TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thought is probably a whole lot of nothing, but whenever it’s discussed about an injury causing JL to suffer from extreme heat hence the removal of clothes...just my weird personal experience (most of my personal experiences are weird it seems).

I had a four level fusion in my neck in 2012. Pretty major surgery and looong recovery. After I was home, of course I slept a good part of the time, but got up for some water. Suddenly I was overcome by a wave of heat like being in the blast furnace of hell. I’ve never felt anything like it before or since. I had bags of ice on my head and in my armpits and I truly believed I was cooking from the inside out. If it had been winter I honestly would’ve stripped naked and found the nearest snow bank to bury myself in.

Point of my blathering on is, I know we’ve talked a lot about possible head injuries, but I wonder if instead it was a neck injury, ie. severe whiplash, etc.? I was fine as far as walking, moving, I just couldn’t make the heat stop. I am wondering if neck injury could explain how JL could have walked farther than we think (but barefoot ouch), hence not within the radius searched.

Just a thought I can’t get over my head. Weird personal story over.
MOO
Thanks for sharing @Limecat. A body in shock can also present with symptoms of being overheated, flush. It's not uncommon for accident victims to remove their clothing. I think the difference here is JL appears to have stripped himself naked -- including his wristwatch. I think he was experiencing something induced by a chemical and the reaction was unexpected by him. MOO

Thanks for sharing @Limecat. A body in shock can also present with symptoms of being overheated, flush. It's not uncommon for accident victims to remove their clothing. I think the difference here is JL appears to have stripped himself naked -- including his wristwatch. I think he was experiencing something induced by a chemical and the reaction was unexpected by him. MOO

I meant to research hallucinogens discovered in weed earlier but I did not word the search correctly and got nowhere.
If we knew which it was exactly, we could hazard a guess on how far he got... possibly quite a long way from crash site..

This thought is probably a whole lot of nothing, but whenever it’s discussed about an injury causing JL to suffer from extreme heat hence the removal of clothes...just my weird personal experience (most of my personal experiences are weird it seems).

I had a four level fusion in my neck in 2012. Pretty major surgery and looong recovery. After I was home, of course I slept a good part of the time, but got up for some water. Suddenly I was overcome by a wave of heat like being in the blast furnace of hell. I’ve never felt anything like it before or since. I had bags of ice on my head and in my armpits and I truly believed I was cooking from the inside out. If it had been winter I honestly would’ve stripped naked and found the nearest snow bank to bury myself in.

Point of my blathering on is, I know we’ve talked a lot about possible head injuries, but I wonder if instead it was a neck injury, ie. severe whiplash, etc.? I was fine as far as walking, moving, I just couldn’t make the heat stop. I am wondering if neck injury could explain how JL could have walked farther than we think (but barefoot ouch), hence not within the radius searched.

Just a thought I can’t get over my head. Weird personal story over.
MOO
This is important b/c it’s another possible reason for him stripping off all his clothes besides a head injury or a drug. The head injury was bothering me from the minimal car damage on driver’s side. Severe whiplash/neck injury is absolutely possible IMO, and I didn’t know that could cause an overheating sensation, Maybe a nerve thing? Thanks for the story! Sounds terrible though!

So I was thinking about the possibility of laced weed, and if I had to assume what it might be "laced" with, I'd guess Fentanyl, since that's the hottest (horrific) drug in the States right now.

So I started Googling the results of Fentanyl-laced marijuana, and came across this article by Forbes.

Actually, Fentanyl-laced marijuana is not that common, but this author discusses his experience with embalming fluid -laced marijuana.

Two Reasons To Legalize Marijuana: Embalming Fluid And Fentanyl-Laced Pot On Black Market

"In retrospect, I noticed the buzz from the corpse joint was OFF just seconds after I exhaled the first trail of smoke. I guess due to my lack of experience with drugs, at the time, I thought that maybe we were just toking on some bizarre, new strain of homegrown weed that was intended to mimic a snakebite or something. Because that’s how it felt! Like the fangs of a rattlesnake sank into my ankle while I was hitting the joint causing the venom and THC to lock horns inside a vicious territory war.

It didn’t take long before my body slumped into a deep state of paralysis and fear. My heart rate was erratic and I couldn’t breathe properly, and then my veins started to come alive. They felt like they were constricting, yet they were bulging out of my arms in a way that sort of resembled Iggy Pop’s post-heroin physique. There was a moment when I hoped – Hell, I may have even prayed -- that my circulatory system would just pop out of my skin, wrap around my neck and put me out of my misery."

It's interesting.

Imo.

