TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe' WhtFem 91UFTX, 14-16, Nov'80 *GRAPHIC* #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

1. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

Call in the tip. Tell us all to as well to do the same.

2. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

Jdart14 this is your find, will you call it in?

cherrymeg likes this.
  3. Jdart14

Jdart14 Well-Known Member

That’s very considerate @sunnynz. Thank you. The first thing I did was pass that information on to Carl K. directly. He is very involved and communicates with detective Bean. I feel like that is the appropriate communication channel.

Hope you all are having a good week.

4. sunnynz

Fantastic. Here’s hoping we hear some progress!

5. Bit of hope

Bit of hope I'm sorry WS friends, need to slow down a little

I'm not sure why you are addressing this post to me Paul B. My memory is letting me down. My opinion on this: I find it inappropriate talking about a homicide victim like that. Psychological tests have shown though that people are inclined to attribute better qualities to attractive people so that could be the positive effect naming somebody pretty. But most of all I find it irrelevant if someone is pretty or not in the context of being a homicide victim. Same thing with bringing this issue up over and over again.

6. proctorelites

proctorelites Well-Known Member

IMOO I assumed they all referred to her as very attractive and beautiful to drive home the fact that she wasn't a homeless drug addict or, street person. Those qualities have a huge impact on appearance & cause a person to go down hill quickly. Maybe I'm wrong. IMO, they're all saying look we've seen her shes beautiful she wasnt rode hard and put up wet (sorry for the term) this young girl was well nourished, youthful , beautiful she isnt a mother w/ kids, she has to have a family hunting her, shes too well kept. Sorry for the reference but street ppl or street addicts often end up cutting ties to family & their families draw a line so thy end up in the streets, go down hill etc. We don't have a list of scars, needle tracks, prior pregnancies etc Maybe that was unusual for her situation and the detectives felt it important to ensure they kept public interest, she doesn't seem to fit the profile for women dumped in ditches or highways. Sorry, but it's true, IMOO. I dont believe it's fair we give her more attention but I think detectives get to a point where they have a hard time reconciling their man hours for ppl that insist on putting themselves in harm's way & I can assure you I've known some of those ppl, I've been those ppl. They felt more sympathy for her perhaps too. I dont disagree with their remarks either. MOO.

madamx, carbuff and wary like this.
  7. Bit of hope

I agree with you about a lot of things you say....addicts, wasted, homeless people get a lot less of attention and are considered a "lesser kind of people" and that bothers me a LOT. IMO that's a bad thing...a wrong system....a wrong culture.... Every human being, every....no matter what bad choices you made in live...pretty or ugly, black or white (or whatever color), rich or poor...you are worth it to get the total attention and investment of being identified. There is no difference in dead.

8. proctorelites

I totally agree @Bit of hope completely agree. Those people may come out of their delima, they deserve a chance just as much as the "beautiful people". I totally agree with you bc I was 1 of those people and if something happened to me many years ago I wouldn't have had the chance to be who I am today. A better person, a wiser person and much more sympathetic person. IMO, detectives put just as much effort into those cases, not all of them but, when it's a person that isnt all of those things they may be more vocal abt their appearing innocent etc. That gets their goat so to speak. I listened to a podcast Small Town Dicks and the detectives spoke to their working just as hard for homeless or addicts. They just really get upset when they blv the victim is innocent.

Bit of hope likes this.
  9. proctorelites

I'm sorry I'm so long winded. Ugh!

Bit of hope likes this.
  10. proctorelites

Still seems unfair and does make one wonder if they go a little harder and work a little longer for victims they perceive to be better somehow.

11. Bit of hope

Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia
    Missing white woman syndrome is a phenomenon noted by social scientists[1][2][3] and media commentators of the extensive media coverage, especially in television,[4] of missing person cases involving young, white, upper-middle-class women or girls. The phenomenon is defined as the Western media's undue focus on upper-middle-class white women who disappear, with the disproportionate degree of coverage they receive being compared to cases of missing men or boys, women of color, and women of lower social classes.[5][6]

Need I say more.....................but back to Walker County JD

madamx, sloane7777, FireOwl9 and 3 others like this.
  12. proctorelites

I didnt think WCJD got much coverage in the media though, did she? Or not as much as we would assume based on the missing white woman syndrome thing

madamx likes this.
  13. Bit of hope

No...she is a forgotten child.....almost no media coverage....even people who live there (except for a few) remember this case (according to posts in this thread)

14. detective24-7

detective24-7 Member

Very well put. I often get worked up when I see all the injustices in society when it comes to how privileged people (looks, class, race, where they're from, etc) are prioritized. A human life is a human life. That's the bottom line. Every person deserves the same amount of compassion and care and specific circumstances should never determine that someone else's life was more valuable than someone else's.

15. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

And thus her "who cares" response when asked if her parents knew where she was. Too often children are put low on the priority list vs. addictions or new love interests of a parent. How sad that in death she has found many loving Aunties and Uncles who care - (here).

Amateur opinion and speculation

16. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Since I joined WS, I've noticed we are family to some of these John and Jane Does, and to even some of the MP's and their families who post here. That's why I appreciate Marcia King's family so much for recognizing, in the midst of their grief, that there were hundreds-if not thousands of people -who loved and cared for her, and searched for them, while she was Buckskin Girl. That's real grace in my book.

yogasleuther, madamx, LRMOM and 13 others like this.
  17. detective24-7

detective24-7 Member

That's what I like about this forum. Some of these Jane and John Does may have not had any family who would care to look for them, but they will always have this community who never gives up or loses hope and want to give them justice - despite the fact none of us has ever met or known them. I sometimes wish, at the bare minimum, we knew WCJD's birthday; I often find myself thinking "oh, I will take a little bouquet or something nice to her headstone for her birthday."

yogasleuther, madamx, LRMOM and 3 others like this.
  18. Jdart14

Jdart14 Well-Known Member

I have been by there a few times to tidy up and place a few items. It always does my heart good to see that she has had many visitors. It really is a great thing. I am looking forward to the day she gets to go home!

yogasleuther, madamx, carbuff and 5 others like this.
  19. detective24-7

detective24-7 Member

I feel the same way. In the summertime there was a little white picket fence around the headstone and just a few weekends ago when I visited, someone had put a blue butterfly figurine on there. It makes me feel happy that so many people are still caring for her after all these years.

20. sunnynz

That’s wonderful. More love in this world is what we need!