TX TX - Houston, Orbit Drive Inn Grocery, Wht/HispMale 20-35, UP4568, "Ereanado", "K" ring, Feb'77

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

774UMTX

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberML77-0836
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-35
Estimated Year of Death1977
Estimated PMI1 Days
Height5' 5"(65 inches) , Estimated
Weight152 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundFebruary 15, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 15, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address#4 Burr StreetHouston, Texas
CountyHarris County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryFound outside the Orbit Drive Inn Grocery. Local residents recognized the face but did not know him personally. Thought his name was Ereanado, and that he lived with his elderly mother who had recently moved away.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair DescriptionSMALL GOATEE/BEARD AND MOUSTACE
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
3 INCH H0RIZ0NTAL SCAR 0N L0WER RIGHT ABD0MEN

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
WEARING BR0WN PANTS, BLUE SHIRT, GREEN S0CKS
On the Body

Footwear
WHITE WITH BLUE STRIPES TENNIS SH0ES
On the Body

Jewelry
YELLOW GOLD INITIAL RING "K", YELLOW GOLD RING WITH U S MARINES, CARRYING EMPTY BR0WN WALLET
On the Body

STREET VIEW

Google Maps

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4568
Male, White/Caucasian, Hispanic/Latino

*GRAPHIC POSTMORTEM PHOTO ATTACHED*

Date Body Found: February 15, 1977
Location Found: Houston, Texas

Location Found: Map
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 20-35
Estimated PMI: 1 Days

Estimated Height: 5' 5"
Estimated Weight: 152 lbs
Hair Color: Black

Facial Hair: Small goatee, beard and mustache
Scar/Mark: 3-inch horizontal scar on lower right side of abdomen

Clothing: Brown pants, blue shirt, green socks, white tennis shoes with blue stripes
Jewelry/Accessories: Yellow gold initial “K” ring, yellow gold ring with “U S Marines”, an empty brown wallet

Circumstances of Recovery: Found outside the Orbit Drive Inn Grocery. Local residents recognized the face but did not know him personally. Thought his name was Ereanado, and that he lived with his elderly mother who had recently moved away.

Attachments

• A7CF4910-B7AC-460F-9460-A59D8654738A.jpeg
    A7CF4910-B7AC-460F-9460-A59D8654738A.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 22
This MP could be a stretch, but I do wonder what might have happened to Dikran...
Dikran Knadjian – The Charley Project
4421F288-A184-4255-AB9C-794724E012C1.jpeg 6B5116DB-3525-427D-BCB7-6E2DEB4346E5.jpeg
- Missing Since June 1972 from Yosemite National Park, California.
- 20 years old, 5’6”-5’11”, 150-182 lbs, brown hair and brown eyes
- He is of Armenian descent and speaks English with a pronounced British accent.

Per The Charley Project:
Details of Disappearance
Knadjian was last seen at Camp Curry Village in Yosemite National Park in California on July 24, 1972. He asked the registration desk attendant how to get to Half Dome. He has never been heard from again.

Knadjian was a medical student at Cambridge University in England at the time of his disappearance. He was vacationing in the U.S. with plans to visit Florida after his stay at Yosemite. He is presumed to have gotten lost or injured in the wilderness

Bumping and wondering about the possible name. Would that be a first or last name and possible spellings?

I'm digging on Ancestry. Interestingly - I have a T. Arreando in Perris Calif. and that is very close to Camp Pendleton. This JD has a USMC ring.

It looks like the '65 yearbook spelled his last name differently and his teeth don't match up to the JD unless there was a lot of work done. :(

Attachments

• T Arreando Perris California.png
    T Arreando Perris California.png
    573 KB · Views: 7
  • tino arreando perris calif 65.png
    tino arreando perris calif 65.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Bumping and wondering about the possible name. Would that be a first or last name and possible spellings?

I'm digging on Ancestry. Interestingly - I have a T. Arreando in Perris Calif. and that is very close to Camp Pendleton. This JD has a USMC ring.

It looks like the '65 yearbook spelled his last name differently and his teeth don't match up to the JD unless there was a lot of work done. :(
I’m not sure about the name...It could be either. I’ll say, when I first saw it I thought of surname. I tried doing a side by side of the two, but it’s difficult to tell with the angle of JD’s PM photo...and I think you’re right in that he’d had to have some dental work done.

Any link on a cause of death, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a homicide. You don't just drop dead with an empty wallet outside of an establishment,

I’m not sure about the name...It could be either. I’ll say, when I first saw it I thought of surname. I tried doing a side by side of the two, but it’s difficult to tell with the angle of JD’s PM photo...and I think you’re right in that he’d had to have some dental work done.

I don’t know how I missed this the first time but Arreando is definitely a last name. It basically means “herding” in Spanish. His ancestors must have been ranchers and/or cowboys.

ETA: I have never heard the name Ereanado though. Doesn’t even come up as an old Castilian name which many Mexicans still use to this day.

I don’t know how I missed this the first time but Arreando is definitely a last name. It basically means “herding” in Spanish. His ancestors must have been ranchers and/or cowboys.

ETA: I have never heard the name Ereanado though. Doesn’t even come up as an old Castilian name which many Mexicans still use to this day.
It’s a very specific name. Especially for people to have recalled hearing him referred to as. I wonder if they could have been mistaken.

It’s a very specific name. Especially for people to have recalled hearing him referred to as. I wonder if they could have been mistaken.
I will ask my mother and see what she thinks. Her doctorate is in medieval Spanish/linguistics. She will know if that is a name that exists or if it sounds phonetically like another. She also lived in Mexico for over ten years and came across some pretty obscure names.

I wonder if the name was Areanado? The surname does exist and it doesn't seem too terribly common (after a google search omitting the baseball player Nolan Areanado/Arenado). It means "sandblasted." Maybe a weird nickname?

A male Spanish name that starts with K is also very uncommon, if the ring was engraved with an initial and not just a K for karat.

@Suglo What a fascinating background your mom has! That is very, very cool. I'm so interested to see what she says!

I wonder if the name was Areanado? The surname does exist and it doesn't seem too terribly common (after a google search omitting the baseball player Nolan Areanado/Arenado). It means "sandblasted." Maybe a weird nickname?

A male Spanish name that starts with K is also very uncommon, if the ring was engraved with an initial and not just a K for karat.

@Suglo What a fascinating background your mom has! That is very, very cool. I'm so interested to see what she says!
She says she never heard anything similar but wonders if his name was “Hernando” and that whoever spoke to the people who knew him by that name didn’t write it down correctly. Could be?

ETA: You also could be onto something with the Areanado. I also have never come across a K in any Spanish speaking country.

She says she never heard anything similar but wonders if his name was “Hernando” and that whoever spoke to the people who knew him by that name didn’t write it down correctly. Could be?

ETA: You also could be onto something with the Areanado. I also have never come across a K in any Spanish speaking country.
Thank you for asking her! I’m glad she weighed in.

I’m at a loss on the name. Phonetically it could be many things. It’s just so oddly specific. Makes you wonder how that name ended up in reports the way it did. I’m not sure how to type this, but this is how I pronounce it... Air-E-a-nod-O. Which sounds a lot like Arrendondo to me. I don’t know. I wish we knew whether it was possibly lost in translation or dictation.

Interesting info!
I'm wondering if he may be more Central or South American and that name would be more likely in one of those countries.

Ereanado was found across from a church, which has been around for some time, does anyone live in Houston (not asking anyone to go out, just curious)

I have a feeling someone in Houston knows who he is, given the timeframe, his mother probably isn't alive anymore, but I'm sure he still has family.

The church is a good thought!
Maybe social media posts to or tagged to that church might dig something up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back