TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Snoods

Snoods Flounciest Faux Former Member

Delete repeat

2. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Here’s a link to my research. It contains all the links to what Snoods mentioned. It may be hard to understand for anyone other than me though :D, but links are at the bottom of sheet 1. Full disclosure, it’s a difficult rabbit hole to go down if you choose to do so. Heartbreaking.

Dean Arnold Corll

I hope Sammy’s identification is coming soon.

3. AkitasAreLovely

AkitasAreLovely Well-Known Member

Gacy only killed one kid in 1972, and by all accounts, it was totally unplanned and didn't actually commit a premeditated murder until after Corll's crimes were uncovered. The only killer I can think of who got inspiration, if you can call it that, was Patrick Kearney, who had newspaper clippings of the Houston crimes in his house when he was being interviewed about a teenager's murder in May 1977.

MadMcGoo likes this.
  4. John/Jane Doe

John/Jane Doe Active Member

What is Swimsuit Boy's current exclusion list?

MadMcGoo and renee_ellis like this.
  5. Ontheriver

Ontheriver Member

I've been studying this case for many years. One of the saddest aspects of this case is the families who lost two sons, like the Baulch family.

MadMcGoo and MajorHoople like this.
  6. Ontheriver

Ontheriver Member

Gacy did get some of his ideas from Dean Corll. I don't remember where I read it, but when police asked Gacy where he got his ideas for the handcuff trick and the rack, he replied "that guy in Texas."

Friday Fan, renee_ellis and MadMcGoo like this.
  7. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Yes, I read that somewhere, too, that Gacy said he got the idea for his torture board from Corll.

Ontheriver, MadMcGoo and MajorHoople like this.
  8. Ontheriver

Ontheriver Member

I see you got the Houston & Pasadena police reports like I did.
    I see you got a hold of the Houston & Pasadena police files too. I found some interesting things in those files. One thing that bothered me is that one of them had quite a few pictures of teen aged boys. It would be nice to know what their names are and if any had disappeared. And not surprisingly, none of the boys who attended Dean's parties have come forward to speak about what went on there.

Friday Fan, annemc2 and MadMcGoo like this.
  9. MadMcGoo

These reports blew my mind when I first read them. I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that so many things were overlooked or pushed under the rug. Why has no one come forward? That’s an excellent question.

10. AkitasAreLovely

AkitasAreLovely Well-Known Member

Seems I'm not able to access those links on the spreadsheet.

MadMcGoo likes this.
  11. MadMcGoo

That’s odd. I was able to open a few.... here are the direct links to some. If you’re still not able to access these or you’d like me to copy the rest for you, let me know!

All Reports: Dean Corll records from Houston PD : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

D-01054 - Camaro, Auto Theft Report: Dean Corll records from Houston PD : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

D-31392 - Charles Cary Cobble: Dean Corll records from Houston PD : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

AkitasAreLovely and renee_ellis like this.
  12. Ontheriver

Ontheriver Member

These reports blew my mind when I first read them. I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that so many things were overlooked or pushed under the rug. Why has no one come forward? That’s an excellent question.
    I'm sure Billy Ridinger didn't come forward after he was attacked and released by Dean because of embarrassment or shame. But in his interview with the police, he never once mentioned it. In fact he said he was still saw Dean from time to time and been invited to hang out with him over the upcoming Labor Day weekend. All I could figure is that he was initially lying to the police?? But, he did have to testify before a grand jury about the attack.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    MadMcGoo likes this.
  13. MadMcGoo

Yes, embarrassment and shame. But how long (after Dean was dead) would these boys be inclined to “protect” them? This is a unique case in that the killer died. Pretty early on. The other two perpetrators were too... weak?.... to tell the truth.

