Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daisy6441

daisy6441 Well-Known Member

I was looking through a Rockport fb page and I was wondering if WCJD said she was from that area because she had been vacationing there that summer. Its not uncommon for families to have beach houses. I have seen a couple different names thrown out by locals as possible identities. I know they have been mentioned here but I haven't seen that anything came of it. If she was just a summer resident it would explain why she wasn't known to any of the schools or known around the community. Her reason for lying could be that she feared her parents/guardians had reported her as a runaway and that people would be looking for her.

sunnynz, cherrymeg and Finders like this.
  2. Vital Forces

Vital Forces Active Member

Why did she give the duel answer of being from Aransas Pass or Rockport?

The ambiguous answer suggests that it was a decoy, especially when combined with her claim to be years older than she was.

Were those places chosen at random? Or perhaps they quickly came to mind because that's where the people who gave her a ride said they were from?

AmonAmarther and folieadeuxnola like this.
  3. daisy6441

They are next to each other with a couple small communities between them. They would be the bigger places that people would recognize.

Vital Forces likes this.
  4. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola 70's-80's Jane Doe's

I managed subcontracts for our Harbor Island TX site it is on the road that goes to the ferry. Many people came from around the country, Texas and ajoining states to work there. Majority would stay in motels or campers etc.. I once stayed in one of the only motels around can't remember the name it was off the main highway it was family owned and had a BBQ place. This was in the late 90's. any who she could have been staying there temporarily while her parents, caretaker or guardian worked. In all it is a thought ...

Alleykins and daisy6441 like this.
  5. daisy6441

Its possible she was living with a boyfriend or husband who was working down there. My dad is a welder and we stayed down in Corpus for a while when I was about a year old. When the job was done we went back home.

folieadeuxnola likes this.
  6. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola 70's-80's Jane Doe's

Exactly ..... "follow the work" its very common I think we opened the yard in 77 or 78 joint with Brown & Root (KBR) well before my time we sold it in 2014. In all its possible she could have been from somewhere else staying with family or a love interest while they were working in the area.

Many people that worked in the yard stayed in motels, camper parks or acquired apartments. It was more of a desolate area with industrial yards back in the late 70's from what I was told by the old timers.

daisy6441 likes this.
  7. SoulfulSerenade

SoulfulSerenade Member

8. daisy6441

The list of excluded persons I found names: Joyce Brewer, Kimberly Doss, Angela Meeker, Karen Zendrosky, Mary Trlica, Deborah McCall, Wendy Eaton, Marie Blee, Maria Anjiras, Kirsty Booth, Cindy King, Rachael Garden, Tina Kemp, Lauren Garden, Laureen Rahn, Roxanne Eastland, and Carla Corley.

margarita25 and rosesfromangels like this.
  9. Nancy Drew RN

Nancy Drew RN Well-Known Member

She is not formally listed as an exclusion in NamUs, but Stephen Epperly was convicted of her first degree murder in Virginia, although her body was never found. Considerable blood was found, so my suspicion is that she is somewhere near Virginia, not our girl in Texas.
    Gina Renee Hall – The Charley Project

folieadeuxnola and daisy6441 like this.
  10. Paul B.

Paul B. Former Member

Sending love to Our Girl. We'll give you back your name someday, WCJD.

11. daisy6441

What would it take to get her DNA put in GEDmatch?

12. Paul B.

Paul B. Former Member

it's reading about cases like Our Girl that reminds me that serials killers in real life are not the same as serial killers in tv/movies. Real SKs don't stage elaborate scenes with tons of forensic evidence that will lead the police right to them and are much more likely to just strangle or throat-slit the victim and leave them in the woods or by the side of an Interstate.

13. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

From what I gathered from DDP, they will take on a case if asked by the investigators of that case and get the funding for it.
    I can't remember, has someone put a bug in the ear of the investigators on WCJD's about DDP?

Suglo likes this.
  14. daisy6441

I found old news footage from 1979 where they went into Rebekah Home for Girls. It appears all the girls had to wear skirts or dresses. I think the red uniforms that had been mentioned before were just for the choir girls that traveled around. From what I have read about this place and New Bethany School for Girls (Louisiana) it sounds like they would hunt down girls who escaped. There was a report from New Bethany that a girl was found by a couple and people from the school stopped them and took the girl from their car.
    I believe WCJD was said to have been wearing jeans. It seems like the strictness of this place would have forbidden her from wearing pants and they likely would have been taken if she did have them.

cherrymeg likes this.
  15. Paul B.

Paul B. Former Member

what shade of brown was WCJD's hair?
    Dark brown like this?:
    [​IMG]

daisy6441 likes this.
  16. daisy6441

Her hair looks dark in the black and white pictures but according to Carl the color pictures show lighter brown.

CarlK90245 likes this.
  17. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

Could she have had a friend or relative that lived there at some point? If you lie about where you are from it's usually a place you can easily remember. Even if you never were there yourself. Whether you are a teenage runaway, trying to prevent a creeper at a bar from finding you on facebook or trying to ditch a stalker, you might pick a place that isn't connected to you directly. I wonder if she had an accent.
    Would the prison be a landmark or a place to meet someone? Is it near anything else. If she was hitchhiking could that have just been a point of reference on where she was going? Do you know what was needed to visit an inmate as far as ID or if there were certain visiting hours? Sorry if that's already been asked.

18. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Her shade of light brown was pretty much like I have it in my most recent version of my reconstruction (shown in my avatar). My earlier versions, and NCMEC's most recent reconstruction show too much of a reddish tint, IMO

sunnynz, Jake479, daisy6441 and 3 others like this.
  19. TmmEye

TmmEye “No, she’s a hair hopper; that’s what SHE is.”

Carl,

Not to be critical, but your current reconstruction shows light brown hair. WCJD had a certain shade brown hair, like the 2015 NCMEC reconstruction.

20. i'm someone

i'm someone nope, forever a new member, moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.