TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Sharon Derrick at 35.20

The Candyman Murders
Worth watching!
Wow! Crime scenes sure have changed:

1. Inmates from the jail were "hired" to dig up the bodies and who knows what..(Did they not think that this could result in potential evidence tampering???)
2. Press given unlimited access to Henley. Press arrives shortly after Henley calls the police and they're all intermingled with the police. Henley is pretty much giving his own press conference and confession all at once. (Shades of Henry Lee Lucas)

Given the potential for legal missteps, I'm glad that Henley and Brooks were able to direct LE to bodies and provide as much information as they could and that their cases were not tossed due to technicalities.

Didn't Othram have some news coming up about something? o_O Maybe this is it.

Hi! I'm from pasadena, I actually grew up in the mid 80s at 1805 Lillian, which is 2 blocks down and over from his lamar address. Has anyone looked into pasadena high school? I went to school all 4 years there, and we had a MCJROTC program, which was basically USMC for high school. I don't know how long pasadena high has had the program, but I know its been way before I went there, and I graduated in 1998. I saw people were looking for a possible USMC connection and didn't see this mentioned.

I did some digging, pasadena got its usmc program in 1971. Altho, as a former high school kid, peace signs weren't a big part of the military. However, given the political climate at the time with Vietnam and all, its a interesting time to implement a military program at a high school. Perhaps the shirt is a counter protest to that coming to the school?

The shirt letters stand are "L & H MFG" Heres a pic of exact patch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-233659~2.png
    Screenshot_20220202-233659~2.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 67
Hi! I'm from pasadena, I actually grew up in the mid 80s at 1805 Lillian, which is 2 blocks down and over from his lamar address. Has anyone looked into pasadena high school? I went to school all 4 years there, and we had a MCJROTC program, which was basically USMC for high school. I don't know how long pasadena high has had the program, but I know its been way before I went there, and I graduated in 1998. I saw people were looking for a possible USMC connection and didn't see this mentioned.
Welcome. :)

Do you know where these pictures originated from?

I found them on Google. Actually I found a pic of the patch on Google two years ago. Decided I needed to post it again so I looked on Google again for it and found the picture I posted above. I'll post link tho.

The shirt letters stand are "L & H MFG" Heres a pic of exact patch.
That same picture appears on a Facebook page about Swimsuit Boy and other victims. It's a public page, not a personal account, so I hope it's OK to link here?

That's probably where I saw it before. Fascinating that after so many years there is still unopened packages of those patches out there.

Thanks and I agree about the nose. I'm not entirely convinced this is the boy we're looking for either, but he is depicted in Yearbooks 1970, 71 and 72 and the location of his school cannot be ignored. Sharon Derrick has apparently stated she believes the boy might be named French due to the envelope (obviously) and the fact that "the only outstanding missing person's reports relating to youths from the Houston area between 1970 and 1973 which fit the forensic profile of the boy, hold the surnames Harmon or French". Has anyone come across or located these missing person's reports? I've been searching and can't find them anywhere.
Back in 1973 investigators had a collection of 42 missing person reports that they felt most likely could be victims of Dean Corll. I don't know what names were on it and if any of them turned out to be Corll victims. Years ago I contacted the HPD to see what names were listed as missing from the Heights from 1970 - 1973. I was told that I would have to know the names first because that is how they are filed.

I don't know of any victims who were students at Pasadena HS. But, I know that there was at least one who dodged being a victim. I think it is in the Pasadena Police file that mentioned Dean giving a ride to a student from that school. Dean kept calling this teenager at home until the student's dad told Dean to stop.

That same picture appears on a Facebook page about Swimsuit Boy and other victims. It's a public page, not a personal account, so I hope it's OK to link here?

Good chance that's my page (Lost Boys) and if so, please feel free to use any information from there, point of page is to be another tool for us to help these kids ❤️

Looking as close as I can at the shirt, I wonder if the lettering isn't L84MF (late for my funeral).

I used to believe this until the patch was found in it's original packaging, pictured above in this comment thread...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back