Last edited:

I agree Seattle1... And if it was PCP or LSD, I just feel so completely mortified for him. And we have all heard the stories of people high on PCP having super human strength and endurance. This poor kid. Be a head injury, neck injury, or a really bad "unexpected " trip, my heart is heavy for him and his family.

could be a mixture of methamphetamine and PCP or and other chemicals sprayed on it. lsd could be on the tip.. they did look professionally rolled.
I did a search for prefilled blunts, got a few hits around Amsterdam and wondered whether students bought it online in Texas across Intl boundaries?
I wonder whether it can be traced?
Like, he won't be the only one that got destroyed by it, possibly several of his mates bought from same source
there will have been other recent casualties..
I expect they will talk.
Need to figure out if anybody online is complaining about spiked weed..

Just here to post another non-nefarious hypothesis.

Perhaps the accident happened only a couple of minutes after the last ping, as the crash site is really only a 10 minutes drive away. The crash impact was violent enough to shatter the entire back window, and Jason was only dressed in a t-shirt and shorts, and slide sandals with socks, despite it being near freezing with a wind chill of below freezing to be expected. If the crash knocked him out, motionless in that car with no window, even for 30 or 40 minutes, it would have been enough time for hypothermia to set in.

I’m sure this has already been discussed and I’m joining the discussion late, but there are many documented cases of paradoxical undressing in relation to hypothermia, and that condition combined with a head/neck injury could explain why he may have come to, left the car without his phone, wandered only a short distance before removing his clothes, and then ultimately wandered off towards the pond. He likely would not even be feeling pain in his feet at this point.

Again all just theories. It breaks my heart to think that the truck passing by may have just missed him. And I can’t stop thinking about his poor family to experience such a tragedy. It’s just so sad. I truly hope they get closure some day very soon.

Last edited:
So what would be the purpose of spiked weed? I mean, What would be the purpose of selling someone spiked weed and it be unknown to them? I know you can specifically buy weed w/angel dust etc... but that would cost more, right? Why would somebody put embalming fluid or LCD or PCP or fentanyl on weed unknowingly to the buyer other than just being a jerk? It seems counterproductive to a dealer b/c it would be costing them $. I know there must be a reason and I just don’t think like a drug dealer.
I understand why fentanyl might be used in heroin b/c it is so strong and cheap. They can cut costs and get people hooked quickly. But the laced weed thing I do not understand.

Just here to post another non-nefarious hypothesis.

Perhaps the accident happened only a couple of minutes after the last ping, as the crash site is really only a 10 minutes drive away. The crash impact was violent enough to shatter the entire back window, and Jason was only dressed in a t-shirt and shorts, and slide sandals with socks, despite it being near freezing with a wind chill of below freezing to be expected in the open area. If the crash knocked him out, motionless in that car with no window, even for 30 or 40 minutes, it would have been enough time for hypothermia to set in.

I’m sure this has already been discussed and I’m joining the discussion late, but there are many documented cases of paradoxical undressing in relation to hypothermia, and that condition combined with a head/neck injury could explain why he may have come to, left the car without his phone, wandered only a short distance before removing his clothes, and then ultimately wandered off towards the pond. He likely would not even be feeling pain in his feet at this point.

Again all just theories. It breaks my heart to think that the truck passing by may have just missed him. And I can’t stop thinking about his poor family to experience just such a tradgedy. I truly hope they get closure some day very soon.
Sounds plausible to me!

ETA. Welcome to Websleuths! :D

So what would be the purpose of spiked weed? I mean, What would be the purpose of selling someone spiked weed and it be unknown to them? I know you can specifically buy weed w/angel dust etc... but that would cost more, right? Why would somebody put embalming fluid or LCD or PCP or fentanyl on weed unknowingly to the buyer other than just being a jerk? It seems counterproductive to a dealer b/c it would be costing them $. I know there must be a reason and I just don’t think like a drug dealer.
I understand why fentanyl might be used in heroin b/c it is so strong and cheap. They can cut costs and get people hooked quickly. But the laced weed thing I do not understand.

It was probably marketed as trippy weed.. lots of hybrids on the market, new ones every day, autos and all.
They're all different, they're considered very potent, most are not potent at all..
and that might well have gone okay if he had been in a safe place when it happened and his close friends were sharing the experience. He was in the worst possible setting for an unexpected trip cos no way on earth would he have taken a trip knowing he was going home and the drive ahead..
They specifically said it was a hallucinogen
What about mescaline?
Is that still used?
Very trippy drug.

