https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

Found Deceased TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

The pier is near the rv park isn’t it?

quidnunc247 and truetexan like this.

2. truetexan

truetexan Well-Known Member

Second body found as authorities search the 'Bowl' south of Bob Hall Pier

It was Sunday evening when investigators say they responded to the area between Mile Markers 263 and 264, an opening in the sand dunes commonly known as "the bowl", after a cellphone believed to belong to a missing man and woman pinged in the area. According to a press release from the Kleberg County Sheriff's Office, 48-year-old James Butler and 46-year-old Michelle Butler have not been heard from since Oct. 14.

3. Third Coast Gal

Third Coast Gal Well-Known Member

I believe that the bodies were found somewhat near the pier but not anywhere near an RV park.

neesaki, BlkMtnGirl, zecats and 3 others like this.
  4. truetexan

They had been staying at the Padre Bali Park...they checked out and went south

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  5. MimosaMornings

6. truetexan

That is where they had reportedly checked out of just prior to changing locations

BlkMtnGirl, zecats, Luckyzmom and 3 others like this.
  7. MimosaMornings

Birding on the Texas Coast - Brazosport

8. Third Coast Gal

Third Coast Gal Well-Known Member

Mimosa, I don’t want to discourage you! Corpus beaches are absolutely safe and fun in the daylight. The area RV parks are luxurious, cozy and secure. And there are also some rich birding areas inside the city and areas in the opposite direction of the beach.

Mojito, BlkMtnGirl, zecats and 3 others like this.
  9. MimosaMornings

I’m not discouraged! Been to CC a few times (no camping - hotel/vrbo) Port A area. Mostly fishing trips. Would def utilize one of the rv parks versus pulling camper down the beach in the sand. Just need to be aware of your surroundings.

Mojito, Litespeed, fred&edna and 4 others like this.
  10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Following this sad, sad story. Prayers ascending.

11. Seajay

Seajay Gannon is my HERO

It really is very disturbing that this couple were full of life, minding their own business and doing what they wanted to do and not getting in anyone’s way and they are disappeared, their RV taken to another country.

My boyfriend and I planned on doing the same thing, seeing the United States, traveling, meeting people and having an amazing adventure. How freeing it would feel, to be on the open road and stop whenever and wherever we wanted.

Such an innocent pastime and thing to do. It’s sad that people aren’t safe doing that. The Butlers need justice for what happened to them.

neesaki, LemonMint, MrsM and 16 others like this.
  12. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

This story just makes me want to cry, these two beautiful human beings not bothering anyone, just enjoying an early retirement life, and I cant help but think of the 3 cats running scared in the open hot Texas sun, not safe in the RV.

book-thinker, Hann, neesaki and 28 others like this.
  13. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

We need to collectively remember there is a FB group mentioned in that article, "361 Off-Road Rescue" group. From the article, the group is "A lot of [people] with Jeeps, Broncos and Blazers and all kinds of trucks that monitor the Facebook page of posts of people who have gotten in trouble off road," Ream said. "And they will go day or night to rescue."

That might come in handy later in other cases where people are missing off-road. (As long as local LE allows it.)

neesaki, Dre, Mojito and 11 others like this.
  14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I'm thinking whoever took the truck and RV didn't even realize at first that there were animals in the camper. I agree with you...it makes me so sad to think of their lives being destroyed as well.

I hope the person (people) who did this are caught and brought to whatever kind of justice is required as punishment for this horrific crime.

15. JerseyGirl

I know, I'm imaging a ruckus in the trailer and the cats ran out and scattered, maybe they hid in the RV and are now homeless in Mexico. Those poor babies. So much going on here, my heart breaks. :(

16. JerseyGirl

17. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Or possibly Michelle and James were sitting outside (are bonfires allowed there?) And if so, sitting by the fire or the water when attacked, truck and trailer stolen, cats not even discovered til later. That might explain why their bodies (if theirs) were discovered down the beach from the camping spot.

I can't stand thinking about any of it. I'm headed home to hug my kitties now. :(

18. kentuckybound

kentuckybound Active Member

They were headed to Florida to workcamp (working for your RV space and sometimes pay). No word on what they were doing in Texas but I can bet they were doing the same there also. My husband and I workcamped in Texas for 5 years. There is a huge community online for this type of fulltime RV living.

19. kentuckybound

kentuckybound Active Member

You have to buy a season pass to enter certain areas of the beach. I believe it's $16 for the season. They would have been "boondocking" meaning no power, water or sewer of course but I'm sure they had a generator.

20. roguelady

roguelady Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how they would have accessed the beach where they were last seen? Would they have driven along the beach or are there roads through the dunes that cut over to the beach. I'm just trying to get a picture of how easy or difficult it would be for criminals to ambush unsuspecting campers.

book-thinker, neesaki, Tripod and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.