Identified! TX - Houston, WhtFem 18-25, UP701 & WhtMale 20-30, UP703, in woods, Jan'81 - Dean and Tina Clouse

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/476uftx.html

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered along an unidentified male on January 12, 1981 in Harris County, Texas

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 24 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'7"
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; long brown hair with reddish tint worn in ponytail. Fingernails chewed down.

Case History
The victim was located on January 12, 1981.

Please note: There was another unidentified female, located in Grimes County, Texas in October 1981. Some of the stats are the same, therefore, you may see the same people being presented as possible matches on both threads. Please go the thread TX TX - Unidentified Female, 16-17, Died in 1976-1980, Found 1981 Grimes County, Texas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
to find information about the October 1981 Jane Doe.

[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][SIZE=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1404dfil.html[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jane Doe on left, April on right

April Rose Zane
Missing since April 18, 1976 from Frankfort, Will County, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark auburn hair; blue-grey/green eyes. She has a long back which makes her appear tall. April has freckles on her face.
* Marks, Scars: Scar on her right hip from appendectomy; scar on her right knee; scar on her chin.
* Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown flannel jacket.
* Dentals: Available
* Fingerprints: Available

Possible match?:
1. There is a resemblence between the sketch for Jane Doe and April.
2. Although its not stated Jane Doe's eyecolor is known so the assumption is that she died around January 1981. April disappeared in 1976 and it is possible she ran away.
2. Jane Doe is estimated to be 15-24. April disappeared in 1976 at the age of 16, in 1981 she would have been 21 years old - Match to age range.
3. Jane Doe had long, brown hair with a reddish tint. April had long, dark auburn hair - match
4. Jane Doe is estimated to be 5'4"-5'7", April is listed as 5'4"-5'6" - match
5. April was last seen in Illinois, Jane Doe was found in Texas. Could April have moved to Texas and lived there for almost 5 years?
6. There is very little information about Jane Doe. No mention of scars, etc. Has this information been released?
7. Jane Doe is listed as having brown eyes, April is listed as having blue-grey/green eyes. <<<THIS IS THE REASON I DON'T THINK ITS A MATCH even though other stats are very close.

[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][SIZE=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/981dfca.html[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jane Doe on left, Patricia on right

Patricia E. Gomez
Missing since December 26, 1979 from Belvedere, Marin County, California.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: August 26, 1956
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 100 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; multicolor hair.
* Clothing: Last seen wearing a long-sleeved red velour blouse, green corduroy pants or jeans, red knee socks and sandals.
* Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gomez was last seen in Belvedere, California on December 26, 1979.

Possible match?:
Absolutely everything about this missing person is vague. She disappeared 1 year before Jane Doe was found. She fits into the age/height/weight stats and has a passing resemblence to the sketch.

She was reported missing in California but could have travelled to Texas in the intervening year.

There is no mention of a red tint to her hair... well maybe there is:
The Department of Justice (source document for the Doe Network) lists her as having brown hair and multicolor eyes. The Doe Network has her as having Multicolor hair and brown eyes :confused: was this a transcription error or did the Doe Network correct an error on the Department of Justice page. Also, there is two NCIC numbers for her on the Doe Network page.... did she disappear with someone and its not mentioned, or do both numbers refer to her?

Maybe she had hazel eyes which can very often look green or brown depending, my sis has them and that is the case w/ her. Hazel also encompasses many different shades.

Since the DoeNet links are all bad on the previous posts, here they are again.

The Doe Network:
Case Files 476UFTX and 753UMTX

Unidentified White Female and Unidentified White/Hispanic Male

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/476uftx.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/753umtx.html

476UFTX.jpg
753UMTX.jpg

* The victims were discovered on January 12, 1981 in Harris County, Texas
* Estimated Date of Death: 1-6 weeks

Vital Statistics (Female)

* Estimated age: 15 - 24 (most likely 15-18) years old
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; 18" long brown hair with reddish tint worn in ponytail. Fingernails chewed down. Right ear pierced.
* Clothing: Light green gym shorts.
* Dentals: Available Several silver fillings in molars. Restorations, gap between upper front teeth, wisdom teeth partially erupted.
* DNA: Available.

