Identified! TX - Houston, UID Female on bike, Oct'84 - ID'd Per Doe

Becareful with that link my virus scanner picked up a virus threat on it.

hi
Ok,Thankyou.I removed the link to be safe.

suzanne

doenetwork.us/cases/90uftx.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 90UFTX

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified White Female

Located on October 5, 1984 in Houston, Texas.
Cause of death was accidental injury due to a traffic accident.
The victim died on the same day she was injured.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20 - 25 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 142 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long dark blond hair in a ponytail measuring approximately 18" in length; gray eyes. Unpierced ears.
Dentals: Natural teeth present
Clothing: Blue gym shorts with white stripes on the sides; a sport-type bra; white panties; white socks; and blue Nike jogging shorts (size 5) .

Bicycle: Sears "Free Spirit" model- boys style- 10 speed bike serial# 5024722807761389.

Case History
The victim was killed after being struck by a vehicle while riding her bicycle on 300 Rankin Road in Houston, Texas on October 5, 1984. She was brought to Houston Northwest Medical Center.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Texas Department Of Public Safety
800-346-3243
Or
Harris County Medical Examiner
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
84-5791

NCIC Number:
U-584864309
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: Texas Department Of Public Safety
Harris County Medical Examiner

Oh, I'd love to know what's up with this one! This has been one of the many UID's that have stuck with me. I actually work right near Rankin Road and think of this girl often. Who was she???????

Yes, I'd like to know too maybe they got a hit with CODIS. Thats a pity some UIDs are id'd and there is no news article about it. Often it's not either it TXDPS's press releases.

Okay my fellow WS's, would one of you super sleuthers pleeeeeeez find out for me who they identified this girl as?!!!!! It is literally going to kill me if I don't find out!!! Do you think the ME's office would give this kind of info to a random caller such as myself? Heck, I'm tempted to drive down there & see if I get any info that way! Ugh, how frustrating that no one has posted this anywhere!!!

You can do it, KT! Give the ME's office a buzz and see if they'll tell ya! The worst that can happen is that they'll say no. (btw, it's so much easier for me to suggest that you call, b/c I'm a big :chicken: ) :crazy:

Now if that doesn't work, somebody could call/email one of the news stations. You know that at least channel 2 would be all over it like white on rice!

You're not the only one that's being driven completely crazy wondering who this woman is and what happened/how they solved the thing!!!

The Doenetwork is listing Bicycle Jane as identified. I wish I knew more about it - this case has been on my mind ever since I first read about it.

I'm very happy she's been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back