TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe' WhtFem 91UFTX, 14-16, Nov'80 *GRAPHIC* #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Jdart14

Jdart14 Well-Known Member

I am not sure, but I passed the information along to Carl K. I know that he keeps in direct contact with det. Bean. and I didn't want to duplicate any information in case carl already had ahold of it.

2. Bit of hope

Bit of hope It's time for brighter colors....

Great steps! Fingers crossed.

3. TmmEye

TmmEye Well-Known Member

2ED0B18B-0AEB-4ADA-938E-A2BF3DE0DD3E.jpeg 032C1057-80D3-4BAA-A48F-22088022087C.jpeg

This is going to make a great set of news for EVERYONE! Although Ms. Rodermund was likely NOT WCJD, we believe Angie Roca, (correct me if I typed her name wrong.) We compared the melanin sample of both women and their AB samples. Both were a match. If this is positive, we are very proud of this!

4. Bit of hope

Bit of hope It's time for brighter colors....

I'm afraid I do not follow you. Who are 'we' and how would you have obtained a sample from Angie Roca, who isn't even in the "system" as a missing person. Explain the process please.

5. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

Uhm.. weren't you positively "identifying" MLR as WCJD and getting LE involved for comfirmation of that ID like five minutes ago? And what are your "samples"? Are they these pictures in this thread? Sorry, but for me this just screams junk science. I'll just wait for LE to update the case.

6. Jdart14

We all have the same goal in mind want to get there really bad. I don’t think that any time spent is time wasted. We all have our opinions I’m not 100% sold on this particular method. But it’s not intended to identify a person. It’s more to narrow the search. Let’s keep that in mind. And give eachother some support lol. Happy Saturday everyone.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

I agree to a certain point, but WS is also supposed to be fact-based. Even say so in ToS. Posting a theory is one thing, but do not make it out to be facts, especially when making such a claim.

8. Jdart14

I Don’t disagree with that part at all. There is a reason those rules are in place. I personally don’t know that it’s any of our places to make “claims” in the first place. simply support the effort and provide the best information we can to solve the case.

9. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

I believe the moderators weren't happy when Timmeye didn't share the last theory immediately. She is putting in work and has said several times that it isn't DNA testing or anything that promises an outcome. If it helps narrow down who the UID person can be that's good. It's great that people care and want to help.

It also brings attention to missing women (in this case). I did wonder about posting things like News articles about potential matches and if it is okay to do it on this thread. I don't want to distract from WCJD.

detective24-7 and FireOwl9 like this.
  10. FireOwl9

FireOwl9 Active Member

I think with such topics like this in WS it is also better to use less assertive language like 'definitely' or 'xxxx is her/him' until we get LE confirmation, because content like this needs to be taken seriously.

j_in_c, Alleykins, taramarie and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Suspicions that WCJD are are a particular girl or woman are not *proof*. I also don't like relying on cruddy VHS screencaps. That's amateur hour at its finest.

Bit of hope and LucyOso like this.
  12. Jdart14

Mmmkayyy...

13. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Sorry. In a case with this many loose ends, it's easy to get frustrated. The hot weather here isn't help me stay together. I apologise.

14. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

I got some good advice from a mod recently which was to report any comment you think is misleading or against TOS and vent your frustrations there, rather than here on the board.

15. FireOwl9

FireOwl9 Active Member

That's alright :). It's hot here down my place too lol. Just to clarify my original comment I meant that it's better to use less certain language and claims. Like 'xxxx could be him/her' would be okay. But we certainly don't want to turn our assumptions into facts without any solid evidence by saying 'definitely' or 'is' because it's not only embarrassing if they are incorrect but also not appropriate for a forum like WS.

GreyClay, taramarie and Jdart14 like this.
  16. Jdart14

It’s ok. We all get frustrated. Thanks for the solution @sunnynz. I think we all work on what we can and what the hot lead in front of us is at the time. I posted a while back a request for anyone with ideas or hopeful leads to share what we are all working on or that we come up with a “top 5” so to speak. There ARE a lot of loose ends and not a lot to go on. Even more reason to share ideas and work together on this case or any other. It’s all good here in Texas! Hope y’all have a great night !

17. Jdart14

Well said

FireOwl9 likes this.
  18. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified Registered Nurse

After death the jaw muscle relax. The jaw is a hinge so typically it falls inwards and down. It can easily appear like a weak chin due to postural arrangement and lighting. Couple this with the obvious peri-orbital/facial swelling it could distort her proportions. That being said, does the young lady have a name in the year book? If not we can’t see if she’s a possible match.

carbuff and Bit of hope like this.
  19. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Comparing Reet Jurvetson to her pm photo, I never would have guessed it was her, except for her eyes. Her face was much fuller, rounder in her photos than her recons. However, those were old photos of her when she was younger. She may have lost weight and her face thinned out before she died.
    CarlK's reconstructions are usually closest, with sometimes only a slight variation in the shape of the face. His depiction of Linda Pagano is uncanny, considering he didn't have a mandible to work with. Even still, he was almost spot on with that, too. His work is amazing.

20. LucyOso

LucyOso Verified Registered Nurse

Yes, his work is amazing. I agree

Bit of hope likes this.