Vital Statistics (Male)

* Estimated age: 16 - 28 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'8"; 125 lbs. - 145 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: 6" wavy brown hair, prominent eyebrows.
* Dentals: Available. Restorations. Missing two wisdom teeth. One silver filling in molar (30). Upper wisdom teeth did not form or were extracted.

Case History
The victims were located in a wooded area near 13500 Wallisville Road on January 12, 1981.

Other than the hairline, yes. In looking at those sketches, the two faces are so similar, nose, eyes, chin even short forehead, it looks like they are brother and sister. Either that or the artist took a lot of license with them. Don't you think they look similar to one another.

I do think a DNA comparison between the Does would be useful - if only to see whether the resemblance is down to the artist's skills (or lack thereof) or whether there is a familial connection.

Carl - there's not a whole lot to go on and that hairline doesn't strike me as likely to show up on anyone but there's no reason to rule Karen out other than a four-year delay. She had a history of running away and abuse would be a good reason for either a voluntary disappearance or a homicide.

At what age were people of Karen's generation given SSNs? Would there really be any paper trail had she run away at 14 and successfully remained untraced until 18? After 4 years she'd have gotten so used to working in the gray/black economy, under the radar, it seems unlikely that she'd have suddenly wanted or needed to get a huge paper trail before her 19th birthday.

4 years and 1,300 miles make it a heck of a long shot but I see nothing to exclude unless there is positive evidence for foul play, rather than just the absence of a sketchy police report together with the presence of an abusive home life.

At what age were people of Karen's generation given SSNs?

I was born the same year as Karen, and was issued a SSN when I was a baby. My parents ordered SSN's for my four older siblings at the same time, as our numbers are almost sequential. I would guess that SSN's are normally issued for most people in early childhood.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/berry_phyllis.html

Phyllis Eleanor Berry was last seen with some guy on a motorcycle at a World Championship Chili Cook off in Terlingua, TX, in Nov. of 75.

Phyllis fits the height (it doesn't give weight) but she weighed 110, brown hair, hazel eyes. There's no size given on the clothes here either, but she'd be pretty thin at 5'4" 110 lbs. She'd be on the high end of the age in 1980, when they estimate DOD, she'd have been 26. She has a gap between her front teeth.

Could the John Doe be whomever she took off with on the bike?

Is there more to this story out there somewhere that I'm not seeing somewhere, like Cause of Death, etc.?

Yes, I agree the two people look like they could be brother and sister.

I've known people with hairlines that low. It's uncommon, but not impossible. They were both of Portuguese ancestry, though that might be a coincidence.

There are at least three pairs of UIDs that are described as looking like brother and sister: these two, the CA teenagers, and the slightly older couple in (Georgia?) in 1976. Seems odd...since there aren't that many couples in the first place.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Here is the location of where they found according to the Namus gps coordinates. Also on these Doe's Namus info, they're estimated to have been deceased only one week prior to being found.

Lots of questions about this case, like why were they both without clothing. The green gym shorts are mentioned as the only clothing nearby.
Could they have been stripped because they were wearing some sort of gang colors or uniform? What was the cause of death? Could it have been a suicide? Were they killed there or somewhere else? How'd they get there? Tire tracks, bike tracks? Weird there is so little info posted on them, even on the Namus sites it just says found in a wooded area. That's it.

https://identifyus.org/cases/701

https://identifyus.org/cases/703

Just throwing out another possibility, Alma Violet Root, went missing January 1980, from CA, a year before this doe was found.
Hair color, eyes, height and age all match. She also has a shorter-type forehead, and she has an obvious gap in between her two front teeth. She had a history of being a runaway as well as a hitchhiker.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/root_alma.html

3462pf8.jpg

Alma Violet Root is an interesting possibility. I'm thinking she's probably not a match though for two reasons:

1. Her boyfriend's behavior at the time was suspicious;
2. He was subsequently convicted of child molestation (although given that he was 25 and she was 14, even in those days maybe that wouldn't have been so surprising);
3. Violet had a blue heart tattoo on one of her breasts. This is distinctive enough to mention and probably would have been visible one week postmortem in January.

