Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #5 - Sherri Ann Jarvis

Have there been any updates on Sherri's case? I looked around a bit online, but did not find anything.
I haven't been able to find anything new apart from a few summaries and retellings of all the events that transpired. The typical she was at the Gulf station and Hitchin post, asked for directions to the prison, claimed to be 19, so on. There's also the occasional minor fact that you may or may not have known beforehand like the fact that an open casket funeral was done.

I saw an episode on the ID channel the other day that reminded me of Sherri. It’s a blessing that she’s been identified and now I really hope her killer can be identified too! She was just a baby who suffered an unthinkable death. She deserves justice.

BBBAF072-9525-4AC2-BDEE-71E13E89338F.jpeg

I saw an episode on the ID channel the other day that reminded me of Sherri. It’s a blessing that she’s been identified and now I really hope her killer can be identified too! She was just a baby who suffered an unthinkable death. She deserves justice.

View attachment 365244
What was it?

It's been a year or so-ish since the ID and I am well aware of the difficulty associated with all this but it is admittedly difficult to be patient. I on a recurring basis have been looking up search terms associated with Jarvis to see if anything, ANYTHING shows up on the news. There hasn't been that much news since, of course. I also some times google random questions associated with the case to see if there's established answers and I either get: no results, or an explicit no. And of course, the anger associated with the fact that the (s) who did this are, dead or alive, existing with the world not knowing the hideous thing he/she did. I believe the person could eventually be ID'd but, of course, it's difficult to be patient.

It's been a year or so-ish since the ID and I am well aware of the difficulty associated with all this but it is admittedly difficult to be patient. I on a recurring basis have been looking up search terms associated with Jarvis to see if anything, ANYTHING shows up on the news. There hasn't been that much news since, of course. I also some times google random questions associated with the case to see if there's established answers and I either get: no results, or an explicit no. And of course, the anger associated with the fact that the (s) who did this are, dead or alive, existing with the world not knowing the hideous thing he/she did. I believe the person could eventually be ID'd but, of course, it's difficult to be patient.
That reminds me- LE tested Jarvis's shoes for DNA, but they never released the results. Hopefully they caught someone else's DNA and is now being processed.

That reminds me- LE tested Jarvis's shoes for DNA, but they never released the results. Hopefully they caught someone else's DNA and is now being processed.
I hope that they didn’t “accidentally” sterilize the shoes much like how they “accidentally” lost the necklace. I’d be incandescent with rage if my mild suspicions of foul play in the investigation due to the perp actually being in LE turned out to be true. Or at least painfully obvious but not 100% confirmed like with the LISK.

I hope that they didn’t “accidentally” sterilize the shoes much like how they “accidentally” lost the necklace. I’d be incandescent with rage if my mild suspicions of foul play in the investigation due to the perp actually being in LE turned out to be true. Or at least painfully obvious but not 100% confirmed like with the LISK.
You just have to wonder at a certain point...IMO.

Ive heard multiple people say that there was an americas most wanted episode featuring this case and it had an interview with the diner waitress or whoever it was that doubted she was 19 and they were trying super hard not to choke up. Anyone know where I can find it?

Murdered 42 years ago...

Sherri Ann “Tati” Jarvis
Memorial photo 240146464
Memorial photo 240220529
Larger memorial image loading...

Sherri Ann “Tati” Jarvis​

BIRTH 9 March 1966
DEATH 1 Nov 1980 (aged 14)
Huntsville, Walker County, Texas, USA
BURIAL
Oakwood Cemetery
Huntsville, Walker County, Texas

Sherri Jarvis from Forest Lake, MN, was found deceased from a brutal assault on the morning of November 1, 1980 in Huntsville, Texas. Despite extensive investigation she remained known as a Jane Doe until November 2021 when forensic genealogy helped identify her.

Sherri had been placed temporarily at a shelter in Stillwater, MN, while awaiting appearance before the juvenile court for habitual truancy. In March 1980, she ran away from the Washington County Courthouse in Stillwater, where she was supposed to appear for a detention hearing.
She apparently ran off to Green Bay, WI, with two local sisters. The sisters then returned but Sherri refused to come back home and was never seen again.

Family statement: "Sherri Ann Jarvis was a daughter, sister, cousin and granddaughter. She loved children, animals and horseback riding."

If you have any information about the brutal murder of Sherri Ann Jarvis, please contact: Walker County Sheriff's Office: 936-435-2400

LINK:

My stepfather was a truckdriver, and we had a CB radio in the finished basement of our home. It was a pretty common thing for people to own in the 70s/80s, both in homes and vehicles, prior to cellphones. My father had one too, and he was not a trucker, or anything remotely close.

Anyway, like FridayFan, my friends, sisters, etc and I used to sneak on. Mostly we would "sandbag", but we would also do the CB radio equivalent of prank calls. I'm wondering now if Sherry could have befriended a trucker--or someone else--via CB while she was still in Minnesota? It could have functioned a bit like young girls meeting people online and running away today.
Her parents believe that she left with a couple peer aged friends and went to Green Bay, WI, first. When the friends told her they were going home, she said she wasn't returning and walked away. The friends returned without her.

The next definite thing we know about her is that she mails her mom a letter from Denver saying they won't see her again till she's 18 or 21. That's in August. She's killed in TX a couple months later.

Her parents believe that she left with a couple peer aged friends and went to Green Bay, WI, first. When the friends told her they were going home, she said she wasn't returning and walked away. The friends returned without her.

The next definite thing we know about her is that she mails her mom a letter from Denver saying they won't see her again till she's 18 or 21. That's in August. She's killed in TX a couple months later.
Right, I've heard this as well now. This was an old comment, when people were discussing ways Sherri may have connected with people in other locations--i.e. how such a young girl might come to know someone in a prison, how she might end up traveling such a distance, that type of thing. One possibility among many. We can be reasonably certain she was not driving herself around after separating from the original group of young friends.

Right, I've heard this as well now. This was an old comment, when people were discussing ways Sherri may have connected with people in other locations--i.e. how such a young girl might come to know someone in a prison, how she might end up traveling such a distance, that type of thing. One possibility among many. We can be reasonably certain she was not driving herself around after separating from the original group of young friends.
Has there ever been any established or widely agreed upon account of what all she was doing during the rough 7 months she was M.I.A.? I've heard multiple speculations ranging from simple sightseeing of things like ranches because she liked horses, to a few rather upsetting and unfortunate speculations (i think you can guess).

And of course the varied speculations of shelter methods such as temporarily staying in trucks on a perennial basis and living temporarily with elderly couples

Has there ever been any established or widely agreed upon account of what all she was doing during the rough 7 months she was M.I.A.? I've heard multiple speculations ranging from simple sightseeing of things like ranches because she liked horses, to a few rather upsetting and unfortunate speculations (i think you can guess).

And of course the varied speculations of shelter methods such as temporarily staying in trucks on a perennial basis and living temporarily with elderly couples
Good question.

The last updates I remember seeing were a bit vague, especially pertaining to the time period when the letter was sent to her mom, and a photo from the same time. If I recall correctly, she was said to be dressed as if she was going out/looked older? My impression was everything was being held close to the vest, possibly due to leads? Maybe others have more info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back