TX TX - Jason Augustus Hill, 19, dropped off at Robert Mueller Municipal Airport, Austin, 24 Oct 1994

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Circumstances of Disappearance - mr. hill was last seen at the old austin mueller airport near the front entrance. he was dropped off by a friend. mr. hill was overheard arguing with someone over the phone just prior to getting a ride to the airport. it is unknown if mr. hill boarded a plane at any time. subsequent investigation indicated foul play may have been involved in the disappearance.
hill_jason.jpg

831DMTX - Jason Augustus Hill
Name:
Jason Augustus Hill
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 24, 1994
Location Last Seen: Austin, Travis County, Texas

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 19, 1975
Race: White
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, thick over the ears
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias:
Distinguishing Marks/Features: A tattoo of Medusa on his right shoulder.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hill was last seen in Austin, TX on October 24, 1994. He received a call that day from a convenience store payphone and was overheard arguing with someone. After ending the conversation, he told a friend he needed to leave Austin, TX immediately. He was last seen later in the evening when he was dropped off by his friend at the old Robert Mueller Municipal Airport in Austin, TX near the front entrance. It is unknown if Hill boarded a plane at any time. Foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Austin Police Department
Agency Contact Person:Cold Case Detective Mark Gilchrest
Agency Phone Number: (512) 974-5385
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1994-4733081

NCIC Case Number: M-150945945
NamUs Case Number: 11822

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Texas Department of Public Safety

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011 ; Last Updated: 8/5/20

Jason Augustus Hill – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since 10/24/1994
  • Missing From Austin, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/19/1975 (45)
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 170 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Hill has a tattoo of Medusa on his right shoulder. Some accounts refer to him as Jason A. Loomis Hill.
Details of Disappearance
Hill planned to purchase a car on October 24, 1994 in his hometown of Austin, Texas. He was seen arguing with someone on a convenience store pay phone. After the conversation finished, he told a friend his plans had changed and he had to leave Austin immediately.

His friend dropped him off near the entrance of the old Robert Mueller Municipal Airport, that evening, but it's not clear whether he ever boarded a plane. He has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected in Hill's disappearance.

There is absolutely no information about Jason anywhere other than missing person's profiles in several websites....

I also cannot find any media reports or anything about his family.

Jason was only 19, and according to his friends, was dropped off near the entrance of a municipal airport in Austin, TX.

It's too bad that there is likely no record of him taking a flight even if he did fly out that day. I used to hop between Austin and Dallas all of the time. It was like $75 and you could just walk up to the counter and buy a one way ticket on Southwest. Crazy how times have changed in that regard!

It's too bad that there is likely no record of him taking a flight even if he did fly out that day. I used to hop between Austin and Dallas all of the time. It was like $75 and you could just walk up to the counter and buy a one way ticket on Southwest. Crazy how times have changed in that regard!

You could do that without any ID requirement?

I wonder if DNA sample was obtained from his immediate family to compare with unidentified bodies. Considering how many unidentified people there are in the US, this could actually be helpful in at least looking at some unidentified human remains and rule them out as Jason. I looked up earlier, and the state of Texas alone has hundreds of unidentified bodies... it's possible that their DNAs are available for comparison.

Or... if Jason happens to be alive by some miracle... it could possible help to locate him.

If he was overheard well enough to definitively say he was arguing on the phone call - what was being said? Surely something must have been heard. Given his immediate actions following the call, it seems the call was quite relevant.

Though, this is not surprising to me. These older cases often have very little, missing key, or nothing at all in the way of circumstances/info. Sometimes not even a picture. Just sad.

I hope maybe the “leave now” and drop off at airport was a ruse so he could disappear, and is safe.

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