TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale UP4547, 15-19, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Mar 9, 2008.

1. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Active Member

Re: that remains that are still apparently bured at High Island. I'm surprised no one has raised holy hell to get that area excavated, especially in light of Henley's testimony that bodies remain buried up there. O/T but this is one of the reasons I'm so glad I escaped Texas when I did, LE seems to have a problem with putting their egos above doing what's right down there, esp LE in the larger cities like Houston. They should be haunted by the ghosts of those boys who remain lost.

WyomingSkyAngel likes this.

2. Fede

Fede Well-Known Member

3. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

Snoods likes this.
  4. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

I know this all to well unfortunately. My town had a couple serial killers here since I was born. One was a trucker that came through and killed a few women and the other was more recent. Two skeletons were found behind a restaurant off a busy road we drove by a million times. Another victim (same killer) was found a few miles from my house off another road we frequented. I actually saw the prime suspect at Wal-Mart... Another time, this person is still missing (MWOB), her killer confessed to killing her and dumping her body in a Food Lion dumpster in my town...At the time we shopped there quite frequently... She could have been in the dumpster while we were there...

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Snoods likes this.
  5. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

It bothers me and breaks my heart to read some of the victims' parents, especially the ones of the younger boys, went to the police and nothing was done. If authorities had taken them seriously and investigated the reported disappearances, it may have prevented some of the subsequent murders.

Snoods likes this.
  6. JasonFutchLakeCityFL

JasonFutchLakeCityFL Well-Known Member

Sorry it took me a while to respond.

I mean ALL the victims, found before and after CODIS. I feel like that there is a small chance, but a chance that he could possibly be closely or distantly related to the ones found and identified. After all a pair of brothers were found among the dead.

But its just a thought. If there is a chance to get DNA from the relatives of each victim and compare it to the Swimsuit Boy's remains, I'm sure that would rule out any relations.

aThousandYearsWide and Snoods like this.
  7. SJP77

SJP77 New Member

Attached Files:

8. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

DDP pending case! “Awaiting extraction”!

9. JasonFutchLakeCityFL

JasonFutchLakeCityFL Well-Known Member

Where is the info coming from? Couldn’t find anything on DDP’s site or Facebook.

Snoods likes this.
  10. taramarie

John Doe 1973 UP4547

Attached Files:

Snoods and carbuff like this.
  11. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Whoa! That’s great news. Great catch, @taramarie. My guess is they want to run his DNA through a genealogy site for a possible familial hit.

I wonder if his parents are even still alive.

Sad to think that of Dean, David, and Elmer’s 28+ victims, only the parents of Stanton Dreymela, 13, are still alive. They went to Elmer’s parole hearing in January, 2018. I can’t imagine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stanton was his last victim. Just to remind you of the evil that is/was Elmer and Dean, Elmer said that Dean was getting more sadistic with each murder. Out of control. Elmer said Dean wore an apron with Stanton because of the blood spatter. Elmer happily watched.

Elmer never needs to get out of prison.

Something interesting I read, the daughter of the third accomplice/procurer, David Brooks, was killed in a car accident on the night of her prom.

Family of victim fights against serial killer up for parole

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  12. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Would you mind providing a direct clickable link to the site providing this latest update?I’m a sucky sleuth and I can’t/don’t know how to find it.

I’m really interested in keeping up with this latest development. Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  13. annemc2

annemc2 her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis

Oh Snoods puh-leeease! You are not a sucky sleuth!! Here's the DDP's FB page that mentions this victim:
    DNA Doe Project

14. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Hey thanks, you're the best!

Fine, I'm Websleuth's Okayest sleuth.
    :p

15. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I am near tears hearing this young man is in the DDP pipeline and may be identified soon.

16. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

This may be a dumb question, but what exactly does ‘awaiting extraction’ mean? I assumed it had something to do with acquiring a DNA sample, but they already have his DNA available.

17. taramarie

I’m not well-versed in the specifics of DNA science, so I’ll explain to the best of my understanding. Not a dumb question at all! While Swimsuit Boy does have a DNA sample available, the samples extracted for use in a LE database like CODIS are different than the samples used in genealogy databases. Basically, forensic samples are formatted to identify how an individual is different from other people, while the samples generated for genealogy purposes are formatted to identify how an individual is like other people. Once the sample is formatted for one of those uses, it is not able to be converted to the other format. Therefore, for DDP or another similar group to identify a victim through genealogical analysis, a new sample must be extracted, pass quality control, and be resequenced for their needs. If LE has additional DNA samples available that isn’t too badly degraded - great! If not, the victim may need to be exhumed to obtain a new sample.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  18. Snoods

Snoods Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you so much for the explanation.

WyomingSkyAngel and taramarie like this.
  19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Photo 28: Maleah Davis joins list of Houston's 56 missing children: See their faces, bring them home

• NCMEC: 1109009 - NCIC: U030020650 - NamUS: 4547
    [​IMG]
    John Doe 1973
    [​IMG]
      • Date Found
      • Aug 9, 1973
      • Location Found
      • Houston, TX
      • Estimated Age
      • 15-18
      • Sex
      • Male
      • Race
      • White
      • Hair Color
      • Brown
      • Eye Color
      • Unknown
      • Estimated Height
      • 5'2" to 5'7"
    Extra Photo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On August 9, 1973, the skeletal remains of an unidentified male were recovered in Houston, Texas. Based on the condition of the remains, the decedent was likely deceased for 12 months or more prior to recovery. The decedent was white, possibly with Hispanic admixture. He had brown hair approximately 7 inches in length (from the crown). He was found with belted “Catalina” swim trunks with vertical red, turquoise, gold, and dark blue stripes, with the letter “C” on the silver buckle (shown above) and a khaki-colored long sleeved t-shirt that tied in the front. The shirt had a large blue and white peace symbol and the letters “USMC”, and “L84MF” written underneath the peace symbol. He was also found with dark blue corduroys with a 32 inch waist and a 30 inch inseam, a knotted leather ankle bracelet, and brown leather cowboy boots that were 12 inches in length and had the word “NEOLITE” on the heel. Examination revealed that the boy had a mild form of spina bifida which may have caused him lower back pain or possibly affected his stride; however, it may not have produced any noticeable symptoms. John Houston Doe is the last known unidentified victim of Dean Arnold Corll, aka “The Candy Man”, who abducted and murdered at least 29 young males in the Houston area between 1970 and 1973. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what he may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, reference case number ML73-3356.

Have you seen this child? JOHN DOE 1973

Snoods likes this.
  20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Snoods and Gardener1850 like this.