TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to go back and find it! Thanks! I thought maybe I'd miss a new name.

Kitty has apparently been located alive and well. According to From The Vault podcast
To clarify a bit: not a motel photo Kitty/Kathy/etc., but that runaway girl wearing sunglasses. It was mentioned in the podcast with Carl Koppelman.
kitty-jpg.89729

Does anyone know if WCJD has been submitted to the DNA Doe Project?

I grew up near this area. This is my "close to home" case, which I want solved. :( Going to talk to my grandpa, who went to Sam Houston a little before her case to see if he remembers anything. He studied journalism, so I hope he might know something.

Margaret Press of DDP responded on DDP's pinned post that someone else is working WCJD's case. I posted about this here some pages back. So it seems that a different genealogist or genealogy group has WCJD's case
So, I just sent a message to the DDP Facebook site, asking if they were planning to look at this case... (If you don’t ask, the answer is “no,” right?) The response I got back was “We would if the agency would contact us.” Isn’t that interesting?!! So I replied and asked which agency that was, maybe I can help encourage them. Haven’t heard back yet, but will post when I do. Anyone have any insight into the agency that initiates these requests?

I do believe all the DDP folks are volunteers, which makes them not only super pressed for time - but real heros. They do such amazing work, so I am hoping that there is at least some tiny thread of hope this might still be investigated by them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks