GUILTY TX - Jackson Farrey, 6 mos, El Paso, 15 Nov 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by summer_breeze, Nov 16, 2013.

1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

2. Loading...

3. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.ktsm.com/news/crimebeat/family-four-missing-west-el-paso-home

POSTED: Friday, November 15, 2013 - 10:22pm
    UPDATED: Friday, November 15, 2013 - 10:27pm
    Andra Litton

4. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EL-PASO-POLICE-DEPARTMENT-Official-Page/171524539238

EL PASO POLICE DEPARTMENT Official Page
    7 hours ago

http://www.citizenobserver.com/cov6/app/alert.html?id=35744

5. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer New Member

6. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer New Member

7. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

Looking at their profiles it looks like at least she is from the Chicago suburbs. It looks like he is too but it's not listed. I wonder if they could be headed this way.

8. cdsavant

cdsavant New Member

Am I guessing correctly in saying they are a military family?-can I just delete that>

9. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

From what I am seeing it seems he's a servicemember. I've checked a few of the Chicago news sites and see nothing mentioned. I would hope they would alert people there in case they go that way unless there are other things going on that are not being reported. I'd like to know why they police went to the house in the first place (who tipped them off) or of he was AWOL at all prior to this.

10. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer New Member

I did a search and Jenna has three warrants https://www.elpasotexas.gov/muni_clerk/warrant_search.asp?search=farrey so maybe police went to the house in relation to those?

11. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

That would make lots of sense then. My husband (in LE) says that in Texas they would likely show up at a persons house for those warrants (some states don't care as much for traffic warrants and only get you when you get caught doing something wrong or being in a situation where they would need to run a person).

12. cdsavant

cdsavant New Member

One of the Farrey's cousins , as listed on facebook, posted a commit on this article explaining how servicemember disappearances and handled.
    http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_24534959
    Apparently Mr. Farrey did not appear at work Friday morning.

13. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Any word on if he was set to deploy soon?

14. SDHELPS

SDHELPS New Member

http://www.ktsm.com/news/crimebeat/family-four-missing-west-el-paso-home

Regarding the tip off to check on the family this is the link previously posted. Nothing on military, warrants or AWOL...

"When Jeffrey Farrey, 22, did not arrive to work Friday morning, police were called to do a routine check on the man and his family. Farrey, his wife Jenna, 20, and their two children, Blake, 19-months, and Jackson, 6 months, along with their family dog are also missing."

15. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

It just seems unlikely that they would call the police for one day of missing work. Usually they would send chain of command first. But his unit may have been different or had suspicion that something might be wrong. If the police in military towns had to show up whenever anyone didn't show up for work for a day, they'd be too busy to do other law enforcement. My husband thinks that if they were some upstanding soldier who is always prompt and does everything perfectly and they miss work, then they'd probably send someone but usually if its lower enlisted and they miss and there are no suspicions or other circumstances then they would handle it Administratively.

This is all mine and his opinion. He happens to be a civilian LEO at a military installation but has also worked on the municipal side as a LEO in the past. He also has served in the National guard for 10+ years so we are just going off if his experiences. When I read him the article, I didn't even finish and he said "sounds like they went AWOL." But we both know that we only know the little bit of information that the media has reported.

16. shefner

shefner Websleuth Member

Seems they have spent time in both Chicago and El Paso.....
    Wonder if they speak with family often? Any enemies or strange habits/situations we could learn about?

17. southsleuth

southsleuth New Member

As usual, I'm coming in late on this case. He may very well be employed by a private contractor as a civilian guard. Fort Jackson, SC uses a private firm for security gates and patrols. If he and his family just up and left, AWOL wouldn't apply.

18. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Oh no, another family missing! was my first thought. I hope they are found soon and all are ok.

19. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

20. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Oh no. Those babies.

21. LadyD'enah

LadyD'enah New Member

Oh this breaks my heart. I hope that they can be found before they cause harm to themselves... or they've gone to start a new life and this is to throw people off their scent/cause people to stop looking.

The other alternatives are too awful to even contemplate.

:please::please::please::please: