TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wish the focus was on where he is rather than what made him do it, which for me, is pretty irrelevant at this point

But couldn’t “the what made him do it” in reference to stripping down be relevant as in if it were a certain drug then it may help figure out how far he may have went?
(Hope my wording makes sense)

In regard to JL's digital footprint, per LE reports, it stops at the intersection when he closes Waze and switches to Snapchat. Does that "literally" mean he only used Snapchat at the intersection and then closed Snapchat before he continued driving? Or could Snapchat have continued in the background, and as long as JL didn't msg or post anything, there would be no footprint? It seems very "purposeful" if indeed he did close Snapchat and any other apps that may have continued his footprint. I use Snapchat and often keep it "open" as you never know when a friend, etc. may send you a msg.

In regard to JL's digital footprint, per LE reports, it stops at the intersection when he closes Waze and switches to Snapchat. Does that "literally" mean he only used Snapchat at the intersection and then closed Snapchat before he continued driving? Or could Snapchat have continued in the background, and as long as JL didn't msg or post anything, there would be no footprint? It seems very "purposeful" if indeed he did close Snapchat and any other apps that may have continued his footprint. I use Snapchat and often keep it "open" as you never know when a friend, etc. may send you a msg.
I’m not sure....I’m still confused as to the 67 minute window with no digital imprint even though his phone was turned on and had a signal as they reported. Maybe he was driving and not using his phone......?

Sorry if this is a silly question...

In regards to LE sharing the possibility the weed may have been laced...would they base this on
a) the way it physically looked?
OR
b) the evidence they found at the wreck (taking his clothes off)?
- appearance
-field test
-smell
- the fact that he was not found when all circumstances and sites searched under standard criteria for SAR following a RTA did not reveal his location made them look closer at his small stash of weed.

I think LE is basing the theory of a laced weed on the results they have found since, mainly the clothing, the keys left in car, his setting off on foot naked...none of which makes much sense other than a chemical reaction or hypothermia or a more severe head injury than imagined...in which case he should have been found nearby, it seems. But any of the three is possible.

What does not seem possible is that anyone harmed him or carried him off to “hide” him...jmo.

But couldn’t “the what made him do it” in reference to stripping down be relevant as in if it were a certain drug then it may help figure out how far he may have went?
Yes. At least the Caldwell Co. Sheriff's Office seems to think so: "There remains a possibility that the marijuana was combined with an unknown hallucinogenic substance." I'm trying to decide who's opinion I should go with...

Not to mention, there are plenty of ways to ingest a hallucinogenic drug without it being "laced" into marijuana, even if country/boomers (who btw invented marijuana, cocaine, and heroin!) seem to be the only ones who know this.

I agree that the "laced" narrative might distract from other possible scenarios, including some scenarios favored by other on WS who simply disagree - they simply favor a different scenario. But that's the great thing about WS. Lots of great sleuthing. Lots of great theories/scenarios. The laced scenario is just one of them (albeit one that's been mentioned by LE as being possible; and how else do you explain the clothes?)

Idk what happened to JL. And I agree that whether drugs were involved or not, he's missing and he needs to be found. <modsnip> JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of speculation that JL may have smoked while driving, or stopped along SFR (prior to the accident) to smoke or may have even smoked after the accident to calm his nerves - if this were the case...it seems the pill bottle containing the joints (referenced in the released LE photo) would have been found in the car or more easily accessible. Instead, it was still inside the backpack with the other items. Granted, he could have had a separate joint just for the trip or pulled one out and put the container back in his backpack...just seems very methodical to do those extra steps considering the environment that night.

<modsnip> many head injuries, both TBI and ABI bleed internally....Not externally and not necessarily related to superficial cuts...

I knew someone that had a brain bleed for months and didn't know it. He'd fallen and hit his head more than once. I was surprised with a sub or epidural hematoma he wasn't dead, but the doctor said his bleeds were venous and not arterial. Some bleeding just doesn't show up. My knowledge of this is personal, as I knew the person with the bleeds, but my professional knowledge is from my own EMT training, ambulance and hospital personnel.

I don't know if this has been mentioned here, it's been awhile since I posted. Someone suggested to me that Jason just up and disappeared because he wanted to. The person believed Jason wanted to 'make a fresh start'. Just
sharing the opinion of someone stating JTO.

It's not a crime for an adult to voluntarily disappear, go off the grid, and have no contact with family and friends. It happens.

In this case, I don't think it's probable that this young man crashed his parent's vehicle and vanished while on his way home for Christmas break. There's no indication that JL planned to walk out of his life. He even packed his pet fish and was transporting it with him that he could look after it while home on break.

I recall reading once that many couples separate or file for divorce in January -- right after the holidays are over. I think if JL wanted to just up and disappear, I think it would be after Christmas.

I don't think this is what happened here but if Jason wanted to voluntarily disappear, I don't think it would have been on Dec 14.

