GUILTY TX - Jaime Melgar, 52, slain in staged home invasion, Houston, 23 Dec 2012

Presime she WAS hit pver the head and it sent her into a seizure and it freaked them out... so they tied her up and locked her in.. situation sounds like to me anyway like husband was the reason they were there anyway🤷*♀️

This is definitely a strange case. I hope they have the right person convicted, but I can see how the evidence looks flimsy to us on the outside. The only circumstances I can imagine that would strengthen her conviction to me would be if the mixture of alcohol and whatever medications SM was taking caused a psychotic episode for her. Perhaps that could cause her to act in a way that totally belied her usual characteristics and abilities. At some point afterward she could have realized what she had done and then worked hard to stage the scene to deflect suspicion. She had plenty of time to do that since the crime was not discovered until many hours later.

Still.....

No blood or marks on her. Jim had struggled with killer. Prosecutor was reaching for anything to see if it would stick,from the motive to how she was tied up and confined in closet.Did police ever look anywhere else than Sandy? Police and prosecutor wanted to prove her guilt and with no evidence.How the hell was she convicted?

No blood or marks on her. Jim had struggled with killer. Prosecutor was reaching for anything to see if it would stick,from the motive to how she was tied up and confined in closet.Did police ever look anywhere else than Sandy? Police and prosecutor wanted to prove her guilt and with no evidence.How the hell was she convicted?

That's a darn good question!

New allegations surface in case of wife accused of killing husband

The bloody fingerprint on the safe was perhaps the first sign that Sandra Melgar might be telling the truth about her innocence in the death of her husband of nearly 32 years.

The print - spotted by crime scene investigators near the body of Jaime Melgar - was never tested as a latent print or for DNA, and the evidence later disappeared.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FROM TRICIA:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.
Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.
Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

Presime she WAS hit pver the head and it sent her into a seizure and it freaked them out... so they tied her up and locked her in.. situation sounds like to me anyway like husband was the reason they were there anyway🤷*♀️
After listening to Bob Ruff's podcast I don't see any reason whatsoever that she should even have been considered as a potential suspect in this case, much less found guilty. It boggles the mind.

Jan. 7, 2020 article
"Making A Murderer" attorney continues fight for local woman after murder conviction upheld

"Sandra Melgar will remain in prison after an appeals court upheld her conviction that she murdered her husband seven years ago."
[...]
"In a statement to KHOU late Tuesday afternoon, Zellner said, “We expected the appellate court to affirm the Melgar jury verdict because the appellate court cannot consider new evidence outside of the trial record. We have been working for months evaluating and doing DNA testing, which we believe will ultimately exonerate Sandra Melgar."

Just saw this case for the first time on 20/20- it is a head scratcher- one thing I really don't like is when police officers focus on a suspect, they get tunnel vision and try and fit everything into that prism ---- they could not find a motive: no lover, no insurance policy, no history of abuse: we always look for at least some reason somebody would murder someone so brutally. They said she has seizures, lupus and uses a cane- was she capable by herself of staging the entire household? Did they ever consider she had hired someone to murder her husband and stage the scene? That is a scenario that would be more believable than she murdering him and staging the scene: yet, i don't believe they ever suggested she hired anyone. So, at this point, i would say, even if she did it, they did not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

New allegations surface in case of wife accused of killing husband

The bloody fingerprint on the safe was perhaps the first sign that Sandra Melgar might be telling the truth about her innocence in the death of her husband of nearly 32 years.

The print - spotted by crime scene investigators near the body of Jaime Melgar - was never tested as a latent print or for DNA, and the evidence later disappeared.
I'm hoping this doesn't end up being her husband's fingerprint (trying to retrieve his gun from the safe).
I believe she is innocent. It's unbelievable that this case has made it this far to begin with.

I don't know why her lawyer didn't punch a big hole in the Prosecutor's theory by calling in one of Jehovah's Witnesses to refute the information she gave to the jury about getting divorced. We are not forbidden from divorcing (although marriage vows are very serious). There are situations that she named such as death or adultery, that was correct. HOWEVER, if for some reason you did divorce, you are not shunned or "disfellowshipped". The prosecutor said Sandy had to kill him because she didn't want to lose the relationships she had within her religion. It's simply NOT true. Her friends and family would NOT have cut her out of their lives, or shunned her.

If the defense lawyer would have called in an a representative from the congregation, that would have refuted the prosecutions "need" for her to kill her husband.

And secondly, if she was really one of JW's, she would not have desired to kill anyone. In that event, if that was in her heart, why in the world would she even want to hang out with other JW's?

Next, her daughter was likely the most important relationship outside of her marriage. Her daughter was no longer one of JW's (by choice). So let's say Sandy did get divorced and lost her friends (JWs). She still had her most important relationship on earth!

It's all just ridiculousness to me. This whole case!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back