Found Alive TX - Holly Marie Clouse, 11 mths, Lewisville, 6 Jan 1981 (Located Jun'22)

Friday Fan

Reaction score
I can’t see the presser as I am in UK.

Was she always known as Holly or has she spent most of her life with a different first name?

I don't know how or why, but the Daily Mail always seems to be first with the details:

formerlyme

Reaction score
"The child born Holly Marie Clouse in 1980 has been found alive and well! The Clouse and Linn families are overjoyed and deeply grateful to the Texas Attorney General’s Office Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit, Lewisville Police Department, Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, Arizona Attorney General’s Office, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for the collaborative and coordinated efforts that resulted in their reunion with Holly.

More to come throughout the day."

View attachment 348675

she looks so much like her mother....

formerlyme

Reaction score

formerlyme

Reaction score
Edited to add another link

There's some amazing news this morning. Holly has been found alive!

Three women traveled to Daytona with the car and were questioned by police but apparently not charged.

Webster said members of the group traveled around the Southwest and believes in the separation of male and female church members. They said they'd previously dumped another baby at a laundromat.

*** so the police did question them, but presumably the missing were adults so it was accepted that they willing joined the religious group? I wonder if there were records on this with the name of the group and that is how they found Holly, by knowing this group apparently dropped babies off elsewhere and followed their trail.... very interesting all my opinions but this is gonna be a documentary some day I hope, so many questions. ***

Last edited:

Friday Fan

Reaction score
Total speculation: Holly may have known she was dropped off at a church, (she may have known about the strange women in robes) and was probably hoping to find out more about her past and probably was wondering who her parents were etc.

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
I think perhaps the reason the parents were not identified at first when their bodies were found is they had not been reported as missing. I believe there was some degree of estrangement between them and their families? They moved around a lot too, throughout the southwest, in the days and months before they were killed. Off the grid, so to speak.

Just going by what has been said publicly.

formerlyme

Reaction score
I think perhaps the reason the parents were not identified at first when their bodies were found is they had not been reported as missing. I believe there was some degree of estrangement between them and their families? They moved around a lot too, throughout the southwest, in the days and months before they were killed. Off the grid, so to speak.

one of the articles linked above also stated they had a habit of falling in with some religious groups so the family thought it was plausible. My opinions.

Friday Fan

Reaction score

They were found 250 miles from where they disappeared.
Additionally, he was described as Hispanic.
Sketches made both of them looked Hispanic.

formerlyme

Reaction score
Total speculation: Holly may have known she was dropped off at a church, (she may have known about the strange women in robes) and was probably hoping to find out more about her past and probably was wondering who her parents were etc.
Possible , also speculation she may have done a dna test and that is how she was linked.....

formerlyme

Reaction score
(yahoo news link posted above) curious as to how in the 80s (before baby safe haven I believe) people could drop a baby off at a church and as I interpreted it, mention their beliefs and that they had left a baby elsewhere before. It may be questionable reporting but I am eager for more information just to understand better.... could other missing children during that time have been "dropped off " as well?
all opinions are my own and some may be weird lol.

Last edited:

Friday Fan

Reaction score
curious as to how in the 80s (before baby safe haven I believe) people could drop a baby off at a church and as I interpreted it, mention their beliefs and that they had left a baby elsewhere before. It may be questionable reporting but I am eager for more information just to understand better.... could other missing children during that time have been "dropped off " as well?
all opinions are my own and some may be weird lol.
They also dropped off a baby at a laundromat!

I would think in days gone by, churches probably received a fair share of babies.

formerlyme

Reaction score
Either way, she was very receptive.
Usually these reunions take days or weeks.

I think she knew something about being dropped off or she long knew something "wasn't right"

She got on Zoom with them the next day
I am curious... did they inform the church her first name (article I linked from Yahoo says she was always known as holly), was she left with that info in a note....
They came public with the info today, but how long as she known? her family?
I haven't been able to find much more out than what is already shared here.

killarney rose

Reaction score
Either way, she was very receptive.
Usually these reunions take days or weeks.

I think she knew something about being dropped off or she long knew something "wasn't right"

She got on Zoom with them the next day
As an adoptee, I can speculate that she might’ve been looking for her birth family for some time. When she found them(or they found her) she was excited to move forward in connecting with them. I was her age when I was reunited with my birth family. It was an exciting time for all of us.