It's not a rule out though but I'd say it's a long shot.

Alma Violet Root is an interesting possibility. I'm thinking she's probably not a match though for two reasons:

1. Her boyfriend's behavior at the time was suspicious;
2. He was subsequently convicted of child molestation (although given that he was 25 and she was 14, even in those days maybe that wouldn't have been so surprising);
3. Violet had a blue heart tattoo on one of her breasts. This is distinctive enough to mention and probably would have been visible one week postmortem in January.

It's not a rule out though but I'd say it's a long shot.

Yeah, I have the same reservations about her as far as the boyfriend thing goes. Namus says 1 week, Doe Network says 1 to 6 weeks, so it does make me wonder about whether or not the tattoo would still be visible if it was on the long side. It's interesting to me that this case has been around, unsolved for as long as it has, some 29 years, and there's very little info out there about it and now quite a difference between ages and date of death between the Doe Network and Namus.

After 29 years, you'd think they'd have rule outs listed, etc. I don't see any, am I missing them? Anyone know of any?

Namus says death probably one week prior, however, it says this also:

Body condition
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Does that make sense? (Animal damage?) And if that's so, how do they know if an ear was pierced? Does that show up in a skeleton? I'm confused. (And if was just skeletal parts they wouldn't have been able to see a tattoo either, as Alma Violet had.

I know the reconstruction is likely not the most accurate since it is an illustration and according to Namus, the body condition was not recognizable, but the Jane Doe's facial shape and mouth remind me of Wanda Priddy.

I am a bit confused since Namus lists Wanda as last known to be alive on January 29, 1978, but I guess they might question the husband's account that he last saw her on August 29, 1978.

Comparison (Jane Doe on left, Wanda Priddy on right):
476UFTX.jpg
priddy_wanda.jpg

Comparison of details:
  • Over two years between husband's date of last sighting and Jane Doe's discovery.
  • Around three years between Namus' date of last sighting and Jane Doe's discovery
  • Both have brown eyes and long brown hair
  • Wanda is 5 feet 4 inches, Jane Doe is estimated to be 5 feet 4 inches to 5 feet 7 inches.
  • Wanda's two front teeth turn in to one another. Jane Doe had a gap between her teeth. Can two teeth turning into one another also be described as gap? I cannot tell from either photo since both have their mouths closed.
  • Wanda would be 22 (nearly 23) at the time Jane Doe is estimated to have died/was found. Jane Doe is estimated to be "15 - 24 (most likely 15-18) years old."
  • Port Lavaca, TX (where Wanda was last seen) to 13500 Wallisville Road, Houston, TX (where Jane Doe was found) is a little under 150 miles apart. Google Maps

Jane Doe
* The victims were discovered on January 12, 1981 in Harris County, Texas
* Estimated Date of Death: 1-6 weeks

Vital Statistics (Female)

* Estimated age: 15 - 24 (most likely 15-18) years old
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; 18" long brown hair with reddish tint worn in ponytail. Fingernails chewed down. Right ear pierced.
* Clothing: Light green gym shorts.
* Dentals: Available Several silver fillings in molars. Restorations, gap between upper front teeth, wisdom teeth partially erupted.
* DNA: Available.

Wanda Lee Ann Priddy
The Doe Network: Case File 115DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/115dftx.html

Wanda Lee Ann Priddy
Missing since August 29, 1978 from Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
&#8226;Date Of Birth: January 21, 1958
&#8226;Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
&#8226;Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 90 pounds
&#8226;Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
&#8226;Marks, Scars: She has scars on the chin, above one eye, and on top of the head.
&#8226;Clothing: She was last seen wearing a multicolored halter top, blue jeans, and brown shoes.
&#8226;AKA: Wanda Lee Ann Lundin, Wanda Lee Ann Miller
&#8226;Dentals: Two front teeth turn in toward each other.
&#8226;DNA: Available in CODIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Priddy was reportedly last seen by her husband at their residence in Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, TX on August 29, 1978. Her personal belongings, including her purse and car keys, were still at the residence. Circumstances of this case indicate that foul play is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back