TX TX - Houston, *GRAPHIC*, suicide, Wht/Hsp Male, 13-19, UP87935, found dead in bus, Jan'22

I find Juan likely to be our doe, he has very similar features.
View attachment 340961
Note that the doe's face is turned downwards.

I find the JD has a classic heart shaped face with a narrow jaw and a wide forehead. Juan has a definite oval shaped face and what little we see of his ears don't have the same formation as the JD. JD's ears stand out from his head. He also looks quite a bit older than the JD to me. MOO

Just got an email back from someone at Brownsville PD who says that they do not believe Nery is our guy at this current time; darn it! I'm pushing my luck and asking if they can tell me how they came to that opinion because he really looked promising...

Wow! Nery Sis Chen looks just like him, including the pronounced overbite. Fingers crossed for this young man to be identified. Very good find.
He doesn't have an overbite? Overbites would be the lower jaw further back from the upper jaw creating a kind of hamster like profile. Some of my family have had braces with a few cases of overbites so im pretty familiar with the different bites and i can deffo say that he isn't someone with an overbite, his face looks pretty well developed. Some faces can only grow to their genetic potential and this is probably his. His nose to chin ratio is proportionate so overbites can deffo be ruled out.
A pronounced overbite would be the girl on the left hand side, and on the right its her post treatment. If you look at her nose to chin ratio its significantly proportionate after the treatment and looks similar to the profile of Johndoe, the chin doesn't necessarily have to be the same height as the nose

Last edited:
I think this is him, I contacted the relevant department already and posted to fb. He just looks so similar to the reconstruction, the only difference would be the nose as in this pic attached he has upturned apex (the round part of the nose). This boy has been missing since 2018 and there's speculations he was part of a gang, it kind of makes sense as i think he was a runaway otherwise why was he in an abandoned bus?
Wow, great likeness, can you please link information about this missing guy?

Wow, great likeness, can you please link information about this missing guy?
So when i was researching i decided to look into the obvious which was missing children in houston and i came across this one website which had him listed at the top and the details underneath indicated that he was 16 which matched the namus details which placed him in the same age bracket. The features closely resemble the ones in the composite so im sure this is him. The website I found it on:
The missing children of Houston

So when i was researching i decided to look into the obvious which was missing children in houston and i came across this one website which had him listed at the top and the details underneath indicated that he was 16 which matched the namus details which placed him in the same age bracket. The features closely resemble the ones in the composite so im sure this is him. The website I found it on:
The missing children of Houston
Ok, so this young man is named William Alvarenga-Amador. I can't find any other sources other than this 2019 article from the Chronicle about him being missing, though. The photo says it's been sourced from NCMEC, so I checked the website and he is not listed as missing on NCMEC (and I'm assuming he was initially if that's where his missing photo came from). So I think William has been located?

Ok, so this young man is named William Alvarenga-Amador. I can't find any other sources other than this 2019 article from the Chronicle about him being missing, though. The photo says it's been sourced from NCMEC, so I checked the website and he is not listed as missing on NCMEC (and I'm assuming he was initially if that's where his missing photo came from). So I think William has been located?
Good point lol, I didn't even think of checking the initial source but have now and hes deffo not listed. The thing is he would be 20 now as the website listed him back in 2019 and it states "age now: 16". As the website deals with children, maybe he no longer fits their criteria so they removed him?
Another thing i noticed is his picture is super grainy looking and the way hes being pictured makes me think its some kind of formal picture like a drivers license/passport and maybe the export of the pic compressed it so now its super grainy looking? Why dont they have better pics of him? Makes me think that he is in fact a runaway, and it makes sense as to how they found him in an abandoned bus which he was most likely living in

Good point lol, I didn't even think of checking the initial source but have now and hes deffo not listed. The thing is he would be 20 now as the website listed him back in 2019 and it states "age now: 16". As the website deals with children, maybe he no longer fits their criteria so they removed him?

I noticed that too. Not sure what the exact policy on aging is nowadays. It would apply to many missing children, even very old cases, and these children (now adults for a long time) are still listed on their site. Let say, they took him of because of aging. Wouldn't he still be listed, but now as an adult on other sites?

As you notified LE about William, (he looks a lot like John Doe) let's hope you get any response.

Last edited:
Another thing i noticed is his picture is super grainy looking and the way hes being pictured makes me think its some kind of formal picture like a drivers license/passport and maybe the export of the pic compressed it so now its super grainy looking? Why dont they have better pics of him? Makes me think that he is in fact a runaway, and it makes sense as to how they found him in an abandoned bus which he was most likely living in
@iulia posted this upthread. LOCATED IN ABANDONED BUS WHERE PEOPLE ARE KNOWN TO LOITER.

*Warning PM picture*

I'm working on creating an Excel spreadsheet with information about people who are believed to have gone missing while crossing the US-Mexico border as they are not typically added to NamUs. I can speak and read Spanish and am in a number of Spanish-language missing persons Facebook groups, so I've been translating the information into English and adding it to a spreadsheet. I'm not sure what I should do with the information I'm compiling and where the best place to share it is.