Last edited:
Spiked weed is rare for these reasons. In fact, weed is so potent now that it causes its own problems but spiking or lacing is not that common/actually rare. Secondly, most kids buy their weed from known sources especially at home plate. He's a college kid in SM, formerly at UT. He had a known and common supplier for weed. Any theory is plausible I guess but this one would be way way down on the list of probabilities.

Spiked weed is rare for these reasons. In fact, weed is so potent now that it causes its own problems but spiking or lacing is not that common/actually rare. Secondly, most kids buy their weed from known sources especially at home plate. He's a college kid in SM, formerly at UT. He had a known and common supplier for weed. Any theory is plausible I guess but this one would be way way down on the list of probabilities.
But it's not.
It's very high in the list of possibilities because LE told us so and they specified hallucinogens. Not speed, not meta, not fentanyl.. hallucinogen.

hi everyone - had to make an account here as i dont feel comfortable posting this in the FB groups with my name attached and wanted to dispel some thoughts on the “Laced Weed” theory. I think this theory is incredibly unlikely, while I can admit that it’s possible – I think the likelihood of something else having happened is much higher.

As someone who has consumed A LOT of MJ and knows A LOT of people who have consumed A LOT of MJ – not once has it happened or have I even heard of it happening to anyone in my circle. MJ itself is REALLY cheap now…. Back in the day, it made financial sense to do this to make it “more potent” aka cutting your product with something cheaper to make it equally as potent as the same weight of the actual product. That’s not the case anymore. The supply of MJ is higher now than its ever been in history.

HOWEVER – I did see he had 2 pre-rolled that looked that they were purchased that way, IT IS possible that those were not MJ at all but rather Spice/K2 – they almost look identical and it is known to cause bad reactions and freakouts. I’m not willing to rule this out. Especially because K2/spice IS cheaper than MJ. I think people talking about joints dipped in lucy/PCP/speed/ketamine (pretty popular right now actually) etc need to redirect to this theory, IMO. There's a whole netflix episode about this.

I’m also not willing to rule out that he willingly took some other substance and had a reaction he wasn’t expecting. If he was recently getting into the “drug scene”, it wouldn’t be the first time a college kid did some drugs without researching them extensively first. HOWEVER, from what I’ve read he seemed reasonably smart to know that driving on anything heavier than MJ is a huge risk and I can’t see someone taking something more psychoactively intense knowingly, before a 3 hour drive. This thought always leads me back to the K2/Spice theory above.

All of this to say, no matter if any of the above 3 paragraphs are true, I don’t foresee that it was the main cause of his disappearance/probable death – I think there was a secondary factor.

I believe the following:

1) Went down road to have a smoke and crashed and has since passed and is in the area, but not yet found

2) Went down the road to have a smoke + something nefarious happened (in which case – the intake of any substance is pretty irrelevant other than his intent to consume brought him to his ultimate fate)

3) Something happened at the intersection where he last pinged which led him to his ultimate fate (I’m sorry I keep using this term but I’m not real confident he’s alive sadly)

4) He wasn’t the one driving and something happened back in San Mo

I’m just kind of streaming consciousness at this point – but really wanted to type this out to say, so much of this focus on the drugs is taking away from other discussion as I think it’s HIGHLY unlikely that the drugs in any way shape or form are the SOLE cause of this incident.

This whole thing just doesn’t sit right with me because of all of the ifs/this/then/that scenarios there’s always something that doesn’t quite add up. I also don’t know much about the Luling police dept but I can’t see them running a very sophisticated operation, they’ve slipped up a number of times on this IMO and 3-5 different decisions leading up to now and we might be in a very different/better place. I also believe there is some sensitive and vital information that we are not being told (probably for good reason), so I give them credit for that in keeping some sensitive info close to the vest.

Anyway… that’s all for now I suppose.

hi everyone - had to make an account here as i dont feel comfortable posting this in the FB groups with my name attached and wanted to dispel some thoughts on the “Laced Weed” theory. I think this theory is incredibly unlikely, while I can admit that it’s possible – I think the likelihood of something else having happened is much higher.

As someone who has consumed A LOT of MJ and knows A LOT of people who have consumed A LOT of MJ – not once has it happened or have I even heard of it happening to anyone in my circle. MJ itself is REALLY cheap now…. Back in the day, it made financial sense to do this to make it “more potent” aka cutting your product with something cheaper to make it equally as potent as the same weight of the actual product. That’s not the case anymore. The supply of MJ is higher now than its ever been in history.

HOWEVER – I did see he had 2 pre-rolled that looked that they were purchased that way, IT IS possible that those were not MJ at all but rather Spice/K2 – they almost look identical and it is known to cause bad reactions and freakouts. I’m not willing to rule this out. Especially because K2/spice IS cheaper than MJ. I think people talking about joints dipped in lucy/PCP/speed/ketamine (pretty popular right now actually) etc need to redirect to this theory, IMO. There's a whole netflix episode about this.

