Found Alive TX - Holly Marie Clouse, 11 mths, Lewisville, 6 Jan 1981 (Located Jun'22)

Cortne

Reaction score
Ok, so Dean and Holly were living in Dallas area, their bodies were found in Houston area, but these nomadic women dropped the baby off in Arizona?

And when they dropped the baby off at the church they didn't mention the names of Holly's parents, therefore guaranteeing that the baby would never be reunited with her family?

And these nomadic sisters had Dean's car and his mother's phone number - and returned the car in exchange for quite a lot of money - but didn't mention to Dean's mother that they'd dropped her grand-daughter off at a church?

And, although Dean and Tina had been murdered months earlier, the nomadic sisters insisted they were alive and part of their cult, but just didn't want to see their family, which was why the nomadic sisters were returning the car, rather than Dean himself?

No, IMO these were wicked witches, not Jesus sisters.

JMO
Very much agreed

Bit of hope

Sympathy for the less fortunate.
Reaction score
complete speculation here, but if I was writing a fictional novel.... mom and dad were members of the church, were out doing church work and never returned. Members of the church thought maybe they had abandoned the baby and left the church. They couldn't sell the couples car as it was registered to one of their parents so they reached out to the parents in an attempt to make some money.... and left the baby with a church.... again this is all speculation but a thought. It could of course be much more sinister.
Agreed, although speculation it might be something along that line. I was thinking more ore less the same.

Bit of hope

Sympathy for the less fortunate.
Reaction score
Ok, so Dean and Holly were living in Dallas area, their bodies were found in Houston area, but these nomadic women dropped the baby off in Arizona?

And when they dropped the baby off at the church they didn't mention the names of Holly's parents, therefore guaranteeing that the baby would never be reunited with her family?

And these nomadic sisters had Dean's car and his mother's phone number - and returned the car in exchange for quite a lot of money - but didn't mention to Dean's mother that they'd dropped her grand-daughter off at a church?

And, although Dean and Tina had been murdered months earlier, the nomadic sisters insisted they were alive and part of their cult, but just didn't want to see their family, which was why the nomadic sisters were returning the car, rather than Dean himself?

No, IMO these were wicked witches, not Jesus sisters.

JMO

And the "sisters" called the parents with the story about the car while allegedly being in California. Very nomadic......What if they killed the couple, took the car and the baby? Reason: they were in a/that cult before and ran away together, being pregnant. Reading that men and women lived separate, that could have set it off. Pure speculation of course.

perfectingpink

Reaction score
Yes, the baby's safety would come first.

I don't think it was ever confirmed that the women dropped a baby off at a laundromat. I expect that is a detail recorded in Holly's adoption file, the record of the details of the women who dropped her off and what they said.

IMO, the laundromat sounds like a threat about what they would do to Holly if the church didn't take her, no questions asked.

JMO

Baby Holly Marie Clouse Was Left at a Church by 2 Barefoot Women in Robes Who Belonged to Religious Group​

[...]

The women indicated they had given up a baby before at a laundromat, Webster said.

[...]

https://people.com/crime/holly-marie-clouse-left-at-church-women-religious-group/⁰

The baby who was left any a laundromat was not Molly but another child with unknown to us parents.

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score

Founder of FHD Forensics and one of the genealogists involved in identifying Holly’s parents, Allison Peacock praised her family for never giving up.

“They’ve spent the past six months with me digging through records, gathering photos for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s age progression portrait, and documenting memories of Holly and her parents in an effort to help law enforcement,” Peacock said.

“Allison is forever our angel in helping us through this whole heartbreaking experience,” Donna Casasanta, Dean’s mother, said.

“What matters is that Holly was found happy and alive and now knows that she has a huge extended family that has loved her for decades,” Peacock said.

