TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's in his 3rd year
Okay this is important b/c he would definitely be on autopilot driving home by this point. How could he miss a turn in town and drive out of town on a lonely, dark, country road for 10 whole minutes in the complete wrong direction? He would have known in 30 seconds this was the WRONG WAY.

I think my whole point with this line of thought is that he was perhaps already confused before the wreck.

Wouldn't TES and other searchers be watching the skies for vulture circling if he had just wandered off and was laying somewhere? I see that the landscape seems quite open and flat. I have seen no mention of their seeing anything.

That's a good point about possible vultures in the area. I'm also curious about what calls/texts he made between the time he left and the time when the wreck happened. Did he stop at a convenience store in Luling for gas/snacks and have an get into an argument with someone? I'm sure there is a lot the public isn't being told about the details of the investigation. I hope this is resolved soon so the family can have closure.

This may be a dumb question but has the pond where his scent ended been drained? I don't see that info anywhere. TIA!

ETA: Forgive me - one of the linked articles does indeed say the pond WAS drained.
And looking at the map, there are a ton of small ponds all over the area. Probably a lot of them are dry—I’ve noticed in Texas, Google Maps is optimistic about water here, but still. Some of them are probably real ponds. It would take a long time to search all of them.

Google Maps

Wouldn't TES and other searchers be watching the skies for vulture circling if he had just wandered off and was laying somewhere? I see that the landscape seems quite open and flat. I have seen no mention of their seeing anything.

Sorry to be a bit graphic, but the vultures would only have available to them what's left after the feral hogs (common in the area) did their thing.

That's a good point about possible vultures in the area. I'm also curious about what calls/texts he made between the time he left and the time when the wreck happened. Did he stop at a convenience store in Luling for gas/snacks and have an get into an argument with someone? I'm sure there is a lot the public isn't being told about the details of the investigation. I hope this is resolved soon so the family can have closure.
I agree. I wonder if he stopped somewhere for gas or snacks and was followed out. Did he intentionally take the gravel road to lose that person? Was he a victim of a road rage incident? The problem with that scenario is that his body isn't found and apparently nothing of value was taken.

In regards to the not pleasant, but realistic foul play possibility, I wonder if any of the oil wells were active?

Active wells could mean active pumps, generators, and other equipment used to both run the field and also to dig or reactivate wells.

Though I am completely unfamiliar with oil fields, theft of construction equipment is a problem in booming DFW.

To prevent theft, I have seen companies suspend generators and other equipment on cranes, keep security on sight 24-7, and meticulously block in smaller excavators with large earth movers etc.

I wonder if theft of oil field equipment is common and that perhaps the missing student witnessed a gang engaged in theft (or the gang perceived that the could and would identify them)?

I’d like to know who saw him leave school and what they say about his demeanor. I’m sure LE & his family know that, but it hasn’t been in MSM that I know of.

What was he doing until late that night when he left? At a party? Just at home packing? Finishing up a shift at work somewhere? Arguing with someone? We have no idea. All we know is within 30 minutes of heading toward home on what should have been a very familiar route, he becomes completely turned around, going the wrong way in the country, crashes his car and disappears without any of his things, including his phone.

I’d like to know who saw him leave school and what they say about his demeanor. I’m sure LE & his family know that, but it hasn’t been in MSM that I know of.

What was he doing until late that night when he left? At a party? Just at home packing? Finishing up a shift at work somewhere? Arguing with someone? We have no idea. All we know is within 30 minutes of heading toward home on what should have been a very familiar route, he becomes completely turned around, going the wrong way in the country, crashes his car and disappears without any of his things, including his phone.
Yeah soooo much we don’t know.

Perusing through Googlemaps and using whatever pictures and info I can find, I think the abandoned house thats referenced in articles that dogs tracked his scent to is 2379 Salt Flat Rd. The image is an old one, but even then it looked unkempt. About 30 yards down the road is a pretty thick tree that would be capable of doing the damage seen on the car and there aren't alot of them right on the road itself. It's the gravel part of the road so it checks that box also and its a pretty good ways from the center of town. There is also a decent sized pond not far from it where they say 5 dogs tracked his scent to and had it drained. I think this may be the spot. Stands to reason he was lost, going too fast, noticed the house on his right and took his eyes off the road long enough to lose control and smack the tree in a spinout. All speculation of course, but it makes sense.
Here is 2379 Salt Flat Rd. that you’re talking about.

Google Maps

Okay this is important b/c he would definitely be on autopilot driving home by this point. How could he miss a turn in town and drive out of town on a lonely, dark, country road for 10 whole minutes in the complete wrong direction? He would have known in 30 seconds this was the WRONG WAY.

You’re assuming he’s been driving the route for three years but that may not be so. Many schools don’t allow freshman to have cars on campus and some parents don’t allow sophomores. Of course in any case he’s ridden the route a number of times, but that doesn’t mean that at night he would remember it. Or not think he had a better idea for a short cut.

You’re assuming he’s been driving the route for three years but that may not be so. Many schools don’t allow freshman to have cars on campus and some parents don’t allow sophomores. Of course in any case he’s ridden the route a number of times, but that doesn’t mean that at night he would remember it. Or not think he had a better idea for a short cut.
What do you think the short cut would have been? Like from where to where? I am in Connecticut so don't know the area. And, I can say I never thought of feral hogs. Learn something new everyday.

I saw several new pages and my heart jumped, in hopes of good news. Sigh.

Prayers for his family. My daughter is an addict, we wonder where she is. Is she cold? Hungry? Alive? It's heart wrenching. JL's dad is likely clinging to hope...

...OR said that at the direction of LE, perhaps they want to rattle people up?! IDK, MOO.

I saw several new pages and my heart jumped, in hopes of good news. Sigh.

Prayers for his family. My daughter is an addict, we wonder where she is. Is she cold? Hungry? Alive? It's heart wrenching. JL's dad is likely clinging to hope...

...OR said that at the direction of LE, perhaps they want to rattle people up?! IDK, MOO.
I am so sorry about your daughter! My mom is an addict and the holidays were always super rough. She has been clean for a few years, but we are now dealing with dementia. I am sorry your daughter is still battling this beast - I pray she gets better.

I am losing hope for JL... it has been too many days. The only thing I can think of is that he is in one of the nearby ponds. So tragic!

I grew up on gravel roads. I learned to drive on them. They are very unforgiving of someone going too fast, waiting too long to turn, or making a last minute brake or steering action. Even if he was somewhat familiar with the road (though it really appears he was off course), gravel road conditions change from trip to trip, such as when was gravel last put down, when was the road last graded, etc.

This is why I don't see anything other than a mistake on his part causing the accident. I had plenty of friends in high school that wrecked on gravel roads. It is troublesome that he apparently wandered off and hasn't bene found yet.

Here is 2379 Salt Flat Rd. that you’re talking about.

Google Maps
Correct. There is a house there as well as a hundred yards or so south that I beleive one of them is the abandoned house his scent was tracked to. There is a large tree just north of this house and you can see the decent sized pond a bit east, but basically on that same land. I think this is the area.

I have no sense of direction. I would definitely be lost easily. What if he got turned around grabbed phone to look at gps lost control of car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