TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

2. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

Yes, this was discussed extensively back in August 2020 when the FB post and comment was made - scroll back up thread a bit.

Mrs. Badcrumble likes this.
  3. Hope32

Hope32 Mainly Lurker Sometimes Sleuther

I was just going to comment that I saw that post about him being on indefinite hold and see what was going on. Appears that people don't like to cooperate does it really matter who solves it, btu that this person gets their name back.

4. snowgoose

snowgoose Well-Known Member

Ah, okay! They may have made a similar comment back in 2020, but the one I'm talking about was posted June 15, 2021. It's one of the most recent comments on the pinned DDP Facebook post. It's more specific than what I remember being discussed earlier so I thought I'd share. Sorry if it's rehashing an old discussion.

renee_ellis likes this.
  5. oldmaid

oldmaid Member

Thank you for asking that question, snowgoose. I also was wondering if funding was the issue and I’m glad I came to this website to find out. I’m so glad it’s still moving forward. This poor young man has really touched me and I pray he gets identified soon.

MadMcGoo, renee_ellis and snowgoose like this.
  6. snowgoose

snowgoose Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, it wasn't me who posted the question on Facebook. I agree it's good to see confirmation that it's still moving forward. :)

MadMcGoo, renee_ellis and oldmaid like this.
  7. oldmaid

oldmaid Member

Oh yes, sorry I meant to say thank you for posting the info from Facebook. I was rarely on FB but now I’ll be back on to follow the DDP page. Thanks again!

renee_ellis and snowgoose like this.
  8. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Well-Known Member

Highly recommended. Most thorough doc I have seen on
    Corrl. A name was mentioned in relation to swimsuit boy, Bobby French, I think? Something like that. If you stream, its available on Discovery Plus.

PS I missed y'all :)

9. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back! :)

And yes. The documentary is well worth the watch!

10. MadMcGoo

11. TheHauntedOne

TheHauntedOne Member

I have been working on finding Bobby's (swimsuit boy) identity for a few years now, I believe I have come up with at least 4-5 school's (old yearbooks) to check, several possible leads (including where he was picked up by Corll and Brooks) and took stills of him from the Documentary if anyone would like copies. Also the apartment complex I believe he was killed at; plus breaking down his possible story, in regards to Corll and Brooks, by breaking down several statements Brooks made early on in the investigation. I also have tons of files and pictures from the case, plus some rare shots of Dean and Billy Riddinger. It is a life goal to give him back his identity and bring him home. I'd love to collaborate with anyone, compare notes, maybe find new leads...

12. MadMcGoo

I don’t have as much free time as I used to, but I’d love to see what you have and help any way I can! Feel free to private message me.

13. AkitasAreLovely

AkitasAreLovely Well-Known Member

Has Bobby French been unable to be ruled out/identified as Swimsuit Boy because of certain factors?

inmyhumbleopinion and MadMcGoo like this.
  14. TheHauntedOne

TheHauntedOne Member

Last I heard Bobby was their main lead. I'm still open to other names, but for now I plan to search under that name (at least Bobby something).

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  15. TheHauntedOne

TheHauntedOne Member

Hey so here is all the images I've collected so far, the rest is in long document pdf form. Warning some graphic imagery fyi. Start from the bottom to see Bobby (swimsuit boy).
    There's a lot to go through.

https://americasbestpics.com/user/DaniHunter?s=cl

16. scandinavian girl

scandinavian girl Well-Known Member

Thank you for your hard work this is a goldmine of info and should have it´s own thread somewhere imho.

17. TheHauntedOne

TheHauntedOne Member

Thank you so much, I just hope we get this boy identified. It is one of my main goals in life.