EGirl

#RockportStrong
Reaction score
I’m confused by something - if the parents were just identified recently, how did LE know there was a missing baby way back then? When the murdered couple was found, how did LE know they had a baby and she was missing? TIA!
They didn't know there was a missing child until the parents were finally identified a few months back. All LE knew for the last 40 years is that they had 2 murder victims with no identity.

airportwoman

Reaction score
About the "laundromat baby": If the story is true, this story has received wide enough coverage that SOMEBODY will remember a story from 40-plus years ago about a baby found abandoned in a laundromat. We'll see if anyone, that baby or anyone else, comes forward.

thefragile7393

Chronically sleep deprived
Reaction score
complete speculation here, but if I was writing a fictional novel.... mom and dad were members of the church, were out doing church work and never returned. Members of the church thought maybe they had abandoned the baby and left the church. They couldn't sell the couples car as it was registered to one of their parents so they reached out to the parents in an attempt to make some money.... and left the baby with a church.... again this is all speculation but a thought. It could of course be much more sinister.
The parents were fond to be murdered per the autopsies. So yes, it is more sinister

Friday Fan

Reaction score
Detectives tried to obtain Holly's birth certificate in Florida, but it was sealed
When they finally obtained the birth certificate, there was an adoption attached to it! :eek:

(At the 2 min mark)

I just assumed the robed women dropped off a random baby, but did they also have Holly's birth certificate??

If they did, how did they obtain it??

Did the authorities/adoption agency try to locate Dean and Tina???

If strange clothed women show up with a baby and a birth certificate with Tina and Dean listed as the parents, wouldn't authorities look for them?? And wouldn't the grandparents names be on the birth certificate??

Last edited:

formerlyme

Reaction score
Detectives tried to obtain Holly's birth certificate in Florida, but it was sealed
When they finally obtained the birth certificate, there was an adoption attached to it! :eek:

(At the 2 min mark)

I just assumed the robed women dropped off a random baby, but did they also have Holly's birth certificate??

If strange clothed women show up with a baby and a birth certificate with Tina and Dean listed as the parents, wouldn't authorities look for them?? And wouldn't the grandparents names be on the birth certificate??

So many more questions... Was giving up their baby a requirement of this group?

BryanHall

Reaction score
So many more questions... Was giving up their baby a requirement of this group?
It appears that the Christ Family, the cult that appears implicated, was fairly well known in the 1980s. It was run by a man who called himself Lighting Amen and believed he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. The group was fairly substantial at one time. This forum gives a lot of detail about the cult. I can imagine that people will start coming forward with details.

The Christ Family

formerlyme

Reaction score
It appears that the Christ Family, the cult that appears implicated, was fairly well known in the 1980s. It was run by a man who called himself Lighting Amen and believed he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. The group was fairly substantial at one time. This forum gives a lot of detail about the cult. I can imagine that people will start coming forward with details.

The Christ Family
Thank you i was unable to connect a group that was large in the Yuma area will research them.

ElGato

Reaction score

(At the 2 min mark)

Interesting. It makes sense actually, that one of the women claimed to be Tina, otherwise wouldn't police have been called? And, she wouldn't want to have used her own real name. Perhaps a birth certificate was required.

I guess back then a woman could put her baby up for adoption without consulting the father? Because her birth certificate would list Dean as her father, and I don't think you can bypass the father now.

I still feel there was an unspoken threat: 'if you don't take her, I'll just leave her at a laundromat like I did the one before.'

The grandparents would have no legal claims on the baby. They might not know their daughter had a child and the adoption agency wouldn't contact them, as the mother is an independent adult.

JMO

sony12

Reaction score
This is an interesting case. Though after all this time the chances are extremely likely that the individuals that committed this murder are no longer alive (especially if they were a part of this traveling group as people who don't have permanent places to live often have shorter lifespans). I imagine the people that did this would be part of this cult as it seems unlikely that the killers would abandon the baby only for the baby to be picked up by a traveling cult who would in turn leave it at a church.

One thing I would say is that I doubt the women who dropped the baby off were the same ones who committed the murders. They likely were just part of the same cult as the murderers. Probably the only way this case will get solved though is if someone who was directly involved with transporting the baby from Texas to Arizona is still alive and comes forward.

Jenesaisquoi

Reaction score
Is it possible that Tina was actually one of the women? Maybe the cult convinced her that the baby would be better off with parents who had money etc? Or that they were too young to be proper parents? She could have done it out of love for Holly whilst being brainwashed perhaps? Or does the timeline for adoption not fit?

sony12

Reaction score
Is it possible that Tina was actually one of the women? Maybe the cult convinced her that the baby would be better off with parents who had money etc? Or that they were too young to be proper parents? She could have done it out of love for Holly whilst being brainwashed perhaps? Or does the timeline for adoption not fit?

Possible but probably unlikely. Chances are they had some sort of falling out with the group (or at least members of the group who were violent) and then after the victims were killed some of the members continued to take care of Holly until they eventually dropped her off at a place where they thought she would be safe.