TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale UP4547, 15-19, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Mar 9, 2008.

1. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

I'm guessing that the 'mild form of spina bifida' referred to is actually spina bifida occulta - it's basically a malformed thoracic or lumbar vertebra. 99.9% of the time, this condition is not discovered except accidentally, on x-ray for another condition. It generally produces absolutely no symptoms.

2. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

3. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

NamUs lists the UID's height at 5'4" (i.e., 64 inches). DoeNet lists him as between 5'2" and 5'7".

Faulkner is listed as 6'1". That's quite a discrepancy.

4. webrocket

webrocket New Member

wow. here is a new one for all those who put all faith in DNA.

I was looking at the DNA section of the UID and found this entry:

A second sample was sent on 4/05/2011 because the first sample may not have belonged to the remains.

makes you wonder how often that happens!

5. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

thanks to WS'rmysteriew for finding this info and sending it to me to post.

After nearly four decades, a team of Harris County forensic scientists has identified one of the last victims of Houston serial killer Dean Corll as Roy Eugene Bunton, a teenager missing since about 1971.

<snip>

He was one of only two still unidentified victims of the serial killer.

Now, it is the last unidentified teen who haunts Derrick. She is hoping for yet another relative to call about this boy whose body was discovered buried near Bunton's.

Clothing stands out
    He likely went missing in 1971 or 1972. Two possible candidates, old unsolved missing persons cases, remain open from that era. But their last names are so common - French and Harmon or Harman - that Derrick has been unable to find any relatives.

The unknown boy died still wearing distinctive striped swim trunks, red white and blue, and a tan shirt with a huge peace symbol. When examined under a microscope, the shirt reveals several tiny letters that might be LB4 MF or possibly LBHMF. Was this boy or an older brother a U.S. Marine?
    Derrick wonders if the letters might refer to the Third battalion of the 4th Marines, which saw action in its deployment to Vietnam. For now, he has only a case number: ML73-3356.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ades-another-serial-killer-victim-2336666.php

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

The 40th anniversary of the discovery of the remains is coming up, sparking a fresh effort to get the last known victim identified:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/40-years-after-Houston-serial-killings-one-4687678.php#photo-4962803

7. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

I noticed that someone named David Hesterlee was ruled out as being this UID. I am not very familiar with that name (I try to keep up to date about all the young men who went missing from 1972 to May 1983). Does anyone have more information about him? From what I have read, it sounds like he was surfing with Mark Bachelder and neither of them returned the night of September 22, 1974 but I can't find a photo of him or his vital statistics.

8. CarlK90245

I can't find any photos of him yet, but I see that he had brothers Tommy and Mark, in addition to another brother and sister whose names are not indicated. Tommy went to Robert E Lee High School, Class of 1969.

Since David Hesterlee was born in 1956, he must have been in the Class of 1974 or 1975.

Robert E. Lee High School (Houston) Class of 1975. Where have I heard that before???? LOL.

I don't see him among the Juniors in the RELHS 1971, 1972, or 1973 yearbooks

9. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Well-Known Member

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Here you go:

[​IMG]

11. Houston Mom

12. alllads

alllads Active Member

Some clearer images of the things he was wearing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The L84MF could easily be something like LBHMF, LB4 MF... It could stand for a regiment or something, maybe?

13. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

WOW HE AND PRINCESS DOE MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME CLASS :( Just got chills eek!!!!!!

14. zatanna

zatanna Member

This popped today with the picture they are showing at the reunion. I actually really like this idea, and I wish more LE would use targeted methods like this. It's not expensive or fancy but makes a lot of sense.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Can-a-high-school-reunion-solve-a-gruesome-Houston-mystery-219060061.html

That being said, the Corl case is really one of the most horrifying ones I have ever read about. I truly hope that both his and Gacy's unided victims all get names/sent home some day....

15. Houston Mom

Attached Files:

• SWBY.jpg
      SWBY.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
  16. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

17. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

The nose looks off (IMO), but I know sometimes things like noses, lips, shape of eyes, etc are not exact and the artist doing the reconstruction is just using their best judgement.

18. CarlK90245

I wouldn't rely on resemblance or lack thereof. This artist's reconstruction of Michael Baulch was off by a mile.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

20. alllads

alllads Active Member