I noticed that too. Not sure what the exact policy on aging is nowadays. It would apply to many missing children, even very old cases, and these children (now adults for a long time) are still listed on their site. Let say, they took him of because of aging. Wouldn't he still be listed, but now as an adult on other sites?

As you notified LE about William, (he looks a lot like John Doe) let's hope you get any response.
It was a newspaper article dated 2019. It wasn't a database.

He has likely been found.

NCMEC keep children in their database after they turn 18. Etan Patz is still in there and he is 49.

I personally don't think the star is gang related. It's a "thing", but probably not gang related. We have something called the Edgar haircut here. It's not gang, but it's often associated with teens who get in trouble. Seen on a few mugshots, but the crimes are usually not serious and well sometimes plain old stupid. It's pretty much a running meme around here.
The Edgar haircut is the same class as a mullet. AKA Joe Dirt and the Tiger King.
I put our UID's haircut in the same "crime" category as a mullet or Edgar hair cut, which really is pretty much just a meme.

Top 30 Cool and Edgy Edgar Haircuts For Men 2022
makes sense... its spreading to Arkansas I guess. didn't know what was up with the kids getting them over but now I do. no kids who have an Edgar cut get in serious trouble. let alone being in a real gang. i think a theory is that maybe our doe could have been younger than we think. I remember getting little designs on your fade was really popular when i was in like 2nd-5th grade. i still see a lot of younger kids with those. i think the cowboys theory is plausible. id broaden our age range of kids on NCMEC to be our doe.

Maybe this person wasn't missing, but on the run. How about Abel Acosta? On the run since December 26, 2021 after committing a triple homicide in Garland , TX? Garland is just North of Dallas within the metro area. At the time he went off grid - He was 14yrs old said to be approximately 5'05" and 125lbs. The picture provided by LE is not the best as his mouth is not in a natural position...

1653190281318.png

ETA:

Realistically - this shouldn't be the UID... if LE was paying attention. But you never know.

I'm working on creating an Excel spreadsheet with information about people who are believed to have gone missing while crossing the US-Mexico border as they are not typically added to NamUs. I can speak and read Spanish and am in a number of Spanish-language missing persons Facebook groups, so I've been translating the information into English and adding it to a spreadsheet. I'm not sure what I should do with the information I'm compiling and where the best place to share it is.
Hi. In this thread there is a spreadsheet. Mexico - Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project Maybe you could take a look at it and add? Please join us there.

Migrants & Suspected Migrants UIDs - Google My Maps - Created by @ghostINshell

It was a newspaper article dated 2019. It wasn't a database.

He has likely been found.

NCMEC keep children in their database after they turn 18. Etan Patz is still in there and he is 49.
Sorry, I should have been clearer when I reacted to this question from @KimiMariaS upthread.

The picture was found in an article from 2019, that is correct, but was taken from the NCMEC database.I was talking about this database. As I said...there are still many, many missing children on there who are adults now for a long time, so it's unlikely they took this young man off because of aging and most likely he therefore is found. No other missing files for him found in other databases.

makes sense... its spreading to Arkansas I guess. didn't know what was up with the kids getting them over but now I do. no kids who have an Edgar cut get in serious trouble. let alone being in a real gang. i think a theory is that maybe our doe could have been younger than we think. I remember getting little designs on your fade was really popular when i was in like 2nd-5th grade. i still see a lot of younger kids with those. i think the cowboys theory is plausible. id broaden our age range of kids on NCMEC to be our doe.

I agree, I think he's on the younger end of the range. Not younger than 13, but probably 14 or 15 IMO.

I was just thinking how strange it is to commit suicide a day or two after getting a fresh haircut (it's been discussed prior how he still had pieces of cut hair sitting in his ears)... I know it could have been done on a whim but still, I wonder. His facial hair was freshly shaven, too (if you can stomach it, zoom in on his postmortem photos). I wish I knew what his COD was, if it was hanging as was speculated earlier or something else... I wonder if PD even considered the possibility of foul play or if there is evidence kept close to the vest that makes it a clear suicide, such as a note or parasuicide attempts?

I was just thinking how strange it is to commit suicide a day or two after getting a fresh haircut (it's been discussed prior how he still had pieces of cut hair sitting in his ears)... I know it could have been done on a whim but still, I wonder. His facial hair was freshly shaven, too (if you can stomach it, zoom in on his postmortem photos). I wish I knew what his COD was, if it was hanging as was speculated earlier or something else... I wonder if PD even considered the possibility of foul play or if there is evidence kept close to the vest that makes it a clear suicide, such as a note or parasuicide attempts?
it's normal for people with suicidal plans to put their last day on earth on a calendar. it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to look good for the people finding him. i was reading up on that for a little bit and its especially common in teens who feel guilty about taking their lives to clean up a bit beforehand to make it easier for crime scene cleanup. Its even happened in my family, so it's not out of the ballpark at all. it's also very common for people who are going through emotional distress to cut their hair to try to change things up. I mean, most of us have done it ourselves. this is all just theories to kinda drive home the fact that he committed suicide, but foul play isn't impossible either. runaways are at very high risk to take their own lives because a lot of them come from abusive families, which makes them horrified of what would happen if they were found.

Has it been revealed how he was found in the bus and by whom? What made someone look in the bus in the first place and right after he committed suicide?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back