GUILTY TX - Jake Kimbley, 2, Smith County, 21 Aug 2012

I'd love to know more about his "mental disability." Two year olds who are bright enough to play hide and seek with other children unattended by adults are not usually labeled "mentally disabled." A speech delay is not a disability, and two years old is very young to have a full vocabulary. Some kids do, but it is within normal range to not have a large vocabulary at this age. I wish I knew his age in months.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

This is very close to where I live, apparently (according to someone that knows the family supposedly, per fb on the local news fb posting) he was in his gated back yard playing hide and seek with his twin and some older kids (siblings maybe? Not sure). The older kids went to find him and the gate was open, the mom called police right away. IMO wandering off is the best scenario and it's still terrifying, that poor baby.

My twin grandsons just turned two, and this is one of the things I worry about the most.

This is very close to where I live, apparently (according to someone that knows the family supposedly, per fb on the local news fb posting) he was in his gated back yard playing hide and seek with his twin and some older kids (siblings maybe? Not sure). The older kids went to find him and the gate was open, the mom called police right away. IMO wandering off is the best scenario and it's still terrifying, that poor baby.

any custody issues we are not aware of?

Jake, please be safe and please come home....my heart goes out to his family and community.

Im hoping this little guy is snuggled down somewhere warm and safe for the night.
Hang in there...

How close is the creek to where he lives? Acreek around here has about 2 inches of water in it, is it a creek or a river?

I'm glad to see they have the helicopter up with thermal imaging cameras.

A footprint and Jake's cloths were found at a nearby creek. A base is being set up at the family's home and those wishing to continue to search throughout the night can go there and sign in to search. See video at link.
http://www.kltv.com/story/19333448/search-underway-for-missing-2-year-old-in-smith-county

The boy, Jake Kimbley, is described as a two-year-old, weighing about 30 lbs, wearing a red, green and blue onesie with tan pants, and no shoes. On Tuesday night, crews found Jake's clothes and a footprint at a nearby dry creek bank.
The creek bank where his clothes where found is dry. :please:

thank God it is dry... but why would his clothes be there? Anyone know how far from his home this is did he walk there or did someone take him there and change his clothes?

any custody issues we are not aware of?

I don't know of anything, BUT I don't know them personally. I just haven't seen anything said locally. Are we allowed to link FB? I could post a link to the fb page that I follow that has updates if it's allowed. It's only one of many local stations of course. It is one of the bigger stations in Smith county.

ETA: I'm so terrified for this baby. It's so late,and so dark. The only thing I can think is at least it's not cold. My baby boy is two and I just cry and cry to think of him outside alone in this situation. Please let him be found soon!

I don't know of anything, BUT I don't know them personally. I just haven't seen anything said locally. Are we allowed to link FB? I could post a link to the fb page that I follow that has updates if it's allowed. It's only one of many local stations of course. It is one of the bigger stations in Smith county.

ETA: I'm so terrified for this baby. It's so late,and so dark. The only thing I can think is at least it's not cold. My baby boy is two and I just cry and cry to think of him outside alone in this situation. Please let him be found soon!

You can link a public page, such as a news station page, or a page set up to help find the little boy.

You can link a public page, such as a news station page, or a page set up to help find the little boy.

Ok, thank you! :) This is a local news station (Smith County) FB page that I've followed for forever it seems lol, they've been pretty good about updates on Jake. Of course comments on the links are always a good source of info too.

https://www.facebook.com/KLTV7News

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong