TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read that he spent some time at the Ramsey unit which is in rosharon. only 30 min from sugar land. This was later in his incarceration though. I would be curious if the sister is alive and or is familiar with the WCJD case.

"I did read that he spent some time at the Ramsey unit which is in rosharon. only 30 min from sugar land. This was later in his incarceration though. I would be curious if the sister is alive and or is familiar with the WCJD case."

Looks like he was at the Ramsey unit in 2007 at the time he came up for a parole hearing.

I did read that he spent some time at the Ramsey unit which is in rosharon. only 30 min from sugar land. This was later in his incarceration though. I would be curious if the sister is alive and or is familiar with the WCJD case.

His younger sister, who was born in 1963, passed in 2011.

Finally finished reading through all the posts on this one and it's unfortunate that there is not much to go on. A few thoughts I did have on this one:

1. It just seems odd to me that a young woman would say she's going to visit her boyfriend in prison. This is MOO, but it just bothered me. It certainly wouldn't be something I would be bragging about, but again, that's just me.
2. The platform shoes, while I know were the 'in' thing at the time, do not seem practical for someone who is potentially hitchhiking and planning on walking a good amount.
3. I was watching TV the other day and something that was said immediately made me think of this case, but the more I think about it, wouldn't make sense with the whole 'boyfriend' comment being added to the account. Hypothetically, she could be going to the prison to visit her father, who she might not have known about until then. (For example: the mother never told her who her father was to protect her if he was a criminal, or if she had cheated on her spouse and it was not her husband's child). All just speculation, of course.
4. It was Halloween night. I know this is a pretty rural area, so I am assuming there was not "trick or treating" going on? Potentially, if people were out and about on this night, they might have seen something.

I hope WCJD gets her name back soon :(

First time poster here!

I feel like if she was 14 - 16 years old, she may have thought claiming having a boyfriend in prison would intimidate anyone who asked? I think this was mentioned a few pages back.

First time poster here!

I feel like if she was 14 - 16 years old, she may have thought claiming having a boyfriend in prison would intimidate anyone who asked? I think this was mentioned a few pages back.

A relative would sound more intimidating saying a boyfriend is locked up actually can make you seem vulnerable. If you say my cousin/dad/uncle is in prison it implies you have family that isn't and that even if they aren't able to defend you a cellie that has just been released might be looking out for you on their behalf. A boyfriend sounds intimidating but it can also mean you family doesn't know where you are. A young girl hitchhiking to see an inmate doesn't scream "my family approves of this relationship".

I saw the same article about the stolen vehicle. It just makes a lot of sense to me that he was a teenager from the same area and that she might have known him. I think it's possible that she might not have been from Port Aransas or Rockport, (or even Aransas Pass), but instead from one of the smaller towns near there. Maybe she would hang out at the docks (I read somewhere that was something the teenagers from around there liked to do) and knew him from there. Maybe that's why nobody from the Port Aransas or Rockport schools seem to recognize her or remember her story. And if she was hanging around his crowd, my theory is that they may not be exactly wanting to help LE.

They wouldn't be teenagers anymore. Are there still people in that prison that might remember her case and possible suspects? Most places require knowing the nameof an inmate to contact them.

They wouldn't be teenagers anymore. Are there still people in that prison that might remember her case and possible suspects? Most places require knowing the nameof an inmate to contact them.

What's his address or what service do they use to contact inmates?
Bennie Dupnik is dead so we can't contact him.
There are 6 inmates still on death row that were convicted before 1980. I have wondered if they would remember anything about the investigation. The thing I am wondering is if they showed a picture of her. I have seen some crude drawings based on the morgue pictures and I wondered if they used those or actual photos.

Bennie Dupnik is dead so we can't contact him.
There are 6 inmates still on death row that were convicted before 1980. I have wondered if they would remember anything about the investigation. The thing I am wondering is if they showed a picture of her. I have seen some crude drawings based on the morgue pictures and I wondered if they used those or actual photos.

Would he have been with lifers too?

Sorry, don't mean to sound graphic, but I keep going back to our victim being assaulted by a blunt object. To me, this doesn't sound like a sexually motivated crime, but one of rage and anger. She looks so young....beaten, bitten, and strangled. If the crime was not for sexual purposes/gratification, then was it due to hatred and rage......why? Just a thought....

We're they trying to humiliate and degrade her.....? If so, was this personal....someone she knew? Maybe her original ride came back for her....

Maybe she laughed at the wrong guy or made him feel humiliated. This guy could have been a serial predator that just happened to give her a ride. Or maybe she called her family or whoever she was leaving and asked for a ride home. I don't know if she would have passed payphones. If she was really trying to visit an inmate she might realized it's harder to get in than you would think. She might have decided that going home was more practical idk. Maybe it was someone close to her that killed her and a reason why she hasn't been identified.
MOO

I believe so. His sentence was commuted and he was released after about 20 years.

Would any people he spent time with still be locked up, or incarcerated again? Have LE gone back to inmates and guards that worked in Huntsville there at the time. If inmates are still alive they might have more to say. Especially if they are locked up somewhere else. If there was a reason a teen girl was trying get to the Ellis part of the prison maybe something shady was going on there. If an inmate like Dupnik confessed talking to people who got out of jail, or are elderly men that have spent their lives incarcerated might be more honest and not just snitches looking to get out.

Sorry, don't mean to sound graphic, but I keep going back to our victim being assaulted by a blunt object. To me, this doesn't sound like a sexually motivated crime, but one of rage and anger. She looks so young....beaten, bitten, and strangled. If the crime was not for sexual purposes/gratification, then was it due to hatred and rage......why? Just a thought....
Psychos don't need reasons. You're asking why, but they're just out of their minds. They kill because they feel something inside them that lead them to murder.

Psychos don't need reasons. You're asking why, but they're just out of their minds. They kill because they feel something inside them that lead them to murder.

Understanding or trying to understand their actions and impulses can help catch them. If a killer does specific things or has victims that are similar or share some commonality it can link them to other crimes. It ideally can help you avoid being a victim. Trying to understand someone that kills at random is a hope that you can avoid these unpredictable killers. If you are aware of all the awful things they can doit's almost like being prepared for your worst nightmare. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam