GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe' WhtFem 91UFTX, 14-16, Nov'80 *GRAPHIC* #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Mockturtle22

Mockturtle22 Alice, by another name.

It could be poor communication, it's certainly a common occurrence in all of these cases for the most part. The fact that evidence found on the body vanished, leads me to think that the initial investigation was botched pretty badly. I haven't delved into the research of this case yet, as I am currently obsessing over a murder that happened in my hometown before I was born that I never really knew about. . I feel like my brain is at capacity a bit.

It's sad to me though. I want her to get her name back... it seems like she had a rough go of things in her own mind at least, before her death. She was likely a runaway who was just never reported, or not cared enough about to report. Or, her missing persons information got lost in the times and we won't be able to stumble upon it. Fingers crossed that we do though... But I think it's harmful to be posting things about people it could be that aren't even confirmed as being missing or anything. I have seen this a few times here and I think that we need to focus on finding out that information before posting photos of people who may not want their photos posted, some of which don't even have names attached to them; unless proof of them disappearing etc is found. Chances are we will come across a lot of people that may have resembled her. We all have 'twins'

Edit to my comment you quoted.. I meant unrecognizable lol just realized that wasn't written out correctly.

2. Jdart14

Jdart14 Well-Known Member

Botched or lost or tampered with over the 30 plus years. I don't feel like based on the information we do have that the investigation was handled/documented well. Once again "based on what we know". I don't believe that the report has ever been made public. Also I do believe that the practices used/demonstrated in the WCJD case are a reflection of the times as well. They probably felt that they had done a sufficient job with the tools/technology/resources available to them at the time. Would that be acceptable today? Probably not.

Sorry to hear about the case from your hometown. Where are you from?

I agree that posting, using names of others in unconfirmed situations is not a good practice. In this instance in my opinion we are ok. This case is going on 40 years and over those 40 years this particular person in the picture is really one of the most solid leads that have been brought forward as a possible link. whether or not the person in question is our girl the background and story behind both is pretty intriguing. Once you dig in I think you will agree. At this point we have no reported missing person documented that fit our girl, that's not to say she was never reported missing but current records do not reflect that she was. so we have to operate partly based on process of elimination. To do that, at times I guess you must use that kind of information.

That being said and this is all my opinion I understand that....I still as stated before feel like this case will not be solved without the help of DNA at this point. Unless there is a miracle and her information makes it into the hands of the right person who recognizes/remembers her and comes forward, and the chances of that are becoming less and less over time.

Hope you make progress on your hometown case and have some time to help look at this one as well. Everyone have a great week!! God Bless!!

sunnynz, daisy6441, FireOwl9 and 6 others like this.
  3. houndpounder

houndpounder Well-Known Member

FYI, the girl in the choir photo, AR, is alive, married, living in Texas, was listed in her father-in-laws obituary in 2001, Therefore although she looks like Huntsville, Walker TX Jane Doe, AR is not that UID Jane Doe.

As TMMEYE mentioned in a prior post.

If it did end up being her it would have been the best find ever!

As Jdart14 mentioned no information in system on missing girl, never reported missing. Hopefully a friend may think "whatever happened to her "and follow a path to find her. Look at Buck skin girl, found in 1981, never reported missing by mother. Identified 37 years later in April 2018. Hard to believe but it happens.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Buckskin Girl's mother did attempt to report her missing. The local LE agency refused to take a report, based on her prior history of wandering.

5. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Some people do strongly resemble other people.

Some young women make good money being Maisie Williams or Miley Cyrus for events and functions that cannot afford the real celebrities.

Even in this case, we have "Cathleen", who strongly resembles Julie Ann Moseley, only her family has confirmed that she isn't Julie Ann.

MadMcGoo, FireOwl9, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  6. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this post. On Facebook this woman is almost butchered by words for supposedly not trying to report her missing.

MadMcGoo, FireOwl9, wary and 5 others like this.
  7. Bit of hope

I'm very happy with this clear post. And HP I agree with you, she was one good potential match and I thank everybody for finding and keep digging into this.... I sure hope there will be some kind of resolution/exclusion around Kathy/Cathy, the girl traveling with a couple, brought up by CarlK a long time ago...also a very good potential match and sadly never confirmed a yes or a no.

MadMcGoo and houndpounder like this.
  8. houndpounder

houndpounder Well-Known Member

Thanks to the news agencies never getting the story correct.

MadMcGoo and Bit of hope like this.
  9. Bit of hope

We all know they color the story as they like...it's what people do with it, take it for the truth....it's not working like this and you know so good HP. Apart from that, in general, people are not able to "go back in time....looking at things the way they were in the old days", just judging from there tiny little reference in the here and now. That's what people do in general...and it's totally human. It's very hard to deal with for me.....and I can't say I never have a judgmental thought....my credo: I you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing.....

MadMcGoo, wary, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  10. Jdart14

Very seldom do people take into account how things have changed over time. Communication especially. Reporting someone missing in 1979-1980 meant calling the police department (locally the word MAY get out if there are posters made) or put in the news paper. There was no internet....no facebook...no twitter..And very seldom did something like that end up on even the local news unless it was a high profile case. so for years something like this news would have barely traveled outside the area unless the investigation takes it to different areas of interest. It is a shame but it is reality.

