Found Deceased TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV From TX to FL, 14 Oct 2019 -#2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 25, 2019.

1. NPI Beach Bum

NPI Beach Bum Member

Not to mention continuing to drive the stolen vehicle with its own plates on it - especially crossing the border where there are cameras!

Steelslady, Nancy19XX, misgrn and 4 others like this.

2. NPI Beach Bum

NPI Beach Bum Member

I am local here in Corpus and one of the news reports also showed a map of places that the Butlers had worked in recent months during their travels.... one of which was Utah. They were working there and then came down through Arizona I think on into west Texas. Probably just a coincidence that they were in Utah but a very strange one considering! Coincidence or not, I do hope that it is being looked into though.

3. pet33

pet33 Active Member

Good point. They could have had burners. I must stop assuming things.

4. BeanieBod

BeanieBod Well-Known Member

@NPI Beach Bum
    Was this Butler travel map in a local newspaper? Can you post the source? Thanks.

DEB-Z, Bravo, CrimeDawg123 and 3 others like this.
  5. truetexan

truetexan Well-Known Member

DEB-Z, Steelslady, fred&edna and 4 others like this.
  6. truetexan

CBS news had a clip I believe on November 4th about the Butlers. The image showed Utah marked on map along with other places but that might just be a reference point to show where suspects are from.

7. kentuckybound

kentuckybound Active Member

There is no way he was working as a gate guard. When you apply for the license, they check everything and years and years back. My husband had a minor issue on his from when he was a teenager and it took a few weeks to get cleared up but they caught it.

8. NPI Beach Bum

NPI Beach Bum Member

This isn't the one that I saw originally but this one appears to say the same thing... this report was before they knew the names of the suspects and that they were from Utah. It may be as truetexan suggested and Utah is shown just for reference but this sounds to me like they made stops in those places, and then actually took jobs in Mesa AZ and West Texas.

New Hampshire couple found buried at Texas beach

I'm still trying to find the one that I saw on the local news but no luck yet. If I remember correctly though, that one made it sound like they actually stopped in Utah (like worked for a bit) but I could very well be mistaken about that. I definitely remember seeing the map though and it sounded like they were in the state at the very least - that clicked when they identified the suspects as being from Utah, I remembered seeing that map.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    DEB-Z and Bravo like this.
  9. BeanieBod

@kentuckybound , from everything I have read about any gate guarding, it appears to be an arduous process almost akin to a national security clearance. They would have never been gate guards but I wondered if there was an opportunity for them in the oil fields where workers are always needed.

Third Coast Gal, DEB-Z, Bravo and 2 others like this.
  10. truetexan

This was a thought of mine also... not ruling it out

Bravo likes this.
  11. sapoho

sapoho Well-Known Member

Also they were taking a gamble it hadn't been reported stolen yet. While the process of crossing into Mexico isn't difficult, there are lots of cameras, along with license plate readers to monitor who comes and goes. Had the truck and rig been reported stolen sooner, they may not have made it across the bridge at all.

12. truetexan

Catch22 here.... it's that photo of them crossing that helped identify them. Not sure about the outcome without that border photo to help

13. truetexan

Has anyone added up how much time ACW's current charges only would possibly give him ? Just thinking in case in they don't come up with any new charges how long could he get?.... AN unsure of seems she just has the theft charge and would depend on her past criminal record but probably not long for her without new charges

Bravo likes this.
  14. NPI Beach Bum

NPI Beach Bum Member

It sounds like the felony theft charge here in Texas would only be third degree so 2-10 but it sounds like he could get 5 to 99 on the Utah rape charges other than "forcible sexual abuse" which only carries 1-15. The aggravated assault sounds like it may only be a third degree felony (would require serious bodily injury or loss of consciousness to be 2nd degree, and serious bodily injury targeting LEO for 1st degree). Assault by prisoner is a third degree felony.

It does sound like sentencing for the rape charges in Utah will be mandatory though as his charges fall under Utah criminal code 76-3-406: "Crimes for which probation, suspension of sentence, lower category of offense, or hospitalization may not be granted."

Rape: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5/76-5-S402.html

Object rape: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5/76-5-S402.2.html

Forcible sodomy: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5/76-5-S403.html

Forcible sexual abuse: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5/76-5-S404.html

Aggravated assault: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5/76-5-S103.html?v=C76-5-S103_2017050920170509

Utah sentencing: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter3/76-3-S406.html?v=C76-3-S406_2017050920170509

Texas theft: PENAL CODE CHAPTER 31. THEFT

Texas sentencing: PENAL CODE CHAPTER 12. PUNISHMENTS

15. truetexan

Welcome aboard NPI Beach Bum!
    Thank you for your in depth response that is what I had hoped for. Answers several questions I had about those current charges. So it seems by that information he could actually be sentenced to a lengthy term depending the evidence Utah has against him. Just was really curious if there would be enough to give him life behind bars. Still hopeful KC LE will have new charges soon.
    Again.... Thank you!

16. ValerieS

ValerieS Member

Surprised there hasn’t been anything on this thread since 11/21? Or am I missing another?

17. BeanieBod

From a comment up thread, the judge has a gag order in place for ACW to ensure no comments from LE. With the extent of ACW and AN movement from Utah to Texas to Mexico and back, there is literally a lot of ground to cover. I hope they are purposeful and methodical in their gathering of evidence so these two never see the light of day.

Does anyone know if a court date has been set for the theft charges? Is there a time limit for bringing them to court on that charge?

18. ohiobuckeyegirl

ohiobuckeyegirl Well-Known Member

I havent see any new info. No court dates or anything.

Bravo likes this.
  19. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

Did the cats turn up? With the gag order in place, we might be discussing the cats for a while here. Moo

Tripod, BeanieBod, KatzEye and 3 others like this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

IMO this has to be a huge Investigation. Starting from when they left Utah and even in Utah. With the gag order It will be some time before we hear anything.