TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

So I have been looking at this case for a bit lately as this doe has a lot of things going on with it.
1) Smurfette had 22 ribs
2) Probobaly had Ostiapina (Not sure about that one)
3) She had grown arrest lanes in her thigh bones (she was probably malnourished or illness as a child)
4) in her teeth, she had heavy decay and the crowns of teeth 3 and 4 were destroyed by cavities. Their individual tooth socket was infected.
5) Teeth 1, 2, 16, 17, and 32 were removed or did not develop as the teeth sockets were healed.
6) Smurfette had dental work including three fillings and lower molars.
7) The female had a severe overbite
8) Most likely grew up in Texas and living in South Texas. (San Antonio or Austin)
9) She had asymmetry to her skull which could have been visible in her face and could have been from an illness or a syndrome
10) a possible defect in the base of her skull so she could have had Chiari malformation

From all the things I have read, I feel like Smurfette is a foster child. Possibly with mental illness or a disability. The dental work she has had does point to her having some money or at least a family. The one thing I wish was the artist making her look more like she did, with asevere overbite and hollow.
I want to make this alive again as it is 2020 and maybe we have more stuff to help us. This is someones child.

So I have been looking at this case for a bit lately as this doe has a lot of things going on with it.
1) Smurfette had 22 ribs
2) Probobaly had Ostiapina (Not sure about that one)
3) She had grown arrest lanes in her thigh bones (she was probably malnourished or illness as a child)
4) in her teeth, she had heavy decay and the crowns of teeth 3 and 4 were destroyed by cavities. Their individual tooth socket was infected.
5) Teeth 1, 2, 16, 17, and 32 were removed or did not develop as the teeth sockets were healed.
6) Smurfette had dental work including three fillings and lower molars.
7) The female had a severe overbite
8) Most likely grew up in Texas and living in South Texas. (San Antonio or Austin)
9) She had asymmetry to her skull which could have been visible in her face and could have been from an illness or a syndrome
10) a possible defect in the base of her skull so she could have had Chiari malformation

From all the things I have read, I feel like Smurfette is a foster child. Possibly with mental illness or a disability. The dental work she has had does point to her having some money or at least a family. The one thing I wish was the artist making her look more like she did, with a severe overbite and hollow.
I want to make this alive again as it is 2020 and maybe we have more stuff to help us. This is someone's child.

Sounds like a young girl whose family was most likely undocumented and from a poor, extremely rural region of Southern or Central America (she gives me that Hispanic vibe and the multiple deformities she had make me think of some sort of inbreeding) and couldn't afford to feed her (malnourishment), then who was taken away by CPS and was in foster care of some sort (hence the dental work). Since no one seems to know her, my guess is that she could have ran away and was never reported because she had aged out of the system.

For some reason, it just doubled my post but besides that, I really think that we won't be able to give this poor girl a name.

I do agree she might be a foster kid but many kids go missing and unnamed. I wish they would put out a full list of foster kids from 2000-2015 who have been missing because I feel like that would help a lot with naming this girl.
A third of Texas foster care runaways remain missing: CPS

There was very generous dental coverage for children with Medicaid in Texas (not sure if this still applies). Foster care makes sense if she had sporadic good care mixed with periods of neglect from biological family/not so good foster care.

There was very generous dental coverage for children with Medicaid in Texas (not sure if this still applies). Foster care makes sense if she had sporadic good care mixed with periods of neglect from biological family/not so good foster care.

That would apply a lot because this could point to her being in foster care. It is gonna be quite hard to pinpoint where she is from and if she had been in foster families before dying. With the fix of good care and periods of neglect, we could look into records of kids being taken away from their families around the time she could have been alive. The only issue is I am not sure if it goes back that far.

There was a theory I saw I think on Reddit that she had been kidnapped and held hostage which could explain how her teeth went from good to horrible in a short matter of time. My thoughts on this theory are on the fence, she could have been held hostage by her foster family only to be killed?

