Found Alive TX - Holly Marie Clouse, 11 mths, Lewisville, 6 Jan 1981 (Located Jun'22)

formerlyme

Reaction score
They also dropped off a baby at a laundromat!

I would think in days gone by, churches probably received a fair share of babies.
True, but I would think in the 80's they would have many legal requirements ... but the baby safety of course had to be a top priority....

Friday Fan

Reaction score
I am curious... did they inform the church her first name (article I linked from Yahoo says she was always known as holly), was she left with that info in a note....
They came public with the info today, but how long as she known? her family?
I haven't been able to find much more out than what is already shared here.

Police showed up at Holly's place of employment in Oklahoma on Tuesday
She met with her family via Zoom on Wednesday

I watched the press conference

They are not releasing more details at this time due to an ongoing criminal investigation
However, they did state that the family who raised her are not suspects

formerlyme

Reaction score
OK, how does someone react getting that news at WORK, omg.... this is life altering, there must be some paper trail from her being left at the church, church may have called authorities, she went in the system, foster than adopt, hopefully she had a happy life and gave someone who wanted to be parents a happy life, after 40 plus years this biological family has been through so much in the last several months .
Police showed up at Holly's place of employment in Oklahoma on Tuesday
She met with her family via Zoom on Wednesday

I watched the press conference

They are not releasing more details at this time due to an ongoing criminal investigation
However, they did state that the family who raised her are not suspect

LadyL

Reaction score

Bit of hope

Sympathy for the less fortunate.
Reaction score
Amazing!

I hope the "story" is going to be unraveled. Who killed the couple while they were in Texas, how did Holly ended up with women in white dresses, dropping her off at a church in Arizona and how come she always went by the name Holly? It's very likely the women knew the couple and Holly('s name).

LadyL

Reaction score
I do not believe they disclosed any identifying information about Holly in her current identity for privacy reasons.

her name remained Holly and there's a current picture of her at the link

formerlyme

Reaction score
Amazing!

I hope the "story" is going to be unraveled. Who killed the couple while they were in Texas, how did Holly ended up with women in white dresses, dropping her off at a church in Arizona and how come she always went by the name Holly? It's very likely the women knew the couple and Holly('s name).
complete speculation here, but if I was writing a fictional novel.... mom and dad were members of the church, were out doing church work and never returned. Members of the church thought maybe they had abandoned the baby and left the church. They couldn't sell the couples car as it was registered to one of their parents so they reached out to the parents in an attempt to make some money.... and left the baby with a church.... again this is all speculation but a thought. It could of course be much more sinister.

Facinatingtimes

Reaction score
I’m confused by something - if the parents were just identified recently, how did LE know there was a missing baby way back then? When the murdered couple was found, how did LE know they had a baby and she was missing? TIA!

Lillymac

Reaction score
I’m confused by something - if the parents were just identified recently, how did LE know there was a missing baby way back then? When the murdered couple was found, how did LE know they had a baby and she was missing? TIA!
It's going to be really interesting when all the facts are published. So many questions and loose ends right now. One being how did LE know where she worked and how were they so sure it was indeed her?

ElGato

Reaction score
Ok, so Dean and Holly were living in Dallas area, their bodies were found in Houston area, but these nomadic women dropped the baby off in Arizona?

And when they dropped the baby off at the church they didn't mention the names of Holly's parents, therefore guaranteeing that the baby would never be reunited with her family?

And these nomadic sisters had Dean's car and his mother's phone number - and returned the car in exchange for quite a lot of money - but didn't mention to Dean's mother that they'd dropped her grand-daughter off at a church?

And, although Dean and Tina had been murdered months earlier, the nomadic sisters insisted they were alive and part of their cult, but just didn't want to see their family, which was why the nomadic sisters were returning the car, rather than Dean himself?

No, IMO these were wicked witches, not Jesus sisters.

JMO

Last edited:

ElGato

Reaction score
True, but I would think in the 80's they would have many legal requirements ... but the baby safety of course had to be a top priority....
Yes, the baby's safety would come first.

I don't think it was ever confirmed that the women dropped a baby off at a laundromat. I expect that is a detail recorded in Holly's adoption file, the record of the details of the women who dropped her off and what they said.

IMO, the laundromat sounds like a threat about what they would do to Holly if the church didn't take her, no questions asked.

JMO

Last edited: