TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale UP4547, 15-19, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Mar 9, 2008.

1. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Thank you for looking into this case!!! This boy, and several others, deserve much more attention than they’ve gotten to date. I spent hours upon hours researching these cases and posted several links to that research. It might be beneficial to you. Let me know if I can help in any way!

2. onceuponadecember

onceuponadecember Well-Known Member

No problem. Also I can see a possible reason nobody has identified him too: he has two different faces. Idk which face is more accurate than the other. The hair in the LSU reconstruction seems very out of place for the 1970s.
    IMO

mzhammy, madamx and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  3. onceuponadecember

Another thing I found might be a good clue here. From the approximate weight range I came up with, I calculated his BMI. Doe might’ve been on the heavier side, his BMI ranged from 22-26

madamx, Triss, Snoods and 3 others like this.
  4. MadMcGoo

There are a dozen reasons why he hasn’t been identified. I don’t know if it makes me more sad or mad that he hasn’t. The cases of these boys (identified, unidentified, missing, and otherwise) are probably the saddest I’ve ever researched.
    That is interesting and unusual. Reminds me of a boy from Louisiana...which I’ll kick myself for not remembering his name.

I just know if he’d have been reported missing, he would have already been identified by now. Which makes this all the worse....I doubt several of them were ever reported as missing. :(

madamx, Snoods, nao and 1 other person like this.
  5. onceuponadecember

I wonder if this Doe was from out of state and staying with another relative maybe- like a grandparent or joint custody between parents? My mom's parents were divorced and she spent the summer with her mom and school year w/her dad.
    IMO

mzhammy, madamx, renee_ellis and 3 others like this.
  6. AkitasAreLovely

AkitasAreLovely Well-Known Member

That certainly would contribute to them slipping between the cracks of law enforcement. Considering they may have been murdered as early as the summer of 1971, whomever knew him in the area (such as a parent), could have moved before the bodies were discovered, or passed away before then too. The chance that they were a local boy whose parent(s) were still living in the area in August 1973 seems very unlikely.

7. Snoods

Snoods Flounciest Faux Former Member

All along I have been assuming our boy went missing in the summer because he was found with a swimsuit, but I think he was wearing the swimsuit as underwear. Why did I never snap that he was also found with a long sleeved khaki shirt, blue corduroy pants and cowboy boots. It doesn’t mention underwear being found with him. I’m betting he went missing in fall or winter.

He was found with belted “Catalina” swim trunks with vertical red, turquoise, gold, and dark blue stripes, with the letter “C” on the silver buckle (shown above) and a khaki-colored long sleeved t-shirt that tied in the front. The shirt had a large blue and white peace symbol and the letters “USMC”, and “L84MF” written underneath the peace symbol. He was also found with dark blue corduroys with a 32 inch waist and a 30 inch inseam, a knotted leather ankle bracelet, and brown leather cowboy boots that were 12 inches in length and had the word “NEOLITE” on the heel.

I always thought the boots with a swimsuit thing was weird. But, nobody in their right mind would wear corduroy pants, long sleeved shirt and boots during a Texas summer.

Have you seen this child? John Doe 1973

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    mzhammy, madamx, Anirtak and 5 others like this.
  8. Snoods

If you didn’t already use this information, his pant size is 32” waist and 30” inseam if that helps.

madamx, annemc2 and MadMcGoo like this.
  9. Snoods

Accomplice David Brooks has died in prison of COVID-19.

D63DB506-D172-4A3B-96B0-719B9F75F558.jpeg
    Mugshot after his arrest at 19 years old

11381CB4-2669-46B1-B910-483F65A7091A.jpeg
    Latest mugshot

David Brooks, 65, was assigned to the Polunsky Unit in Livingston when he was hospitalized May 12 with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. He tested positive for the virus at Hospital Galveston before he died May 28. He had multiple pre-existing conditions at the time of his death, according to TDCJ, but preliminary autopsy results indicate COVID-19 was a contributing factor.

He sure did keep tight lipped in prison, didn’t he? Never heard a peep from him, not always blabbing away like Henley. I guess the blabbing is a good thing, Henley sure did incriminate himself a whole lot.

Henchman of one of state’s most notorious serial killers dies of COVID-1

David Brooks, accomplice in Houston Mass Murders, dies of COVID-19

Friday Fan, madamx, faithx and 4 others like this.
  10. MadMcGoo

I think David Brooks took many secrets to his grave.

madamx, Otterly, faithx and 4 others like this.
  11. onceuponadecember

I feel like this murder was pre-Henley. Henley would’ve said something if he participated.

Friday Fan, mzhammy, madamx and 2 others like this.
  12. onceuponadecember

I did a little more research on dates of Corll, etc. for Swimsuit Boy. I think this Doe was murdered by Corll (possibly) and/or Brooks. This would place his death between September 1970 and December 1971 in my knowledge.
    IMO

Friday Fan, mzhammy, madamx and 4 others like this.
  13. onceuponadecember

I think Corll killed Swimsuit Boy most likely between August - December 1971.
    IMO

mzhammy, madamx, Bethan and 3 others like this.
  14. onceuponadecember

Sorry for being a burden to your alert/inbox system on Swimsuit Boy y'all, but I did a little more research. I found a wonderful diagram of the shed graveyard and our boy was buried in the back. I think that Doe was killed in the colder months from 1970 to 1971. Doe was clustered near a lot of the 1971 victims, so it appears he probably died then IMO. Doe appears to have also been found in a fetal position. I have a feeling that Doe might've met Corll and/or Brooks at the beach that day, considering the fact that he had a swimsuit on his remains. Maybe he was headed to or from the beach, who knows? I really am disappointed after hearing LE's choice to choose another way of identifying Doe, but we aren't in their shoes, though. :(

15. MadMcGoo

You are NOT a burden! Trust me. I, for one, am very much appreciative of any eyes that look upon this case. Your observations are great.

mzhammy, madamx, Bethan and 1 other person like this.
  16. onceuponadecember

Aw, thanks. As a teacher, I am constantly surveying for signs of abuse, neglect, etc. I make sure my kids aren't in danger.

17. MadMcGoo

You sound like a great teacher!! :)

I sincerely wish these kids had good teachers. Maybe they did, I don’t know. I just feel really bad for these boys.

mzhammy, madamx and onceuponadecember like this.
  18. onceuponadecember

Yeah, it’s hard to figure out which teachers cared and didn’t care. One of my best friends’ teacher lended her a coat when she didn’t have one, which inspired me to do the same for a girl in my class who didn’t have one (her parents were devastatingly poor).

mzhammy, madamx, Bethan and 3 others like this.
  19. Molly's Mom

Molly's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to see this thread is busy. My mom knew Elmer Wayne Henley, another Corll accomplice, and she knew Michael Baulch, a victim. She has told me the story over and over about Michael being at church one week and not there the next.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Friday Fan, mzhammy, Snoods and 9 others like this.
  20. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

That's got to be haunting for her.