11. Bit of hope

I know....don't lecture me please. I wanted to tell this same story....

houndpounder likes this.
  12. Jdart14

I wasn't lecturing you!! haha...I was elaborating on your comment. didn't mean to steal your thunder...Everyone disregard my previous comment.. :)

13. Bit of hope

I know you are are a sweet person....sorry. It's time to go for a while.....

MadMcGoo, carbuff and houndpounder like this.
  14. Malene

Malene Member

You’re right. That and also criminal investigation may have been approched differently back then.

MadMcGoo and Jdart14 like this.
  15. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo SomeoneSomewhere KnowsSomething

Thank you for taking the time to pause the video to show her eyes closed! It makes a lot of difference when comparing eyes. IMO, and coming from someone with not-so-perfect-brows, I think the eyelid space and shape of the eyebrows is quite a bit different. WCJD has very little arch (like myself) and even with shaping it’s almost impossible to get one, and she seems to have much less eyelid space than the girl from the Choir. Although, I do agree the resemblance is uncanny! These of course are just my opinions, I’d love nothing more to identify this beautiful girl!!

OAN: As I’ve been scouring through...well, ANYTHING with photos from that time, alternating between inmate records and crimes that may have occurred that would land this girl anywhere but with her biological family, I’ve seen some very young girls (toddler-pre teen) and I wondered if anyone had looked into that or gone down that road. I’m still not completely confident in my understanding of exactly how NamUs “automatically compares UD with MP in their database”, but I don’t think I ever will. So, I certainly have no clue if they would be able to compare say a 4 year old girl who was reported missing in 1966 (for example only) to WCJD? Although statistically it is very unlikely there would be a match there, but certainly not impossible. Just wondering if anyone was familiar with the specifics of those identifications.

I just want to say that you ALL amaze me with your dedication and hard work!! I’ve begun to branch out to a few more “well known” cases (some of you probably got several notifications from “Denim’s” thread ;) ) (I usually stick with the ones that get little to no attention), and I am absolutely blown away when I see some of your names consistently commenting and researching and SO MUCH MORE! You all are very special and everything you all do, does NOT go unnoticed! So, THANK YOU!!

•MMcG•

P.S. Sometimes I feel as though I am mostly chasing my tail, so I appreciate you all humoring me! If there is any “boring work” I can ever do to help, that would be more productive, don’t hesitate to reach out! I know a new set of eyes never hurts, but those of you who have worked on these cases for years and decades know better what might make better use of my time in trying to help Ms WCJD!!

❤️ ❤️

16. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

My experience is that it was sadly common in the seventies through the early eighties for families to splinter over politics or lifestyle issues. Somebody would leave, and never be heard from again, but not considered missing because they didn't expect to hear from the person. Some surprisingly young people were runaways, or throwaways. Some made it on their own. Others met a sad end. But in nearly all cases, there wasn't any kind of missing persons report and the cops would have laughed at you if you tried to file one.

17. detective24-7

detective24-7 Active Member

I agree with this. In addition to what you've said, I also think that since they saw she was young, white, well nourished, and very pretty they assumed she would be sought out for by family and someone would be looking for her immediately so they didn't treat the case with much urgency or possibly cover all the steps they could have while it was still "fresh."

18. detective24-7

detective24-7 Active Member

Came across an interesting find while searching podcasts on Spotify.

A podcast called, "gone cold podcast - texas true crime" has an episode on WCJD. It doesn't share any new details about her or the case that we don't already know and it does go into quite a bit of detail about truck stop serial killers (which I do think is interesting and relevant to consider for this case given where she was last seen). Anyhoo. The podcast also explains a possible suspect by the name Robert Allan Autry. On June 22, 1984,Robert Allan Autry entered the home of 59 year old Zola May Fraiser (without force as he was familiar to her and her home and seen there on many occasions) in Huntsville. Zola lived alone and was depended on a wheelchair. Robert Allan Autry brutally beat her, sexually assaulted her, and strangled her death. The most INTERESTING part was Zola also was found with a deep bite mark (like WCJD). Robert Allan Autry spent the next 2 years in a mental health facility and ultimately hung himself.

Apparently, Robert Allan Autry and his brother, James David Autry had a history of being in and out of jail. The night of October 31/November 1, 1980 James (brother) was in prison right in Huntsville. Robert Allan Autry (the one that murdered Zola May Fraiser) was not....

This is all a dead-end lead given Robert Allan Autry is now dead but I do find the way Zola May Fraiser was murdered, especially being found with a bite mark to be very chilling and curious for this case.

Nancy19XX, sunnynz, daisy6441 and 5 others like this.
  19. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

hm, there are some interesting connections there.

That would lead to the possibility that she's somebody connected to the Autry family, wouldn't it?

20. SpanishMossAntiques

SpanishMossAntiques Well-Known Member

Things were very different back in the 1970's and 80's: I remember being at a school field trip at the zoo, and this one young boy suddenly went missing from the group. We looked for him for a while, but then went back to doing our own thing. It turned out that he didn't like the zoo, so he hitchhiked back home! When I graduated high school my father kicked me out of the house, and frankly didn't care where I went. I didn't have any contact with family for about 4 months! This was just how things were then - I even knew of several girls at school who went missing, and no one ever said a thing about it.