GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
Homicide on Waverly Drive
American Airlines technology director fatally shot while walking his dog in Dallas, police say
Detectives believe the suspect was in a black Nissan pick-up truck that may have a Texas Rangers sticker in the rear window.

upload_2020-10-11_17-14-53.png

Someone in that pick up just drove up and shot James Faith while he was walking his dog at 7:30 AM. Reminds me of the Elizabeth Barraza garage sale murder.

I wonder if that’s the actual truck in the pic? I hope it’s easy for somebody to recognize if so. This is strange.
It appears to be as the photo has a Texas Ranger looking sticker in the window that is also mentioned in the article.

I wonder how common extended cab models are? Likewise, I wonder if the rims are either a non standard factory upgrade options, or custom? Though it may be the angle, the rear tires seem small. Perhaps further indicating a custom look?
As aside note, that part of Dallas is a patch work quilt of ongoing urban gentrification mixed with "olde school" areas. The level of gentrification can vary from near complete to none depending on the block.

It appears to be as the photo has a Texas Ranger looking sticker in the window that is also mentioned in the article.

I wonder how common extended cab models are? Likewise, I wonder if the rims are either a non standard factory upgrade options, or custom? Though it may be the angle, the rear tires seem small. Perhaps further indicating a custom look?

As aside note, that part of Dallas is a patch work quilt of ongoing urban gentrification mixed with "olde school" areas. The level of gentrification can vary from near complete to none depending on the block.

I would think the extended cab is probably common in Dallas as elsewhere in the south. I think you are right on the rims as upgrades. Those, the dark windows, and sticker make it unique enough to lead me to believe its easily recognizable. I hope that’s the case anyway so this suspect is quickly caught.
As always, like with the Barraza case mentioned, I wonder if this is intentional or random? I think of the Amber Gaddis case in Jacksonville Fl as I wondered that too.

To me those look like normal factory Nissan wheels. If you look compared to a "good: picture, the whole truck is squashed.

Not just Nissan, but for all pickups, the larger cabs are far more popular than the shorter cabs.

Homicide on Waverly Drive
American Airlines technology director fatally shot while walking his dog in Dallas, police say
Detectives believe the suspect was in a black Nissan pick-up truck that may have a Texas Rangers sticker in the rear window.

View attachment 267542

Someone in that pick up just drove up and shot James Faith while he was walking his dog at 7:30 AM. Reminds me of the Elizabeth Barraza garage sale murder.
Wow, Texas, early morning, black truck, shooter got out and shot victim, back to truck and sped away. So similar to the Elizabeth Barazza case.
His poor wife was with him walking the dog. :(

This is so sad. Lately it seems some don't even need a motive to kill someone.

We have seen violence running rampant in so many cities, and states breaking past records unfortunately.

I'm sure once the suspect knows they know about the sticker it will be gone.

But someone knows this truck, and that whoever has it has a sticker on it. They need to do the right thing, and call LE immediately or even Crime Stoppers anonymously.

I think whoever this is will be caught rather quickly.

Jmho

I wonder how common extended cab models are? Likewise, I wonder if the rims are either a non standard factoryupgrade options, or custom? Though it may be the angle, the rear tires seem small. Perhaps further indicating a custom look?

I'm sure it's a very common truck to own including color.

I see far more trucks in my area of Georgia just like this one shown.

Jmho

CrimeStoppers has a 5000 dollar reward for info on this. It’s a shame that the camera didn’t pick up the plate on this truck and let’s hope it turns up on other surveillance video nearby.

So what are the thoughts on this being random or victim intended? I admit that I’m torn.

I’ll throw my vote in for planned execution of an intended victim. Once the wife put up a fight there was no time lost in deciding what to do. I think the driver of the black Nissan Titan swooped in with one goal and that was to get it done and get out fast.

I wonder if the husband and wife always walked the dog together or if he or she was usually alone?

'He was my best friend': Police search for suspect who killed Oak Cliff man, duct taped wife's hands | wfaa.com

Police said the suspect also tried duct taping the wife's hands together to steal the jewelry off her fingers. Assistant Chief Avery Moore with Dallas police said the man may have been trying to abduct her, but he took off when she screamed.

Police said the suspect was wearing a mask and heavy set

From the video, I counted 9 shots in 3:14 seconds.

I wonder if this is intentional or random?

To me, a random motive seems over all strange:

- Very few people are known to carry substantial amounts of cash, or truly valuable jewelry while taking the dog for a morning walk. In addition, the time of the attack occurred seems strange for a purely robbery motive.

- Though the victims may of been viewed as gentrifiers, the type of gentrification in the area is not teardowns replaced by starter mansions. Rather, it is existing homes being refurbished with charm appeal.

Thus, gentrifiers though being 0f relatively high income to many of the locals, would not be associated with wealth to the extent that they would be viewed as especially lucrative 0730 robbery targets.

Elements that could support a random robbery motive could be:

- By over all appearance, the victims could have been viewed as gentrifiers. Perhaps a dim witted criminal (of which there are plenty) assumed that all gentrifiers must be truly wealthy. Truly wealthy people then, by default, always carry cash, expensive jewelry and his / her rolxes etc.

There’s a new story on dfw.cbslocal.com that rehashed this incident and goes into the high homicide rate in Dallas. An interesting note is where the cop says (paraphrase) “this isn’t typical of the way robberies occur”. I wonder if the perp wanted to kidnap the wife, why not just point the weapon and say let’s go? This isn’t looking like an opportunity robbery to me but rather a target murder.

An interesting note is where the cop says (paraphrase) “this isn’t typical of the way robberies occur”.

This isn’t looking like an opportunity robbery to me but rather a target murder.
I also think the comment by the police officer is very telling. Given the officer's views and the increased possibility of a targeted attack, I think the next step is to examine likely sources for a targeted motive:

- Money
- Romance
- Respect / Disrespect

Lay offs can be seen as a respect / disrespect issue. The airline industry has started large scale lay offs as federal subsidies have run out. I wonder what the victim's role was at the company and if he implemented or oversaw lay offs?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back