Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spindlebrook

Spindlebrook Well-Known Member

The main resemblance to me was the dimples. They are so noticeable and distinctive.

2. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

Especially since she wrote the letter to her family saying she wasn't going to come back. :(

3. deadfoot13

deadfoot13 Well-Known Member

It still happens today -- education is compulsory up to a certain age, and failure to ensure your child receives an education is considered educational neglect. The kids I see placed under ed neglect typically have other JD behaviors or issues in the home, but it can and does happen for ed neglect alone.

4. Diavola

Diavola Well-Known Member

Rest in peace, Sherri

I have to say I'm really surprised how different she looks from the post mortem pictures, but I'm happy to have them replaced in my mind.
    Hopefully someone she met out there remembers her and is able to provide some information.

This is so bittersweet - I can't help but also thinnk of all the girls that were thought to be her and who still remain missing.

5. Nell91

Nell91 Well-Known Member

The Rebekah home, Cathy/Kathleen, Texas yearbooks.. we were miles away, physically and otherwise. But I hope Sherri's siblings and other family members can take some comfort in the hours we spent trying to give her her name back, and how loved she was by us all.

6. Friday Fan

Friday Fan Who is San Antonio Jane Doe, "Cantu"? (1990)

Sherri's eyelids have "folds"...
    Although not common in Caucasians, they also are not rare. (An example is Greta Thunberg, young climate activist)
    This is something that would not be obvious in a post-mortem photo.

7. Mbt

Mbt Active Member

The family wrote: "Sherri never returned to our home as promised in a letter...". Actually, it's unclear whether he meant she promised to come home or she promised to never come home. I'm inclined to believe she promised to come home because that interpretation is more in keeping with the tone of the text and because "promise" has a positive connotation.
    Not that this would affect the investigation...

Keane, Ajaygee11, annemc2 and 15 others like this.
  8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

may i offer my sincere thanks and congratulations for you work? I am continually amazed by it. Thank you.

KathiK, Craelius, Al Ka and 11 others like this.
  9. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

Do you mean hooded lids, or something else? I don't think Sherri's lids look hooded. JMO. I'm mixed white/Asian and have hooded lids FWIW.

Oh, you might be right. I might've misread it.

squish likes this.
  10. Cupofcare

Cupofcare Member

Oh my goodness this is wonderful news! She had such a beautiful smile and her eyes were warm and full of life not cold and empty❤️ She seems like she was an absolute light I can't believe someone chose to take away that light...what is wrong with some people.

11. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

She was beautiful and looked like she would brighten up a room.
    You were right all along,she was just a baby. X

12. worldwatcher

worldwatcher Well-Known Member

Wow! She is so beautiful!
    Have been holding back,on this thread, --long time lurker, though!
    My deepest condolences to her family,friends and all left behind.
    I do hope you can grieve in peace,and also hope ,with that,that justice and all unanswered questions will prevail.

13. Friday Fan

Friday Fan Who is San Antonio Jane Doe, "Cantu"? (1990)

There are subtle variations throughout northern Europe.
    I don't know all the techie terms for eyelids.

Her eyes are just a bit different than the average northern European and would have been hard to be picked up in a post-mortem photo. (For obvious reasons)

14. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

I agree,for us in the UK we used to have national insurance cards at 16 (I used to use my Mum's to buy cigarettes :oops:) but now they dont even issue them anymore. I think 13
    /14 years olds would be identified by their tech these days if they still had it on them which isn't guaranteed.
    The big difference now would be the Internet and 24 hour news at your fingertips, and national police databases and even then there are many lost,and many found but still unknown :(

15. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Yeah, her postmortem, she looked so young to me.
    I can't even imagine being a family member and having to look at that and read the details about what was done to her.
    Let's identify the miscreant that did this to her.

Amateur opinion and speculation

16. Nell91

Nell91 Well-Known Member

I accidentally came across a photo of Sherri's mother and the resemblance is uncanny. I can't believe I'm using her name after 10 or so years of calling her WCJD. It still doesn't feel real

17. christyleigh333

christyleigh333 Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Idk how the Ellis prison unit factors in but when she ran away she probably just started hitchhiking and eventually made her way down there. She may have gotten a ride at some point from some guy that was older and from Texas so he knew about Ellis (he may have been in there at one point) and she sorta started to have a crush on him...he may have told her stories about how he was in prison and he was just a bad boy but he ended up dumping her off somewhere and she was forced to get another ride. After hearing about Huntsville and the prison unit maybe she thought that she could just go there and meet someone else (I’m sure she didn’t know the rules of visitation) so she ended up getting off in Huntsville and the ride she was with probably went to Houston.

Well after asking people for directions to Ellis she knew that she would have to find a ride there because it’s at least 10 miles from where she was located (I used to work there so that’s about an estimate based on her location). She was at a truck stop so she probably asked if any of them were going that way and the one that volunteered to bring her knew that she was his next victim. She got in the truck and her fate was sealed. This was not his first time and probably wasn’t his last. He had no plans to bring her anywhere near Ellis because it’s totally the opposite direction from where she was found (she was found on the side of the highway that goes to Houston.

I know I’m not right but somewhere along the line it makes sense somewhere in there

Hockeyfan158, LRMOM and Friday Fan like this.
  18. othram

othram Verified Owner of Othram Inc/DNA Expert

We appreciate the support. Lots more cases to come, but we recognize that this case was especially important to so many of you.

Anirtak, Traymar, EllieFox and 33 others like this.
  19. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

I completely agree! I mean taking her away from her family seems very harsh. I mean she could have lied to her family about going to school. If she was a latchkey kid or her parents both had fulltime jobs that would be easy. She could have told them she took the bus to school everyday but instead just stayed home.

pukasonqo2, wary, lea_uk and 2 others like this.
  20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

In principal, unless a child is being abused, I am very much opposed to removing them from the home for being "incorrigible'. However, we don't know the exact circumstances that led up to this action, so it's really not fair for us to judge it. It's all a moot point given her horrific demise.

Now the focus is on finding her killer!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.