The fact that she was born with 22 ribs, I did some digging and found that she could have had Spondylocostal Dysostosis, it is a rare heritable axial skeleton grown disorder which could lead to why she was born with that number of ribs.
JPediatrNeurosci_2015_10_2_127_159204_f7.jpg

pYnIOwDXbzN0ARlrqlXhbwceXNLns-3pgDgSd-zLOuNuNAf8kbv3YkC1yWCzkQExBtQEPsno-aHdCPbVLeogFXybUiAWX5EPxmWeZNuVQN8T835j78fjGF-a2fIa

If we could find maybe some medical records of a child born with this or 22 ribs would be amazing to find as of right now.

Spondylocostal dysostosis: MedlinePlus Genetics
Spondylocostal dysostosis is a group of conditions characterized by abnormal development of bones in the spine and ribs. The bones of the spine (vertebrae) are misshapen and abnormally joined together (fused). Many people with this condition have abnormal side-to-side curvature of the spine (scoliosis) due to malformation of the vertebrae. In addition to spinal abnormalities, some of the rib bones may be fused together or missing. Affected individuals have short, rigid necks and short torsos because of the bone malformations. As a result, people with spondylocostal dysostosis have short bodies but normal-length arms and legs, called short-trunk dwarfism.

The spine and rib abnormalities, which are present from birth, cause other signs and symptoms of spondylocostal dysostosis. Infants with this condition have small chests that cannot expand adequately, often leading to life-threatening breathing problems. As the lungs expand in the narrow chest, the muscle that separates the abdomen from the chest cavity (the diaphragm) is forced down and the abdomen is pushed out. The increased pressure in the abdomen can cause a soft out-pouching around the lower abdomen (inguinal hernia), particularly in males with spondylocostal dysostosis.

Some people with spondylocostal dysostosis also have a type of birth defect known as a neural tube defect. Neural tube defects occur when a structure called the neural tube, a layer of cells that ultimately develops into the brain and spinal cord, fails to close completely during the first few weeks of embryonic development. Examples of neural tube defects that occur in people with spondylocostal dysostosis include a spinal cord abnormality known as spina bifida and a brain abnormality called a Chiari malformation.

Although breathing problems can be fatal early in life, many affected individuals live into adulthood.

Spondylocostal dysostosis has often been grouped with a similar condition called spondylothoracic dysostosis, and both are sometimes called Jarcho-Levin syndrome; however, they are now considered distinct conditions.

I think a mentally competent 15-17 year old would take better care of their teeth in 2012. However an abused/mistreated/malnourished child would not know to properly care for themselves. If they were between 12-14 they may have still been under the heavy influence of an abusive/neglectful parent? Her clothing is confusing to me though. I wouldn't guess a mentally disabled person would be wearing a thong? Or even a middle schooler. Is that one of the reasons they gave her an older age range? If it was more of a trafficking situation, she may have been younger. So many questions.

I think a mentally competent 15-17 year old would take better care of their teeth in 2012. However an abused/mistreated/malnourished child would not know to properly care for themselves. If they were between 12-14 they may have still been under the heavy influence of an abusive/neglectful parent? Her clothing is confusing to me though. I wouldn't guess a mentally disabled person would be wearing a thong? Or even a middle schooler. Is that one of the reasons they gave her an older age range? If it was more of a trafficking situation, she may have been younger. So many questions.
Is it the Smurf shirt being more on the young side that is confusing? I went to high school a few years before and more 'kiddie' t shirts were pretty big at the time. The Junk Food brand was a big one. Tootsie pop, Trix cereal, Care Bears, the Little Mermaid, Power Rangers, and Mickey Mouse. Hot Topic also sells that kind of stuff too.

As for the thongs, I think a lot of girls I went to school with got their first one in 8th grade/freshman year.

Is it the Smurf shirt being more on the young side that is confusing? I went to high school a few years before and more 'kiddie' t shirts were pretty big at the time. The Junk Food brand was a big one. Tootsie pop, Trix cereal, Care Bears, the Little Mermaid, Power Rangers, and Mickey Mouse. Hot Topic also sells that kind of stuff too.

