TX TX - Houston, *GRAPHIC*, suicide, Wht/Hsp Male, 13-19, UP87935, found dead in bus, Jan'22

You know, I know you (and others) are probably right in this line of thinking. Still want to submit to sort of help making sure both are staying on the radar and to take away doubts.
Totally agree, it’s always better to submit any potential matches than hold onto them. Obviously if there are major discrepancies like a UID because found deceased after the missing person was last seen, submitting doesn’t make sense, but in this case I think there is enough to go off of to justify submitting it.

Totally agree, it’s always better to submit any potential matches than hold onto them. Obviously if there are major discrepancies like a UID because found deceased after the missing person was last seen, submitting doesn’t make sense, but in this case I think there is enough to go off of to justify submitting it.
Curious?? Does one contact the Tx region party named on Nameus website and suggest they follow-up with the UID Case # at Harris County IFS or is there a formal submittal process? I also agree the UID and MP are worth submitting for comparison. Thanks.

Curious?? Does one contact the Tx region party named on Nameus website and suggest they follow-up with the UID Case # at Harris County IFS or is there a formal submittal process? I also agree the UID and MP are worth submitting for comparison. Thanks.

If I submit I mostly mail to a contact person from LE (the case owners from the missing and UID) or a contact person from the ME office and the Namus contact. Like in this case. Now I only have a Namus contact mail address, the others have a telephone number. There is off course a general mail address but I want to make sure this kind of things land on the right desk. Being from the other side of the ocean it's complicating making calls and get the runaround.

If I submit I mostly mail to a contact person from LE (the case owners from the missing and UID) or a contact person from the ME office and the Namus contact. Like in this case. Now I only have a Namus contact mail address, the others have a telephone number. There is off course a general mail address but I want to make sure this kind of things land on the right desk. Being from the other side of the ocean it's complicating making calls and get the runaround.
Thanks, @Bit of hope for this info. I looked at the Namus website and was surprised not to find any details and it was a fluke that I came across the page with names of regional members. I'm not registered or have a log-in on Nameus, and assumed submittal info must be hidden from non-registered. Now I think my assumption is incorrect.

I would like to but "an entrance" is difficult, no contact name mentioned, only phone numbers, no mail address. I'm in Europe so I prefer not to call. Is there someone who is willing to make a call to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences?

That's interesting--Harris County used to have a couple of email addresses and a web form that could be submitted. Nothing but that single phone number, and it's only answered during Houston business hours. I wonder what the rational for that is?

View Printable Poster

Texas Missing Persons Clearhouse Online Bulletin​

Unidentified Person's Details​

Date Picture Updated: 2/9/2022

Case Number: U2202001
Agency: INST OF FORENSIC SCIENCES OF HARRIS COUNTY
Date Found: 01/10/2022
Estimated Date of Death: 01/10/2022
Cause of Death: Suicide
Race: White
Height: 5' 00" - 5' 01"
Eye Color: Brown
Sex: Male

Weight: 112 lbs. - 112 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
City Found: HOUSTON
County Found: HARRIS
State Found: Texas
Country Found: USA

Description:
LOCATED IN ABANDONED BUS WHERE PEOPLE ARE KNOWN TO LOITER. CLOTHING - BLK ADIDAS PANTS WITH WHI STRIPE DOWN LEGS, TEAL TOP IN RED AND BLU - BLK HI-TOPS SIZ 6-1/2

I know PD has only narrowed it down to under 30 but I really feel like this guy is possibly a teenager... his skin looks baby smooth and he's practically hairless!
Also looks extremely well groomed for someone who would shelter in a school bus. Hair looks clean/styled, if you zoom in you can see he shaved recently, and the star print on the side of his head looks like it was done/touched up no more than a week or two ago. One weird aspect if I believe he was shirtless? No shirt description and a black shirt is photoshopped on in the postmortem photos.
Also, the height and weight seem to indicate a teen, possibly a young teen even.

