TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Mar 9, 2008.

1. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021

2. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Wait.. so there is an unidentified boy tied to a torture board photo.. but his body has not been found? Could the unidentified boy in the torture board be this swimsuit guy? Or is that just a totally different guy. Does he have a thread on WS.. I never saw or heard of the boy on the torture board. This is so sad. There is just a photo.. was he one of the already identified guys. Omg this is actually making me sad ugh.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  3. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

1010UMTX

(with a belt that had gold-colored wings and the letter “C” on the silver buckle)

Have we ever seen a photo of the belt and belt buckle?

4. Stokeshe

Stokeshe Active Member

5. onceuponadecember

onceuponadecember Well-Known Member

Honestly, what is so confusing right now is how this boy is still unknown. How does a boy, probably from the heights, not have a name? It breaks my heart.

6. AkitasAreLovely

AkitasAreLovely Well-Known Member

I don't think the clothing description in the photo matched what Swimsuit Boy was wearing. I never knew Corll to ever redress victims or change their clothing postmortem either, so the likelihood of the photo being this John Doe never seemed likely for me. Of course, it's not impossible still. Was it ever conclusively proved which address the photo was taken at?

7. Molly's Mom

Molly's Mom Well-Known Member

My guess is that "probably" means that he wasn't from or that he wasn't from there for long. My mom lived in the Timbergrove area and her father was the pastor of a church in the Heights, that's the only reason she knew the Baulch boy. I don't think she would have known any others.

8. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

I think he must not be from the area, and probably from a surrounding state that didn't see as much media attention about the Dean Corll murders. I wasn't around back then, but it seems to me that Dean Corll was never really well known in the way Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy, etc. were, and is more well known amongst true crime people and Houston natives. But I wonder the same thing about the John Wayne Gacy UID victims and he had what appeared to be significantly more media attention than Corll! So who knows?

Maybe he was hitchhiking from Louisiana or Arkansas?

9. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I think he may have been from away as well. Or, at least, not from the local area.
    I was a kid back then and never heard of him until 10 years ago. I met someone on another forum about another case whose friend went missing, presumed to be one of Dean Corll's victims. I believe she said he was one of the victims left buried. Decades later, she was still traumatized, and her telling me about Dean Corll frightened me so much, it took me many years before I could even look him up.

madamx, Snoods and MadMcGoo like this.
  10. Molly's Mom

Molly's Mom Well-Known Member

Corll's crimes were overshadowed by Gacy because Corll was dead in '73 and his accomplices convicted. Gacy's crimes (that are known) started in '72 and he was caught in '78. People forgot Corll because he was dead and wasn't around to talk.

11. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I am flabbergasted every time I read about Dean. He was sooo many things; young, bad, feared, forgotten, unheard of. His crimes are almost dismissed because he’s dead. And that’s a travesty when it comes to his unidentified victims. These boys are missed by someone.

12. Snoods

Snoods Flounciest Faux Former Member

Yes, it’s unbelievable. His body has never been found and he has never been identified. Elmer denies knowing who he is. Elmer has actually been pretty honest about all of the boys, so I think this was one Dean did by himself. But the photo was found with Elmer’s belongings, so... He is definitely not Swimsuit Boy.

There were many pictures of the dead boys found with Dean’s belongings (per police reports) but this boy’s picture was randomly found by a filmmaker who was granted permission to go through Elmer’s stuff by Elmer’s mother.

The boy is terrified, handcuffed to the torture board, and Dean’s torture tool box is seen to the left of the boy. The tool box is seen in other crime scene photos found in Dean’s home.
    A8C59EB4-DD77-4266-A72B-D9C86EB39615.jpeg

29th victim of Candy Man 'revealed' after photo of a terrified handcuffed young boy discovered | Daily Mail Online

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  13. Snoods

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    madamx and MadMcGoo like this.
  14. Snoods

Ugh! The pictures of Elmer and David strutting around like movie stars, pointing out various gravesites, not wearing handcuffs, smoking ciggies. Barf.

In this picture bystanders in bathing suits are gawking as the police lift a body from a grave. They are so close they could have jumped in.
    03815CB4-26F7-415B-A9C0-8ADE968FAFE6.jpeg

15. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I know. Hard to believe this was a crime scene.

mzhammy, MajorHoople, Snoods and 4 others like this.
  16. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Omg I never saw that photo. Wtf.. random people are just hanging out watching like it’s a show.. and what is up with the VIP front row bikini lady?!?! omg this is insane!

17. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Oh there were more photos? .. Did they ever release the photos to the public to see if anyone could identify the boys? ( this reminds me of Larry Eyler Dr Little they had photos and even snuff films) yet there still remain unidentified victims... You think they would release the photos even cropped to show clothing or faces or hair or something that someone might recognize. ..
    Yeah and if Elmer did not know the guy why is that the Only photo he has.... oh so many questions.
    I wonder how many of the boys they killed have remains unidentified ( the real numbers)

Mireille, Snoods, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  18. Snoods

The photos of the tortured boys were never released to the public. Mad Magoo posted the police reports and we both went crazy for a couple weeks reading every detail. The photos were one of the details in the reports.

All of the boys they found have been identified except for sSwimsuit boy and the Polaroid photo boy. Not to say I don’t believe there are more boys still buried out there. Mark Scott is still buried at High Island beach. The police just decided to stop digging even though Elmer said there were more bodies. Houston didn’t want to beat Gacy’s record, I guess.

yeah, on one hand Elmer has been brutally honest about where the boys were buried and what was done to them. He even included his own involvement in the torture murders and how much he enjoyed it. But why the random photo of the boy found with his stuff?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  19. Snoods

I know! Everyone in Texas knew what was going on at High Island beach and the other locations. H*ll, it was televised live. Body after body dug up on live tv.

I just can’t imagine saying “Hey honey, grab your suit, let’s go watch some dead boys get dug up!”

20. Snoods

I do realize Gacy wasn’t caught until well after Dean, but I remember reading Gacy idolized Dean Corll.

Which serial killer was active at approximately the same time? I remember reading in Texas Monthly that HPD didn’t want to be known as the city with the worst serial killers. They f’d up the case so badly in so many ways they just wanted it to go away. This from someone extremely pro police. Don’t get murdered in Houston.