MOO

Thinking back to my college days, I recall an instance where a group of friends spoked salvia.
No clue if it’s still relevant/around, but I do remember they all had some crazy trips while doing so. One in particular took off his clothes and laid on the floor, sweating. Wonder if it could be something like that? I believe it can look very similar to weed as well

There's a lot of speculation that JL may have smoked while driving, or stopped along SFR (prior to the accident) to smoke or may have even smoked after the accident to calm his nerves - if this were the case...it seems the pill bottle containing the joints (referenced in the released LE photo) would have been found in the car or more easily accessible. Instead, it was still inside the backpack with the other items. Granted, he could have had a separate joint just for the trip or pulled one out and put the container back in his backpack...just seems very methodical to do those extra steps considering the environment that night.
I think it’s possible he took or smoked something before ever leaving his apartment in SM. He crashed the car only 30 minutes from SM, so it could have taken that time to fully kick in and become a problematic situation.

But I also think it’s possible a head or neck injury caused him to strip everything and disappear.

It's not a crime for an adult to voluntarily disappear, go off the grid, and have no contact with family and friends. It happens.

In this case, I don't think it's probable that this young man crashed his parent's vehicle and vanished while on his way home for Christmas break. There's no indication that JL planned to walk out of his life. He even packed his pet fish and was transporting it with him that he could look after it while home on break.

I recall reading once that many couples separate or file for divorce in January -- right after the holidays are over. I think if JL wanted to just up and disappear, I think it would be after Christmas.

I don't think this is what happened here but if Jason wanted to voluntarily disappear, I don't think it would have been on Dec 14.

MOO
Voluntarily leaving his life wouldn’t account for dropping all his stuff in the road and taking off all his clothes (and killing his fish?). I think there’s no way he disappeared voluntarily.

I see what you're saying - but for the sake of this, lets say the tests come back positive for hallucinogen substances on the MJ, does that eliminate the possibility of him having a car crash and having a head injury and passing in the immediate area? I don't believe it does.

If the tests for hallucinogen substances in the MJ come back negative, does that eliminate the possibility of him ingesting something entirely different back in SM? I don't think so either.

Without the body, nothing can be confirmed from the items we are aware of. I am not even sure if after this long tox reports would come back conclusive (admittedly, i do not know the science behind this area of forensics).

I don't think we can even say for certain he "stripped down", whose to say he didn't change before he left and he threw those clothes in his backpack? We know nothing for 100% fact other than when his phone pinged and where (whether or not he was in possession of that phone can't even be guaranteed (based on what we know)), where the car was found, and the items within it. Other than that, I think ALL possibilities should remain open.

Edit: I also think it's incredibly telling that that Equusearch (sp?) pulled out of the operation for searching for him - this IMO proves that there is information out there that leads them to believe he was not in the area of the crash site on this night, or evidence that he was taken away from the crash site by a 3rd party.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying - but for the sake of this, lets say the tests come back positive for hallucinogen substances on the MJ, does that eliminate the possibility of him having a car crash and having a head injury and passing in the immediate area? I don't believe it does.

If the tests for hallucinogen substances in the MJ come back negative, does that eliminate the possibility of him ingesting something entirely different back in SM? I don't think so either.

Without the body, nothing can be confirmed from the items we are aware of. I am not even sure if after this long tox reports would come back conclusive (admittedly, i do not know the science behind this area of forensics).

I don't think we can even say for certain he "stripped down", whose to say he didn't change before he left and he threw those clothes in his backpack? We know nothing for 100% fact other than when his phone pinged and where (whether or not he was in possession of that phone can't even be guaranteed (based on what we know)), where the car was found, and the items within it. Other than that, I think ALL possibilities should remain open.
I was thinking about that—even if he’s found we might not ever know what/if he ingested something. I hope any landowners/workers in that ENTIRE area, even further out than one would think, are keeping an eye on any ponds or creeks on their land. He’s just got to be in that area, and my bet would be in some water. He could be surfacing soon if he did end up in water. :(

Of course all possibilities should be on the table, but I think the signs are pointing to just what it appears—Bad drug reaction, car wreck and a person fleeing and succumbing to elements, injuries or the drug itself.

I really think LE knows by now what if anything the MJ was laced with. I cannot believe it would take this long.

Not that I think the first responders, TES, LE, and family didn't do a fantastic, thorough job of searching... I so much feel I / we need to go there and together search again!!! He's GOT to be there, somewhere! I'm in Virginia, so this is likely not going to happen, but just what I keep thinking about! Sorry for the rant! :)

Not that I think the first responders, TES, LE, and family didn't do a fantastic, thorough job of searching... I so much feel I / we need to go there and together search again!!! He's GOT to be there, somewhere! I'm in Virginia, so this is likely not going to happen, but just what I keep thinking about! Sorry for the rant! :)
ITA! I’m only 1 1/2 hours away, but it’s all private land so there’s really not much we can do unless landowners agree to volunteers searching. I don’t think that’s likely, unfortunately.

ITA! I’m only 1 1/2 hours away, but it’s all private land so there’s really not much we can do unless landowners agree to volunteers searching. I don’t think that’s likely, unfortunately.
Most of those landowners aren't single owners - in other words, the land can be accessed for a multitude of reasons based on the easements, leases, sub-leases, mineral rights, hunting rights, etc. I don't think getting access to property is a significant impediment to searching..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