TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe' WhtFem 91UFTX, 14-16, Nov'80 *GRAPHIC* #3

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by KT Can, Feb 28, 2009.

1. spaceycasey

spaceycasey yeehaw

I've recently reached out to Othram, given how close they are to Huntsville. Maybe they will pick it up. Does anyone believe she is the same girl as the one who a family shared a picture of from Corpus Christi? I think the stories line up, and she looks similar to the postmortem pictures of WCJD, but I'm not sure. I can't find any similar girls from any yearbooks from the Corpus Christi area.

MajorHoople, MadMcGoo and annemc2 like this.

2. Wossy

Wossy New Member

Yeah, the are nearly universally considered the same person. It is also the only picture of her alive

Attached Files:

momsof3, j_in_c, spaceycasey and 4 others like this.
  3. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

I don’t quite see it. WCJD resembles a young Ashley Judd, IMO.

4. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a thread on crime victims who resemble celebrities? There was at least one kidnapped blonde female child that was noted by a poster to resemble the original "Poltergeist" girl from the nineteen eighties.

Suglo likes this.
  5. spaceycasey

spaceycasey yeehaw

I will have to re examine the photos, and, granted one of them was of WCJD after being autopsied, but there were a few features that didn't match too well. similar, but not close. the stories they give are almost identical, though

6. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

I don't think they look alike. The girl in this picture has a more angular, mature face than WCJD. Her lips are thinner and her nose has a more boxy shape.

pucibobo, MadMcGoo, abbey345 and 4 others like this.
  7. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i thought Carl K said they arent the same.

sonz82 likes this.
  8. emilytnrqueen

emilytnrqueen New Member

Does anybody know if anybody ever did oxygen isotope mapping(they get information using teeth) with Walker County Jane Doe? I wondered if anything like that was every done for this sweet Jane Doe, it would narrow down where she grew up ..maybe its possible she is from several states over and we can locate a picture from a yearbook.
    I saw this ocygen isotope mapping mentioned in this video I watched following a video of Carl Koppelman >

They start mentioning the mapping at 12minutes in.

rosesfromangels likes this.
  9. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

Isotope testing is very unreliable. I would hope WCJD'S agency is doing genetic genealogy.

10. tamsidea

tamsidea Active Member

I was reading about the case of Katherine Sybil Worsky tonight. Her disappearance date is after WCJD but she sure looks like "Katy/Cathy" in the photo the two siblings had of the girl they met sometime in the '80s.

Attached Files:

momsof3, chaddylex, Beekarina and 7 others like this.
  11. ks-ch

ks-ch Active Member

Katie went missing in 1982 when she was only 12. The photo of "Cathy" was taken 1n 1980 and a girl looks much older, 14, 15 or even 16 yo, so it does not align.

12. tamsidea

tamsidea Active Member

Thanks for your reply ks-ch. I was hoping someone might weigh in. I knew Katie W. was 12 in 1982 and that Katy/Cathy told the brother and sister she was 14. What I wasn't sure about was whether it was possible that the photo was taken in '83 or '84 when Katie W. Would have been 13 or 14. I think Katy/Cathy does look about 13 or 14 in the picture. In fact I feel like I could pull out a similar picture of myself around that time. I'm about 9 months older than Katie would be today. But it's not exactly the most clear picture so I could definitely be wrong. The thing that made me wonder was that I've read the brother, sister, and their Mom were not exactly sure when or in which Texas city the photo was taken. Thinking about it more however, the confusion is more likely about when over the summer of 1980 it was taken rather than there being a chance that it could be a different year. Surely they can tell by the sister's appearance and/or the purpose of their trip what the year was.
    So sad for both Katie W. and WCJD. I just keep praying that their cases will someday be finalized. That Katie W. can be laid to rest peacefully and that WCJD will be identified. :(

13. daisy6441

daisy6441 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned a few pages back how delicate WCJD was. I’ve seen height ranging from 5 ft to 5’6”. Weight seems to be consistent around 100-110 pounds. That means she could have been about the size of my 11 year old daughter (about 5 ft and 88 lbs). I still think the choice of foot wear was an attempt to look older. The detective said she was going to see her boyfriend. I doubt back then they would have let someone under 18 into the prison alone. Another article said she was last seen in the parking lot talking to men/boys in a station wagon. Since it was Halloween night I think she was convinced to go with them and hang out somewhere until morning when she would be able to try entering the prison. If she was taken somewhere and assaulted that maybe where her clothes were left. She could have left her shoes in the car and they were thrown out with her body. I often wonder if anyone found her clothes and whether they are still around or remember.

Turtletxn, Tabirey, Beekarina and 4 others like this.
  14. Arz

Arz Well-Known Member

Hey guys,Othram is asking for suggestion about cases. If you don't know them they work with Genetic Geanology and are very succesful.
    I thought that some of us to email them so maybe her case will be prioritized.

GatorFL, Tabirey, Beekarina and 6 others like this.
  15. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

Or you could just tag @othram right here. They are aware of WCJD, though.

Malene, Beekarina, Ajaygee11 and 3 others like this.
  16. othram

othram Verified Owner of Othram Inc/DNA Expert

We are aware of this case. I appreciate it.

KaJo87, Malene, momsof3 and 10 others like this.
  17. Sweetluv

Sweetluv Well-Known Member

othram...good to know, thank you!

KaJo87, othram and Ajaygee11 like this.
  18. Susikatze

Susikatze Well-Known Member

I agree. I also think she was on the younger end of the estimate, maybe 14 or 15. Also somehow from her attitude, very teenager like sass... but re the weight and frame, I was 110 pounds at 5'5" when I was 20. If she was even shorter than that, it is not out of the ordinary for a teen or early twen at all.

19. Adrian_Almost_Sleuth

Adrian_Almost_Sleuth Member

This only reminds me of how unreliable the countless sketches/ reconstructions of WCJD are. One looks drastically different from the other, that for a while I thought, "Well, no wonder this girl hasn't been identified, she has 4 faces." Does anybody agree? I do believe now that Carl's current reconstruction is the most accurate from a comparability standpoint based on the autopsy photo.

Beekarina, lea_uk, annemc2 and 3 others like this.
  20. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

just a couple of weeks until the 40th anniversary

daisy6441, othram, Beekarina and 6 others like this.