Friday Fan and renee_ellis like this.
  14. Hope32

Hope32 Mainly Lurker Sometimes Sleuther

As of June 22:
    Exclusions

Alan Bourque
    Date of Last Contact March 10, 1970
    State LA
    County Orleans

Earl Joggerst
    Date of Last Contact August 4, 1972
    State MO
    County Jefferson

Joseph Spears
    Date of Last Contact July 31, 1973
    State MS
    County Harrison

Richard Lamson
    Date of Last Contact February 22, 1970
    State CA
    County San Mateo

Peter Bonick
    Date of Last Contact February 22, 1970
    State CA
    County San Mateo

Mitchel Weiser
    Date of Last Contact July 27, 1973
    State NY
    County Sullivan

Dermot Kelly
    Date of Last Contact January 30, 1972
    State IL
    County LaSalle

First Name Mark
    Last Name Bachelder
    State TX

First Name David
    Last Name Waggoner
    State TX
    Investigating Agency Pasadena

First Name David
    Last Name Hesterlee
    State TX
    Investigating Agency Galveston

Derran Rogers
    Date of Last Contact February 27, 1973
    State CA
    County Stanislaus

James Egan
    Date of Last Contact August 6, 1972
    State WI
    County Ozaukee

Dermot Kelly
    Date of Last Contact January 30, 1972
    State IL
    County LaSalle

Norman Prater
    Date of Last Contact January 14, 1973
    State TX
    County Dallas

15. Friday Fan

Friday Fan Well-Known Member

I did not know about this case until about 12 years ago! I'm the same age as Henley.

Gacy was front page news!

This one just wasn't. Maybe it was Gacy's slab/crawl space...Maybe Houston was embarrassed by this...Maybe the media portrayed the victims as "willing".....

I really admired some of the parents in Gacy's, because it was the parents that eventually led police to Gacy.

16. Friday Fan

Friday Fan Well-Known Member

I hear you! "We don't want Texas to get a bad reputation"....:rolleyes::(

Oh and Henry Lee Lucas 10 years later...good gawd...what an embarrassment....All for show!!:mad:

Hubby grew up in San Antonio...I just woke him up from his sleep, "Did you know there was a John Wayne Gacy in Houston?".His response through his CPAP machine: "Yes"...He was asleep, hates to be awoken and is a deep sleeper...so he knew about it at the time. It assume it was a big story here....

17. onceuponadecember

onceuponadecember Well-Known Member

I mean our big show from where I’m from is Ted Bundy (I’m from Utah) but he wasn’t very prevalent there. I still think that there are more bodies of Corll victims out there.

Springrain and Friday Fan like this.
  18. MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie New Member

I know I'm really really late to this post but since the site doesn't work for me we sadly can't see this anymore I was looking through old Corll post on here and when you mentioned Rhonda and David's sister that was very interesting as we know next to nothing about Brooks. Was there any juicy details they had?

Edit: it appears I should read more before posting lol thanks for sharing those archive links guys.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  19. snowgoose

snowgoose Well-Known Member

I noticed a recent comment on the DNA Doe Project pinned Facebook post that may be of interest.

Someone asked:
    "Curious why swimsuit boy is on indefinite hold? Is it funding?"

DNA Doe Project replied:
    "Funding was not an issue (thanks to all you donors!) All our agencies have the right to take their cases elsewhere at any time. We want to see all our Does identified, regardless of who has the case at the end.
    For our part, DDP does not market aggressively, jockey for cases, nor do we take them from others."

Reading between the lines, it sounds like another genetic genealogy organisation convinced LE to give them Swimsuit Boy's case instead of DDP. I think this has been speculated before, but it's interesting to see DDP all but confirm it.

Sounds like the internal politics can get a bit ugly - I wish they would just collaborate instead of taking cases away from one another! - but at least it appears someone is still working to identify Swimsuit Boy.

20. Ontheriver

Ontheriver Member

Thanks for posting on swimsuit boy. Since Sharron Derrick retired from the medical examiners office, I have not read anything more on this. I know Sharon worked with another woman named (I believe) Jennifer Love. I had thought of contacting her but it sounds like someone had been working on it. I agree with you totally on collaboration. I don't know know why these samples aren't submitted to every genealogy firm. The more exposure, the higher chance of a hit.

snowgoose, Friday Fan and renee_ellis like this.