TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe' WhtFem 91UFTX, 14-16, Nov'80 *GRAPHIC* #2

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Jdart14

Jdart14 Well-Known Member

It could....possibly there to meet or visit James and or Robert. Robert gets jealous or angry Or possibly for other reasons.

Time to do some research....

MadMcGoo, Craelius and carbuff like this.
  2. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo SomeoneSomewhere KnowsSomething

*removed: duplicate

3. MadMcGoo

Absolutely! I'm so happy to see all of these old cases being solved but on the other hand, it seems as though all of them clearly state "no missing person report was ever filed". Unfortunately, in my previous line of work, I witnessed first hand the sheer laziness and 'someone-else-will-take-care-of-it' type attitudes from the very people who are required to enter things like this into NCIC! We rarely, if ever, had a missing person report to enter, but it was all too common practice by a handful of people (who were also not held accountable for their actions). I could never get people to understand how important it was to enter the correct color eyes of an individual or even something as simple as taking a photograph of a small tattoo. This was very recently so I can imagine all to well how things were handled back then! It's very sad. I like to have hope, but I'm also aware of the harsh reality. :(

You are so right! I've seen it happen a lot with people who are in and out of jail, or so far gone on drugs or just wandering the streets because they can't get the proper treatment for mental health problems. Even if they have family, it's not unusual for them to disappear for months at a time so no one gives it a second thought. Then a few months down the road and a farmer happens upon their body out on their land. It is almost tiring trying to keep up with some people's lives...those who come and go for various reasons. As you said, someone filing a missing person report on a person living this kind of life is very likely to not be taken seriously. Another sad reality!

NOTE: I attempted to add a list of serial killers or convicted rapists/murderers who had similar MOs or occurred around the time of WCJD's or were even incarcerated at the time...I thought I had accidentally posted it twice so I deleted one. Turns out, I erased everything :sigh: so I will re-type that and post again! I'll include a list of missing persons I've found that doesn't appear to be on any exclusion list if anyone wants to take a look.

Thank you all again for your hard work!!

*MMcG*

4. detective24-7

detective24-7 Active Member

Yeah, it's possible. It did say James was in prison and on death row (he was executed in 1984) but it didn't say if he specifically was at the Ellis unit. Not sure if there were other death row units in Huntsville at the time.

The Wikipedia for James Autry says he is from Potter County Texas, which is up North. I was hoping to see he was from southern Texas where WCJD claimed she was from.

5. MadMcGoo

I don't know if you noticed my comment right above yours, I could kick myself, but I've got some links to some interesting articles about a few "repeat" offenders who were convicted of rape/murder in Texas and some on death row at the time! At least 3 from the Amarillo (Potter/Randall County) area! It may take me a minutes to get it all typed up again (lesson learned) but maybe that will help ! :)

*MMcG*

Hazelnutty, carbuff and Jdart14 like this.
  6. detective24-7

detective24-7 Active Member

Thank you! We must've replied at the same time so I missed it :)

Hazelnutty and MadMcGoo like this.
  7. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

On the other hand, if she was lying about her background, she might have picked someplace that was completely opposite of the truth.

8. MadMcGoo

I think we did! ;)

I'm going to have to take a break before I break something! haha... I'll finish doing this, but in the meantime, here's one of the more interesting cases that might be of interest to some of you. It somewhat lined up with a theory that crossed my mind a while back. Maybe WCJD was looking to visit jails/prisons out of curiosity or some sort of research. I had pretty much ruled it out because she seemed a little too young to be interested or required to do that sort of thing, then I came across this case:

I haven't looked much further than this one article, but there were some things that caught my attention. *Kelli Cox 20y/o - Brazoria County TX - 15 Jul 1997 - Killer: William Lewis Reece*

https://jezebel.com/remains-of-kelli-cox-found-college-student-who-vanishe-1770288811

*MMcG*

(I've never shared links, so please correct me if I did so improperly)

9. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

WCJD has a softness and roundness to her face that is characteristic of a child or younger teen. She doesn't look more like a woman, she looks more like a child.

Jim_M, Suglo and MadMcGoo like this.
  10. Jdart14

Very true.

Sounds like these guys had been around the state though. James shot and killed a convenience store clerk in port Arthur so it’s not impossible that they made it down to corpus area at some point for work or just moving around.

I don’t know can’t find much on Robert though.

11. MadMcGoo

I completely agree! I have always felt that she was at the lower end of the listed age range. The first thing my mother said when I showed her was, "She looks SO young!". I do think she was, as I would say, "just a baby". :(

*MMcG*

Jim_M and Suglo like this.
  12. Jdart14

I wonder if they still have imprints or pictures of bite marks for both victims that are good enough quality they could compare if that has not already been done.

Jim_M and MadMcGoo like this.
  13. MadMcGoo

That would be nice! I know I'd love to see HLL's ORIGINAL bite mark impressions! I think, as much as he lied about his crimes, there are definitely still some unidentified victims that can be tied to him! Which is probably the case with just about every serial killer or murderer in general, but he's one that I'd bet money on!

Jim_M and Jdart14 like this.
  14. Jdart14

Jim_M, carbuff, houndpounder and 4 others like this.
  15. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Very interesting.....!!

Jim_M, MadMcGoo, carbuff and 2 others like this.
  16. Bit of hope

I always thought she wanted to visit somebody she knew in prisson...wanted to see a grave of somebody put to death before she had family ties with or even somebody who harmed her family ...and looked for links with people buried on the Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery ages ago, but couldn't find a solid link, a hunch, no matching dates whatsoever....Maybe you have digged up something, detective 24-7. We also made a list of prisoners from that time, death row inmates....maybe we should look at that again....

Here is the grave of James David Autry.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial...alid=&datefilter=&orderby=&page=1#sr-25663718

The Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery is the main prison cemetery of the U.S. state of Texas, located in Huntsville and operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). The colloquial name for the cemetery is Peckerwood Hill. The name originates from "Peckerwood", an African-American insult towards poor white people,[1] because many of those buried at the cemetery were poor.[2]

Jim_M, carbuff, detective24-7 and 5 others like this.
  17. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Fascinating....good angle, and worthy of further exploration!

Jim_M and MadMcGoo like this.
  18. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

The murders he committed happened in Southern Texas though. He may have been from the north, but lived south?

Killer dies smiling

1980s Executions

Offender Information - Autry, James

As well, his dental impressions were taken on order from the Judge ... I wonder if they're still around?

Judge grants prosecution motions in Autry case

19. Earthbound Misfit I

Earthbound Misfit I Who killed Kimberly Shawn Cheatham???

I haven't read everything here so try not to penalize me too much but, has it been discussed that the person she was going to visit at the prison was possibly a warden or guard or cook or some other kind of employee? Do we know without a doubt that she made it to the prison and wasn't picked up by somebody along the way?

20. Bit of hope

Hi, nothing to penalize you about. I know they questioned inmates and nobody knew her. I can't recall they questioned employees, but they probably did. We don't know if she made it to the Ellis Unit. We "know" from a few witnesses that she asked directions to the prison. Maybe she didn't want to go to the prison at all, but she wanted to go somewhere near the prison, the prison being a good indicator in what direction she had to go.