* An oversight perhaps but it has 1/9/22 as date of death. Maybe he was found on the 9th and then later died on the 10??
I believe this is the first time I've read his location of discovery - 6260 Westpark Drive. Nice find!
I'm a bit surprised, tbh. This is a multi-unit office building, and all the businesses appear to be still operational (including a limousine rental service, AIDS foundation Houston, a DOT/CDL physician, a hospice house central office, a couple of spas, etc). I was picturing an abandoned location that attracted transients...
I guess all the businesses are closed on the weekend, so the parking lot is used to loiter during those times. The 'abandonned bus' aspect is still kind of strange to me, because I was picturing a nonfunctional bus that was permanently in one spot and used for shelter, but I don't think the building managers would have let that happen, and it would have been towed.

1658618955425.png

Google Maps actually lets you take a street view walk (from April 2022) around the entire building. which is very helpful. It's mostly employee's/customers cars, ambulance parking (not sure if ambulance services are in the building, but I know EMS often have agreements with large parking lots that lets them station their vehicles for quick dispatch), some u-haul trucks to rent, and interestingly, some small, commercial, unlabelled buses, which I'm guessing may be owned and leased by the limo company. Could this have been what John Doe was in? And the bus was less-so abandoned, but rather an old vehicle, still kept around/bus awaiting repair from the company?

1658619783591.png

I enhanced a photo of Julian and compared to the UID, and while I can see some of the differences mentioned, I've also seen enough times now where death alters a face, and where people for whatever reason do not look exactly like the photos of them used for their "missing" images.

IF this is Julian, he may have dropped some weight.

I wonder who cleaned those businesses on weekends? That is a type of job an undocumented person, and/or a runaway might have? It might also explain knowing about the bus.

I believe this is the first time I've read his location of discovery - 6260 Westpark Drive. Nice find!
I'm a bit surprised, tbh. This is a multi-unit office building, and all the businesses appear to be still operational (including a limousine rental service, AIDS foundation Houston, a DOT/CDL physician, a hospice house central office, a couple of spas, etc). I was picturing an abandoned location that attracted transients...
I guess all the businesses are closed on the weekend, so the parking lot is used to loiter during those times. The 'abandonned bus' aspect is still kind of strange to me, because I was picturing a nonfunctional bus that was permanently in one spot and used for shelter, but I don't think the building managers would have let that happen, and it would have been towed.

View attachment 355771

Google Maps actually lets you take a street view walk (from April 2022) around the entire building. which is very helpful. It's mostly employee's/customers cars, ambulance parking (not sure if ambulance services are in the building, but I know EMS often have agreements with large parking lots that lets them station their vehicles for quick dispatch), some u-haul trucks to rent, and interestingly, some small, commercial, unlabelled buses, which I'm guessing may be owned and leased by the limo company. Could this have been what John Doe was in? And the bus was less-so abandoned, but rather an old vehicle, still kept around/bus awaiting repair from the company?

View attachment 355773
yea i think we discussed upthread. i think the bus was more parked than abandoned, and owned by the limo co.

There are several young, teen male “runaways” added to NamUs today, 7/29. Most are from the Houston area and include early 2022 timeframe. None of them have pictures or additional identifying details, just the basic stats of height, weight, hair/eye color. One was from a group home.

A couple of them may be candidates for a match to our UID. My guess is that LE recently followed up with the parents or reporting parties and confirmed still missing so reported them to NamUs.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> The medical examiner noted his COD was hanging and the manner of death was suicide.

This case really bothers me, he's so young... someone has to be missing him. I wonder if he was a runaway from some type of foster care? It just doesn't make sense for no parents or family to be looking for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...that is odd... It looks so thin? It actually looks like the imprint of a necklace to me. I wonder if whatever was used for the hanging/strangulation (etc) forced the metal of a necklace into his skin? A very sad and graphic thought. It doesn't look heavy/thick enough to support the weight of a person who hung themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back