Identified! TX - Houston, WhtFem 18-25, UP701 & WhtMale 20-30, UP703, in woods, Jan'81 - Dean & Tina Clouse

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by PonderingThings, Feb 1, 2006.

1. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences regarding your loved ones. I hope that their daughter is found.

2. Bremartin23

Bremartin23 New Member

Thank you. We are praying she survived and maybe ended up adopted by a loving family. I just hope cold case detectives will be able to find more answers. Unfortunately not a lot of detectives in 1981 took my grandmother seriously and when their car was found in Los Angel the cops told her there was a lot of dessert between Texas and California. So she pretty much got blown off by TX, CA, and FL police. We always were looking for them in Los Angeles where their car was found. Sad part is I was living in Ft. Hood, Tx in my early 20’s and they were buried in Harris County Cemetery in Houston all this time.

watcher9, MrsM, summergirl1 and 15 others like this.
  3. coco

coco Active Member

Hi there,
    Sorry I’m having difficulty following- are you saying the young couple that were attacked by the persons bio father who’s post you replied to, was your aunt and uncle and that they are also this particular Jane Doe and the male she was found with? Have I understood that correctly?

watcher9, MajorHoople and Triss like this.
  4. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. I sincerely hope you’re able to find your cousin.

watcher9, squish and renee_ellis like this.
  5. taramarie

If anyone wants more information on this case, @Bremartin23 created a Facebook page in an effort to find her missing cousin. “Where is Hollie Marie?” The details of this case and their infant are explained quite well on the page.

6. coco

coco Active Member

I just checked it out..this case is so sad but I also believe very solvable! So can anyone tell me where there 2 different cars belonging to this young couple - the one found in LA and the one returned to family members in Florida by some woman?

watcher9, renee_ellis and squish like this.
  7. Identifinders

Identifinders Member

Thank you, this page is ran by Identifinders. We're working on trying to get as much of a following as we can before we can make a case announcement. Please check out the page for more details on the story and feel free to like or share it.

8. ntt1

ntt1 Well-Known Member

Here are the details from the page:

Now 41 years old, Hollie Marie Clouse was about a year old when her parents were murdered in Texas in January 1981. She may have grown up in or around a religious community. If you have information on Hollie Marie, please visit Identifinders.com.

Hollie Marie Clouse was born on January 24, 1980 in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. When she was just a few months old, her parents Tina and Dean left Florida with her for Texas. Called 'Junior' by the family, Dean was offered a job doing cabinetry on homes being built in Texas.
    Their family in Florida, including Dean's mother and five siblings never saw them again.
    Hollie Marie was not found with Tina and Dean when their bodies were discovered in January 1981. Further details on her parents' deaths are withheld due to ongoing investigation. They remained a John and Jane Doe until they were identified in November 2021 using forensic genetic genealogy.
    The child, who was most likely given a whole new name, may have grown up in or around a religious community. Members called themselves by the titles "Brother" or "Sister" and may have been related to the Jesus People in Chicago.
    Several months after the murder, in the summer of 1981, someone calling herself "Sister Suzanne" returned Dean's car to his mother in Daytona, Florida. She told the family that the young couple was happy with their new religious community and wanted to be left alone. The family had no way of knowing that they were, in fact, already dead.
    AncestryDNA testing to help family members locate the child formerly known as Hollie Marie Clouse is being administered by Allison Peacock and Misty Gillis of Identifinders International.
    If you have information on this missing child, now 41 years old, please visit our website at Identifinders.com.

As an infant, Hollie Marie Clouse was last seen by her extended family in 1980 when she and her parents Tina and Dean Clouse left New Smyrna Beach, Florida for Texas. Called 'Junior' by the family, her father was offered a job doing cabinetry on homes being built in Texas.
    Their families in Florida never saw them again.
    Tina and Dean were discovered murdered in January 1981 and remained a John and Jane Doe until they were identified in November 2021 using forensic genetic genealogy. Hollie Marie was not found with them.
    The child was likely raised under a false, assumed name and may have grown up in or around a religious community. Members called themselves by the titles "Brother" or "Sister" and may have been related to the Jesus People in Chicago.
    Several months after the murder, in the summer of 1981, someone calling herself "Sister Suzanne" returned Dean's car to his mother in Daytona, Florida. She told the family that the young couple was happy with their new religious community and wanted to be left alone. The family had no way of knowing that they were, in fact, already dead.
    AncestryDNA testing to help family members locate the child formerly known as Hollie Marie Clouse is being administered by Identifinders International.
    Further details on her parents' deaths are withheld due to ongoing investigation.
    If you have information on this missing child, now 41 years old, please visit our website at Identifinders.com.

watcher9, Keane, momsof3 and 14 others like this.
  9. taramarie

Thanks so much for the clarification! And good work as usual!

10. Diavola

Diavola Well-Known Member

NamUs' are still up - is there going to be any announcements?

watcher9, Triss and renee_ellis like this.
  11. Hockeyfan158

Hockeyfan158 Well-Known Member

Can anyone link me the Facebook page i can’t find it.

Tabirey likes this.
  12. Tabirey

Tabirey Music Addict

13. Hockeyfan158

Hockeyfan158 Well-Known Member

Wait so are Tina and Dean the Harris county does?

14. taramarie

Yes but there hasn’t been an official announcement yet

15. ntt1

ntt1 Well-Known Member

16. Friday Fan

Friday Fan Who is San Antonio Jane Doe, "Cantu"? (1990)

Their pictures are also on this thread. Posted several months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  17. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wow, what a story! I’m hoping their killer(s) can be identified and they have answers as to what happened to Holly. Such a tragedy.

Rest peacefully now Dean and Tina.

18. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 1.28.15 PM.png
    [​IMG] Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 1.28.28 PM.png
    Rest in peace, Dean and Tina.

19. RubyJuno

RubyJuno Active Member

20. onceuponadecember

onceuponadecember Well-Known Member

I know this sounds crazy but what if the cult that Harold and Tina joined was like the People’s Temple per day? I know that PT took advantage of impoverished people and those in need, so perhaps that was the case here?

watcher9, momsof3 and Friday Fan like this.