As for the thongs, I think a lot of girls I went to school with got their first one in 8th grade/freshman year.

100%. Me and my friends used to wear cartoon shirts in 2012, and we were 15/16. Even the ‘popular kids’ wore them lol. I feel like it was a thing at that time.

The Namus record for 12yo Kimberly Orellano last seen walking along highway 281 between Falfurrias and McAllen on 9 August 2012 has been updated a couple of months back. Can anyone with a Namus account look at Kimberly's rule-outs to see if this UID has now been compared?

Kimberly was mentioned upthread several years ago but at the time did not have DNA available.
Missing Person Case (namus.gov)
Thumbnail

The Namus record for 12yo Kimberly Orellano last seen walking along highway 281 between Falfurrias and McAllen on 9 August 2012 has been updated a couple of months back. Can anyone with a Namus account look at Kimberly's rule-outs to see if this UID has now been compared?

Kimberly was mentioned upthread several years ago but at the time did not have DNA available.
Thumbnail
According to her Charley Project page, she has a small elongated burn scar on her back and an inch-long scar on the inside of her left arm.

Kimberly Abigail Orellana – The Charley Project

Thumbnail

Yes, Namus shows she has been ruled out as being Smurfette,
UP10722

I'm not sure if this even matters, but I did a little searching and found the shirt info. I read through several pages of this thread, but not all, so I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet. The licensing was done by C-Life Group LTD which holds licenses for a ton of stuff, but this shirt was an official The Smurfs - Peyo 2012 shirt. Other designs within that same collection were basically only made in 2012 and sold through retailers like Forever 21, Ross, Costco, and Hot Topic.

There is a Canadian who went missing in November 1981, foster child.
The Doe Network: Case File 510DFQC

Myriam Isabella Kniaz
upload_2021-5-13_11-47-6.jpeg
Date Of Birth: October 20, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" - 165 cm; 112 lbs - 51 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue/white vest and a short green coat
Dentals: Not available
AKA: Mirriam Isabella Kniaz
Other: She speaks French and English. DNA available

Myriam was last seen at her foster home in 1981.
She is a habitual runaway from group and foster homes.

Taller than Jane Doe, not sure about the genetic make-up but sounds like there could be some hispanic or native in there. I will point out that one 'missing' poster lists height and weight as n/a rather than any actual numbers.

There is a Canadian who went missing in November 1981, foster child.
The Doe Network: Case File 510DFQC

Myriam Isabella Kniaz
View attachment 297033

Date Of Birth: October 20, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" - 165 cm; 112 lbs - 51 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue/white vest and a short green coat
Dentals: Not available
AKA: Mirriam Isabella Kniaz
Other: She speaks French and English. DNA available

Myriam was last seen at her foster home in 1981.
She is a habitual runaway from group and foster homes.

Taller than Jane Doe, not sure about the genetic make-up but sounds like there could be some hispanic or native in there. I will point out that one 'missing' poster lists height and weight as n/a rather than any actual numbers.

Are you sure you have the right thread? This Jane Doe was a teenager when she was killed in 2012. Mirriam was born in 1965 and would have been over 40 when Smurfette was found. The medical examiner has been adamant about the young age.

This one is a little bit of a stretch, but one of her photos shows what appears to be an overbite, and her story is one that could account for some of Smurfette's details. Kaya was adopted when she was 6, along with 2 of her younger siblings, in 2008. Reports of horrible abuse, mistreatment, and other heartbreaking events led to both "parents" being arrested last year. Kaya went missing some time between 2010-2012, but it wasn't realized/reported until 2019-2020.

Kaya Marie Centeno
NCMEC Poster
Charley Project

Attachments

• 118475771_1014893355642346_8877643596858474085_n.jpg
    118475771_1014893355642346_8877643596858474085_n.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 21

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online