I’m also not willing to rule out that he willingly took some other substance and had a reaction he wasn’t expecting. If he was recently getting into the “drug scene”, it wouldn’t be the first time a college kid did some drugs without researching them extensively first. HOWEVER, from what I’ve read he seemed reasonably smart to know that driving on anything heavier than MJ is a huge risk and I can’t see someone taking something more psychoactively intense knowingly, before a 3 hour drive. This thought always leads me back to the K2/Spice theory above.

All of this to say, no matter if any of the above 3 paragraphs are true, I don’t foresee that it was the main cause of his disappearance/probable death – I think there was a secondary factor.

I believe the following:

1) Went down road to have a smoke and crashed and has since passed and is in the area, but not yet found

2) Went down the road to have a smoke + something nefarious happened (in which case – the intake of any substance is pretty irrelevant other than his intent to consume brought him to his ultimate fate)

3) Something happened at the intersection where he last pinged which led him to his ultimate fate (I’m sorry I keep using this term but I’m not real confident he’s alive sadly)

I’m just kind of streaming consciousness at this point – but really wanted to type this out to say, so much of this focus on the drugs is taking away from other discussion as I think it’s HIGHLY unlikely that the drugs in any way shape or form are the SOLE cause of this incident.

This whole thing just doesn’t sit right with me because of all of the ifs/this/then/that scenarios there’s always something that doesn’t quite add up. I also don’t know much about the Luling police dept but I can’t see them running a very sophisticated operation, they’ve slipped up a number of times on this IMO and 3-5 different decisions leading up to now and we might be in a very different/better place. I also believe there is some sensitive and vital information that we are not being told (probably for good reason), so I give them credit for that in keeping some sensitive info close to the vest.

Good thoughts, @HoustonGuy! The main reasons I think a bad drug reaction keeps coming up is 1) LE is who mentioned the MJ possibly being laced w/a hallucinogenic and 2) the weird behavior of dropping his things all down the road, stripping off all his clothes in the road and disappearing. But I agree his wreck and disappearance could totally have nothing to do with drugs. It would just explain a few things.
I also had thought of Spice or K2. Those have a terrible reputation. But didn’t LE specifically say it was marijuana?

Sorry if this is a silly question...

In regards to LE sharing the possibility the weed may have been laced...would they base this on
a) the way it physically looked?
OR
b) the evidence they found at the wreck (taking his clothes off)?

Good thoughts, @HoustonGuy! The main reasons I think a bad drug reaction keeps coming up is 1) LE is who mentioned the MJ possibly being laced w/a hallucinogenic and 2) the weird behavior of dropping his things all down the road, stripping off all his clothes in the road and disappearing. But I agree his wreck and disappearance could totally have nothing to do with drugs. It would just explain a few things.
I also had thought of Spice or K2. Those have a terrible reputation. But didn’t LE specifically say it was marijuana?

<modsnip>

#2 - No disagreement from me there. Whether it was an injury/drug induced stripping of clothes and disappearing - i just wish the focus was on where he is rather than what made him do it, which for me, is pretty irrelevant at this point UNLESS there was another party involved, which really makes me wonder why the clothes are where they are and why they were collected the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe the following:

I thought that they had pretty much claimed he was the one driving since it was his phone that pinged and he had actually snap chatted with someone while in Luling? I don’t believe this is in question anymore.....he drove from SM to the intersection in Luling where he was snapchatting....so I believe they know for sure he was driving with his phone and snapchatting.....but what happened after the intesection when there was no more digital imprint is still sort of up in the air....

RSBM
What about mescaline?
Is that still used?
Very trippy drug.
A dose of of pure mescaline is 300-400 mg. I don't think there's any way to fit that much drug into a blunt and it would be very inefficient, and probably completely ineffective, to try to take it that way. My impression is that mescaline is also very rare to find on the street.

For comparison, an effective dose of PCP is 5-10mg, nearly 50-fold more potent than mescaline. LSD doses BTW are 50-200 micrograms, more than another order of magnitude in potency.

My thinking is that it's pretty unlikely any hallucinogen is involved. But since LE at least mentioned the possibility that the weed could be laced with one, it's not a zero probability. Given this slim (im)probability, the only drug which fits that scenario, causes psychosis, and has at least some history of use in lacing weed, seems to be PCP. Otherwise the odd behavior would have to be a consequence of injury and/or hypothermia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff