TX - Janice Kenny, 63, & Jimmy Weavel, 66, Winnie, 2 Aug 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Aug 10, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Sheriff: Missing Florida couple last seen in Winnie
    Couple last seen asking for directions, sheriff says
    [​IMG]
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/sheriff-missing-florida-couple-last-seen-in-winnie

2. Loading...

3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Active Member

Too bad they don't have a cell phone to track. How odd that they asked for directions at the convenience store, began following those directions and then made a u-turn in the opposite direction. Hope they are found soon.

4. Blondie in Spokane

5. Limecat

Limecat New Member

This just makes me sad. I feel sorry for the son. I can't imagine my mom calling and saying we'll be there in an hour and then two hours go by, and then three...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Blondie in Spokane

I know Limecat, me too. I feel sorry for this couple, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I got the impression they were down on their luck. It makes me sad that they apparently ran into trouble or became terribly lost on their way to Galveston. Hoping for the best for them. It's funny how certain cases just stick with you and gnaw at you.....this is one of them for me.

7. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

Is it possible that there was a store or bathroom or food that they decided to go back to it before getting on the ferry? And then they met with foul play then? Or they wanted to go somewhere, and they ran off the road?
    I hope they are both found its such a sad situation.

8. Blondie in Spokane

I just realized that I hadn't watched the video from the first link yet.....Janice has had dementia and health problems recently. She looks very unsteady on her feet in the video. How sad. Her son seems very caring and concerned.

9. rosie_lee

rosie_lee New Member

http://www.click2houston.com/news/sheriff-missing-florida-couple-last-seen-in-winnie
    [...]
    Today the Texas Department of Public Safety aircraft division helped investigators search areas the couple may have traveled.

The Chambers County Sheriff met with Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch today to help with the search. They said a law enforcement camera spotted the truck's license plate in Walker County around 2:34 p.m. on Aug. 3, one day after anyone had contact with them.

The sheriff said the Texas Department of Public Safety will continue to investigate the truck’s whereabouts as detectives in Chambers County work the missing person’s case.

The article has been updated and this information is interesting. What happened to the U-haul?

I hope they are found safe and soon.

10. Blondie in Spokane

I totally missed the part about the u-haul Rosie. Am hoping maybe they just neglected to mention it, otherwise it's bad news. Glad Tim Miller has been brought in.

11. rosie_lee

rosie_lee New Member

Tim Miller is awesome and I was also glad to see he is getting involved.

12. Everyday Grace

Everyday Grace New Member

Walker County?

That's maybe at least 100 miles from where they were seen near Winnie.

And not at all in a direction toward Galveston.

Strange.

13. rosie_lee

rosie_lee New Member

In the above article it also said:

"After getting directions, surveillance video showed them head towards the Galveston ferry, but then they make a U-turn and head back towards I-10 which could take them east or west."

14. Everyday Grace

Walker County is northwest of Winnie. They could get there by crossing I-10 and taking lesser highways or by taking 10 west and picking up either a lesser highway or heading up I -45.

Were they that confused about directions?

Because Walker County is not even close to a route to Galveston from Winnie.

When I first read this thread after it was opened, I wondered if in the directions they got in Winnie that someone didn't tell them that an option to taking the Bolivar ferry would be to head west on I-10 and then take 146 south to 45 into Galveston.

That route is further, but Google maps shows it to be only 7 minutes slower (I question that calculation).

If that's what they were doing and headed north on 146 rather than south, they could indeed get to Walker County that way.

Still very strange as the license plate was seen somewhere in Walker County the next day.

If they were/are lost where did they spend that night and why wouldn't they at least find a law enforcement officer to get them steered right.

Strange.

This one boggles my mind. It seems inconceivable to me unless foul play or an accident come into play.

15. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

While I know that there are those that don't have cell phones or some sort of GPS device, I can't imagine them not asking others for directions or something. It's been well over a week now and nothing. I'm not convinced foul play is in play, pardon the pun, but this has me concerned for their well-being physically.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

16. Everyday Grace

17. Han

Han reg user

Maybe they got cold feet about going to Galveston and haven't been able to admit it yet. They may not know they are considered missing.

18. Blondie in Spokane

I sure hope you're right Han.....I hadn't thought of that. My mind went straight to foul play, as usual. Fingers crossed.

19. scaredtopost

scaredtopost Member

Or maybe JW got cold feet about moving in with his GF's son. Sure hope I'm wrong. JMO, MOO etc.

20. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Wondering how long this couple has known each other? The video in the first post, that showed them in the store asking for directions and Janice calling her son, the son made one sentence about Jimmy that makes me think these two haven't known each other very long. Janice lost her home after extensive medical stay in a hospital. Her gait reminds me of someone that's had a stroke. Her left side isn't as physically strong as her right side is. JMO.

Looking at Jimmy's FB, nothing for years, however, he lists Houston as where he lives. So he knows some parts of Texas. Maybe he decided to go near where he use to live, or family or friends from when he lived there?

Hope Janice gets to her son, and can stay with him.

21. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member