TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, unbelievable they really look alot alike and the dates match up too! I think you may be on to something.

Good find! I wonder if Mitchel's family would know if he had spina bifida or if it was such a mild case it would have been undiagnosed. I think it's worth reporting!

Sugie posted about another missing boy from that time period and contacted Harris County,I dont think she's heard anything yet.
That was for another of their unidentifieds who was also found in Corll's boat shed the same time as yours.
This kid is a good physical match though he came up missing in New York
But who knows? Corll was known to pick up hitchhikers and if the kid ended up in Texas...

With regard to 1010, USMC means U.S. Marine Corps, right? What is L84MF? Does that mean anything?

"a khaki long-sleeved t-shirt that tied in front and had a large peace symbol and the letters “USMC” and “L84MF” on the back"

For all I know it might be that L84MF might be a military number but:

Just out of curiosity I tried searching for variations of the L84MF & when I tried L24MF I got a search hit. It is an address in MX, Example:Costa Diamante, Suite L24MF. (costa diamante (Puerto Penasco/Rocky Point, Sonora, MX) ) Not sure that has anything to do with the case but Mexico not so far from parts of Texas.

anthrobones.. post #34
This is a scarey thought, but it gave me chills when I saw L84MF
The only thing I ever knew L84MF meant was Late (L8) for (4) My (M) funeral (F).

anthrobones.. post #34
This is a scarey thought, but it gave me chills when I saw L84MF
The only thing I ever knew L84MF meant was Late (L8) for (4) My (M) funeral (F).

Considering the times, this might actually make sense-i wonder if the shirt was hand-lettered or mass produced?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1675dmca.html
and
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1010umtx.html

Side by side Left is reconstruction of UID and right is Peter

sidebyside.jpg

Peter went missing in 1970 in CA. The UID is a victim of Dean Corll and was found in 1973 in TX, so the distance is way off. However, Peter was hitchhiking the last time he was seen. Peter is listed as having "idiopathic scoliosis, with one shoulder blade larger and/or higher than the other" and the UID is listed as having a "mild form of spina bifida, which may have affected his gait or caused him lower back pain, or may not have produced any symptoms". Just wondering if Peter was mis-diagnosed?

thoughts?

I'd submit it, Barb. I agree the hairline looks off but when dealing with reconstruction, it is very difficult to know what is the artist's impressions versus what may be real, kwim? There are similarities.

After working with Grateful Doe and seeing the 2 VERY different sketches of the UID, I think it is good to check out anything that looks possible.

Salem

Your missing candidate has a chipped tooth, so there must be some dental info available on him. I think I would sleuth it a little bit and find out what tooth was chipped, then check in with the det for the UID and see if the UID had a chipped tooth or a cap on the same tooth...JMO.

I agree on the hairline, and it was one of the things really holding me back on this. However, the spinal conditions finally overrode everything, and I took the advice and submitted it to the ME who is working so hard to identify these last 2 unknown victims of Dean Corll. I got a pretty quick response back from her saying that she is out of the lab right now, but has not yet looked at Peter as a possible. When she gets back, she plans on checking into it and will let me know. She did say that she is always looking for new leads.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the input.

I heard back from the ME today. She said that with the information on hand, she could not exclude Peter from being a possible match, so she has requested more info and documentation. She said she would let me know what she finds out. I will post when I hear back from her again.

Heard back from the ME this morning, and Peter has been ruled out through dentals.

I'm sorry to hear that... I still think it was a good idea to submit the information and want to pat you on the back for stepping out!;)

ETA: Mods, please remove the "possible match" alert to the title of this thread. :-(

Good work!
The face was very close.
I dont think distance can be used to rule out possibles.
David Brooks Corll's accomplice recounted at least one victim picked up hitchiking in 1972.
He didnt have any info about him other then Corll kept him for about four days before killing him.
Certain Young people were very mobile back in those days.

The UID link in the OP says that the case does not exist or has been removed from the site."

But this appears to be the same Doe still listed on Doe Network and Namus:
1010UMTX

The other still unidentified victim is this one:
<broken link; likely identified>

Mitchel Weiser's Namus page
2DMNY - Mitchel Fred Weiser

Mitchel Weiser has DNA in Codis.
The UID DNA is said to be "Available; University of North Texas"
"The profile is searchable at the national level (full mito, 8 STR loci + amelogenin)"

Not sure if that means the UID is in Codis or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back