TX TX - Houston, Wht/HispFem 17-30, 95UFTX, upper & lower braces, clothes, shoes, watch, Nov'89

Det. Ruiz said there was a rule out on this match back in 2008

Would be nice if they tell you what method was used to rule her out
in 2008.

Sorry, I should have added that. It was family's DNA. But, there have been upgrades to the DNA submissions and he just wants to double check it and make sure they have the same results.

Hi

I want to make my first post here. With the interest going on in Linden Ca., it's brought up thoughts of my missing cousin Pamela, so I googles her name and found this website and a few others.

If I can share with you some of the days following her disappearance. I was in the 6th grade when she disappeared. Our family in was devastated, we had many long weekends going to my Uncle's house to do some family searches. There were many many crank call to my uncles house, leading us to believe that she was abducted. It was just someone on the line crying & whispering "I want to come home". We never found out if the calls were real. interactions with the police/detectives/investigators were really horrible compared to what we see today.

I dont remember the name of the person but there was one "person of interest" that was stationed at Castle AFB. I dont know what became of that part of the investigation.

We think about her daily, as our lives keep tredging forward. Many times I dream about her coming home and catching up with her.

I could go on rambling but it's hard as I reminisce, I turn into that young boy in 6th grade crying about her missing, worrying about her safety and wondering if we (I) will ever see her again.

To all of you who are actively searching and helping out not just the search for Pam, but everyone else who is missing; Thank You for everything you do.

-Rich P.

I was reading the Charley page for Jonelle Renee Matthews, and noticed that it says that she wore a full set of braces on her teeth.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/matthews_jonelle.html

This Jane Doe came to mind, and she does resemble Jonelle (the postmortem resembles her even more).
95uftx1.jpg
matthews_jonelle.jpg

I doubt that this is a match. The timeline is nearly 5 years. But it is an interesting enough possibility, that I figured I'd put it up here.

Wow, she does not look like she could be anywhere near 30. It's not just the braces, either. I would say that she looks between 13 and 21, but the people who make these estimated age ranges obviously know more than I do.

Something else that's interesting is this victim is one of three unidentified women found in Houston within a two-month radius in late 1989 and very early 1990.
POSTMORTEM PHOTOS AT BOTH NAMUS LINKS.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96uftx.html
724UFTX

All three women were Hispanic and they were around the same age when they were murdered. However, Houston is a big city with a large Hispanic population, so I doubt these are connected.

Bumping.

It's odd how this lady and one of the other ladies that I mentioned do not have listed causes of death despite being found very soon after death.

I was just browsing old resolved UID cases on Doe Network, and I found that another lady was found deceased in Houston the same exact day as this UID. The other UID was identified as being a lady named Cheryl Bowman.

Cheryl's remains were significantly decomposed upon discovery, so her death is likely not related to thread topic's case, considering that thread topic UID is believed to have died the same day that she was discovered.

However, my search for information about Cheryl lead me to a Reddit post that also pointed out that thread topic UID and Cheryl were located at the same time, prompting the original poster to wonder if they were the same person (most people agreed that they are not the same person, and honestly, I think it's pretty obvious that they aren't). Looking further in that thread, a user with a newspaper subscription was able to dig up and copy and paste what seems to be an old article talking about our UID.

The article gives us a cause / manner of death: it says that thread topic UID had been murdered via a gunshot wound to the side.

I will copy and paste a snippet of said article here:
"The body of an unidentified Hispanic woman, with a gunshot wound in her side, was found by passers-by at 2:30 a.m. Sunday on a street in northeast Houston. [...] [She had] braces on her upper and lower teeth. She was wearing blue jeans, a white fashion shirt and white Reebok tennis shoes."

Take this information at your own risk; I'm not sure that Reddit is a very reliable source, and since I don't have a subscription to the website in question, there is no way for me to view the contents of this article myself. Also, if it matters, the article and Doe Network / NamUS say that the shoes that the UID was wearing were "Aerobix-Traxx" and not Reeboks.

I remember now why I’m not a fan of Reddit.

Could this be Mary Opitz? 77DFFL - Mary Opitz
After studying the PM photos pretty hard, I don't feel like this is Mary. She's definitely got some similarities, but the nose is the main difference for me. JMO. But that was definitely a good find! Maybe someone with better experience comparing facial differences in photos could take a look. @CarlK90245 ?

After studying the PM photos pretty hard, I don't feel like this is Mary. She's definitely got some similarities, but the nose is the main difference for me. JMO. But that was definitely a good find! Maybe someone with better experience comparing facial differences in photos could take a look. @CarlK90245 ?
Thanks for taking a look! Yeah, I’m not particularly moved by the possibility, but she did come to mind when I saw the braces. And there are some differences in stats. I was hoping Mary had a picture showing her actual braces more clearly, but I couldn’t find one. They’d be good for comparing with the UID’s.

Another poster states this is Cheryl Bowman, her NAMUS page will not load for me today while other pages have:

Cheryl Bowman

I did report my post in the linked thread.

Anyone able to add anything?

jmho ymmv lrrr

Another poster states this is Cheryl Bowman, her NAMUS page will not load for me today while other pages have:

Cheryl Bowman

I did report my post in the linked thread.

Anyone able to add anything?

jmho ymmv lrrr

This thread is for 95uftx. Cheryl Bowman was 89uftx. Both found the same day in Harris County, TX.

95uftx on NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
and on DN: 95UFTX

89uftx on DN (scroll down - image attached)
Doe Network Identified

Attachments

• 89uftx Cheryl Bowman.JPG
    89uftx Cheryl Bowman.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 8
Wow, she does not look like she could be anywhere near 30. It's not just the braces, either. I would say that she looks between 13 and 21, but the people who make these estimated age ranges obviously know more than I do.

Something else that's interesting is this victim is one of three unidentified women found in Houston within a two-month radius in late 1989 and very early 1990.
POSTMORTEM PHOTOS AT BOTH NAMUS LINKS.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96uftx.html
724UFTX

All three women were Hispanic and they were around the same age when they were murdered. However, Houston is a big city with a large Hispanic population, so I doubt these are connected.
Yup. She’s definitely a teenager at least by how she looks. I would say 15-18. She looks like a high schooler.

Bumping for this poor girl.
Hope she gets her name back soon! Someone’s gotta know her!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back