Found Deceased TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

James & Michelle Butler: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Reposting:
    Here is the timeline of when James and Michelle Butler were last seen, according to the Finding Michelle & James Butler Facebook Page:

• October 14: Checking out of Padre Balli Campground
    • October 15: Last Facebook post was setting up on Burners Beach near Corpus Christi, Texas
    • October 15: Michelle last spoke to her son.
    • October 16: Last known text.
    • October 17: Missed a scheduled Facetime with their granddaughter to see her open a package they sent from Flour Bluff.
    • October 19: Camper last seen on Burners Beach without their truck.
    • October 21: RV and truck were gone. GPS devices could not detect their vehicles.

2. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

How did WMUR confirm it? Why is LE sitting on this surveillance footage? This is very curious to me. I can recall other cases where footage was released PDQ. Why not this time?

misgrn, DEB-Z, otto and 4 others like this.
  3. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I worry that LE knows this is cartel activity and doesn't want to expose what they know about them at this time.

It doesn't seem like they are asking for the public to view photos or report any suspicious incidents. Almost as if they have some really important information they don't want revealed.

truetexan, MrsM, misgrn and 13 others like this.
  4. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

I have the feeling LE is very interested in who was on Border Crossing duty at the time that truck and trailer crossed the Border....moo

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Speaking of WMUR And BBM

Officials look for man seen driving vehicle belonging to NH couple killed in Texas

Investigators in Texas are looking for a "person of interest" seen driving the vehicle belonging to a couple from Rumney who were found dead outside Corpus Christi last week.

The bodies of James Butler, 48, and his wife, Michelle, 46, were found on Padre Island last week. Their deaths have been ruled homicides.

Garza said officials plan to release additional information at a news conference on Monday.

6. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

misgrn, kai, DEB-Z and 10 others like this.
  7. not.a.muggle

not.a.muggle Well-Known Member

No. There is another entrance accessible from park road 22, just before the fee station at the National Park (labeled bollards on my map). And anyone with a key to the gate can access it from the National Park.

Attached Files:

Tripod, Really?, DEB-Z and 10 others like this.
  8. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

That is interesting. I suppose a truck pulling an RV could pass that way?

9. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Horrible. :(

:(

misgrn, DEB-Z, realanastasia and 7 others like this.
  10. not.a.muggle

Good question about North Beach. It's called that because it's north of PINS. Perhaps that's just what the Park people call it? Anyway, it's the stretch of beach where all of this went down.

Park road 22 starts at the JFK Causeway Bridge and goes to MM 0, inside the Park. You can't drive from Bob Hall Pier into PINS without a gate key, but you can drive south from the Pier, go out an access road to park road 22, and re-access the beach in the Park. There is a section of closed beach between the access road and MM 0 that goes in front of the turtle lab, the visitors center, and law enforcement.

I didn't mean to make the Park sound dangerous, it's just that people keep referring to the bowl as desolate and I was trying to get across that I would expect this activity south of the MM 0, not near the Pier. Park rangers patrol the closed beach and south of MM 0, but they aren't driving down to the 60 (Mansfield Channel) unless they get a call to. I've been out there countless times on my own and never felt unsafe. County beach workers patrol everything north of the beach, but I don't think they are cops like the Park rangers and I doubt they are out there at night. They are more like visitor patrol (telling people to leash their dogs, stop speeding, etc.).

Attached Files:

catastrophe_, misgrn, DEB-Z and 10 others like this.
  11. not.a.muggle

Yes, very common

DEB-Z, fred&edna, Mojito and 2 others like this.
  12. margarita25

I wish I didn’t click on this thread :( :( :(

Ontario Mom, SuziQ, misgrn and 9 others like this.
  13. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

That's what I was saying to myself last weekend. I've had tears ever since.
    I want to help if possible though. So I'm sticking with it.

14. El Gato

El Gato Active Member

My dream is to live in a RV. I still plan on it. Yes I will travel but mainly park it in one of my kids backyards :)
    I'm so sad for this family, imma be armed tho, know that.

SuziQ, Tripod, Really? and 9 others like this.
  15. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Quoting myself as I notice Oct 17. Package sent from Flour Bluff. I found it on the map and it's sort of off island. More people they came in contact with - USPS or UPS?
    خرائط ‪Google

ETA Found a PO there.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/United+States+Postal+Service/@27.6677998,-97.2956741,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xcedb1f318931a6b6!8m2!3d27.6677995!4d-97.2869193‬‏‏

16. margarita25

I’m really upset now and can’t Stop thinking about this. :( :( Terrible, terrible, gosh I find the perp. The Mexico aspect is troubling as far as an arrest, but I just saw a Forensic Files where the perp was hiding out in Mexico. The arresting Agent said, “I remember when I first saw him at the bar in Mexico drinking a beer. 10 minutes later he was in custody being taken back over the border. It all happened so fast I don’t think he knew what hit him.” May that be the case here, pleeeease.

ETA:
    Yeah I think about the RV thing a lot too.

They may have been armed too, especially if he was ex military, but if one is caught off guard...:(

17. LietKynes

LietKynes "What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Following.

May James and Michelle rest in gentle peace.

misgrn, Really?, Steelslady and 7 others like this.
  18. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Well they do have his image on camera. I also hope beyond hope that helps to catch this subhuman.

19. not.a.muggle

I lived in the Bluff, about a mile and a half from that PO (and I went there a few days before that). I left Texas on Oct. 17th. The Bluff is known for its bad side, but I don't think it was someone from there. I think it was drug runners.

Suthrnqt, Steelslady, DEB-Z and 6 others like this.
  20. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

What will this subhuman/s likely do with the truck and RV? Guess a lot will depend if they are cartel?

Would it be easy for them to get Mexican license plates and drive back into the US?

misgrn, Steelslady, DEB-Z and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.