF is already incarcerated. It wouldn't surprise me if she's on suicide watch.

No matter what the totality of charges ultimately filed against her, MF should never have the opportunity to be free in society again and Heidi's case should be closely analyzed and used to increase LE awareness nationwide. MOO.

7. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

I think that's a reasonable assumption if that is the case.

8. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

I was just replying to your post which stated the crime report was for crimes at the apartment community - these reports are not confined to just the apartment community, it's for the area - for instance the HEB would be included across the street, the car lot next door, etc. When I looked at the actual report at link you provided, I didn't see 10 license plates stolen December 1, 2019 - Jan 1, 2020 even for the area. Doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just didn't see it.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2020
  9. vlpate

That's a really good question...I wonder if the mugshot with the short hair and crazy eyes is the one LE showed the witness. We have seen her as a blonde, a teen, and that one. Her latest mugsots look like a whole other person, IMO

dixiegirl1035 likes this.
  10. vlpate

HB had friends who have children, why would she ask MF for advice about breastfeeding when she is also a new mother. I think MF made that up to appear a "helpful friend" as opposed to a murdering, kidnapping friend.

11. vlpate

There's also the "snitches get stitches" factor. A lot of people are afraid if they say something there might be retaliation. They don't even want police at their door asking questions.

12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

<modsnip>

Nonetheless, I'm confident my post was clear to others that even when inputting their personal address, the crimes reported were not only for their address but included their property as well as the area colored on the map.

And there was another theft of a license plate reported on Jan 10, 2020 so that brings the count to 11.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2020
  13. pcrum12

pcrum12 Well-Known Member

Forum not moving at all - guess no new news

susiQ, SeattleStew, Momof4RN and 9 others like this.
  14. MontereyMama

MontereyMama Well-Known Member

Someone posted earlier in the week that a perpetrator will weave bits of truth into their fabricated stories. Iirc, Tim Miller said that MF told him HB was having trouble breastfeeding. I imagine it's possible that MF told HB she needed help breastfeeding ( her pretend baby was 3? days old). As a ruse to get her to the car. She's completely inexperienced so it makes sense she'd ask a friend for help. Then as she's fibbing to LE she just switched it around to say HB was having trouble. Just more wild supposition.

15. vlpate

Weird MF was in the passenger seat at all - why wasn't she driving her own car? I'm rethinking a hired stranger helping her. Maybe MF wanted to be hands free to control HB.

Another thought, what if MF lied and told HB her cousin or whomever, wanted to see the baby but couldn't go up 3 flights of stairs due to breathing problems or something else.

I can easily see this scenario - just going to sit in the car for a few minutes.

MajorHoople and Estelle like this.
  16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Who knows? Well, MF knows but we will never know the specifics & if she does weave a tale, we won’t know what part could be true. Even the DA won’t know. They’ll only know what they’re told. Can’t recreate the convo based on MF. Heidi had no reason to not get into the car, she was entering her bestie’s car. As far as the car seat, MF prob had one is MOO & by time the car reached the road Margo was likely secured. Even tho HB had a few errands doesn’t mean she would have refused coffee or breakfast with a friend. I can think of thousand of ‘what if’s’.
    Very possible MF parked the car & went around to the passenger side while waiting for HB to get to the car. All moo

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  17. InvSmith

InvSmith Sometimes your cross is carried by strangers

Has anyone researched if MF was involved with HB's son's delivery and birth? This might help to know when MF developed her maternal desire (if, this what she is suspected of)?

Shadow@light and PommyMommy like this.
  18. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I think I read she was present at his birth too. I have no link.

19. vlpate

Had they moved back from Louisiana by then?

20. vlpate

If she is charged with capital murder, the death penalty will be on the table which may make her tell detectives exactly what happened for some sort of plea. Otherwise whatever she tells them will need to match the evidence in front of a jury.

Also we have to remember that by the time they zeroed in on her there hadn't been much of an investigation on her at all. IMO they now have a ton more evidence than what little we've seen in AW.