TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He spins out on a road he probably was not familiar with. Going to fast and lost control and crashed. Why was he going so fast down a road he may had not known about to much or forgot about that spin out area. Heading home for Christmas with the family. Nothing unusual about that. Perhaps some kind of altercation with someone Perhaps a road rage incident, He was scared being chased. Trying to get away but he got caught... intersection of Magnolia Avenue and East Austin Street, and that’s where Jason’s digital footprint stops. It’s believed he continued on East Austin to Spruce Street, which turns into Salt Flat Road.

Im not interested in the weed any longer. And finding his clothes like that and belongings makes no sense. To take all that from the car only to leave the stuff 900 feet from the crash. But the cell is still in the car. Perhaps someone was looking for the cell, so not to be followed, and didn't find it in the back pack or his person to get rid of it. so they discarded his ;belongings and had him stripe to make sure it was not on him.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACTUAL UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

Last edited:
I have Snapchat and have an iPhone. I can turn off location service for my Snapchat app through the settings on my iPhone. I do not see anyone doing this unless they definitely did not want someone finding their location and in that event they would turn off location for their iPhone. Snapchat uses your location to determine your filters, which is the fun of Snapchat. Now you can turn off your Snapchat map so none of your Snapchat friends can see where you are but that is just for Snapchat and your friends. I do not know too many folks that use that feature but I am old(er) and so are most of my friends. Maybe the younger folks use this. MOO
I keep the location feature turned off on my Snapchat and I’m able to use filters. I never share my location with apps unless it’s absolutely necessary (like for weather and gps mostly) because The Social Dilemma really messed me up. :D

I'll try to answer that. The barbed wire fences are not that hard to get through or cross, so those wouldn't necessarily keep him in the roadway. I cross fences all the time when I'm hunting, etc. (with permission from the landowner). Also, there are numerous entrances off of SFR that go into oil fields. He may have turned off on one of those and wandered way out in the middle of a pasture somewhere, in which case the person driving by wouldn't have seen him.

Just wanted to add a thought. Being from the country, I’d carefully climb over a barbed wire fence during the day when I can see. But at night, with no light, and naked (presuming he was based on clothes found) with how male anatomy is especially (I don’t know how to put that more delicately)... OUCH! No way I’d attempt that. Of course, he could’ve been out of it and not thinking straight, but in that case I’d expect an “altered” person to likely leave behind some kind of blood on the fence. All MOO

Just wanted to add a thought. Being from the country, I’d carefully climb over a barbed wire fence during the day when I can see. But at night, with no light, and naked (presuming he was based on clothes found) with how male anatomy is especially (I don’t know how to put that more delicately)... OUCH! No way I’d attempt that. Of course, he could’ve been out of it and not thinking straight, but in that case I’d expect an “altered” person to likely leave behind some kind of blood on the fence. All MOO
ouch!
There were a couple of gates along that road too, some with cattle grids which are actually manageable if you stick to the sides.

Interesting that you asked that question...the cemetery is fairly dark at night, but most of the graves have glowing lights and decorations all over them. First time I drove by there at night it was a little spooky because you don't expect to see all those little glowing lights, but the lights don't really light up the cemetery that much. I've driven by there and seen a car or 2 in there occasionally...he may very well have stopped there.
The graveyard lights have become so popular of late that I just read last week about a man arrested in Frostproof, FL for stealing grave lights from five graves including the grave of one of the Frostproof victims killed last summer by TJ Wiggins. The man told the arresting officer he thought the lights were pretty. :eek:

I keep the location feature turned off on my Snapchat and I’m able to use filters. I never share my location with apps unless it’s absolutely necessary (like for weather and gps mostly) because The Social Dilemma really messed me up. :D
Yes you do still get filters. I should have been more clear. You just do not get filters local to your area. Snapchat uses location to determine your filters. If they do not know your location, you get standard filters. For instance, for some sports, you will get a filter for the local team. Or a filter with your town or county. Hope this makes sense.

I may have missed it, but why are some posters speculating about Valero? This is a block away from his last GPS location of E. Austin and Magnolia and I would think that would have been listed as E. Fannin St. and Magnolia.

I'm one of the posters who suggested this. And it's due to 2 primary factors:

1) the Valero is actually a scant 150' from that intersection;
2) the very real possibility of the imprecision of his Location Services at the time (due to one or more factors)

Just to throw this out there. My ex overdosed on prescribed pain pills and took off all his clothes and ran into our woods. Had to call an ambulance because he didn't know who I was and he was freaking out and fighting me. Hence, this is why he is an ex because this was the last straw.

Just to throw this out there. My ex overdosed on prescribed pain pills and took off all his clothes and ran into our woods. Had to call an ambulance because he didn't know who I was and he was freaking out and fighting me. Hence, this is why he is an ex because this was the last straw.
Yikes! So sorry you had to deal with that.

You are correct.

My interest in the tower is regarding any potential calls from other cell phones in the area, not Jason’s.
I pulled up a list of them near that junction.. it's upthread a bit.. ( I still do not know how to find old posts)
It was the night before the presser, we got some information.

You are correct.

My interest in the tower is regarding any potential calls from other cell phones in the area, not Jason’s.

I pulled up a list of them near that junction.. it's upthread a bit.. ( I still do not know how to find old posts)
It was the night before the presser, we got some information.

Just a reminder that cell towers themselves are pretty much sacred without a warrant (since 2018). I think LE more reliant on third-party apps now for location. As for the call history dump, I don't know that LE did not obtain that info already.

Know Your Rights: Can Law Enforcement Obtain Cell Tower Information To Determine A Person's Location

Just a reminder that cell towers themselves are pretty much sacred without a warrant (since 2018). I think LE more reliant on third-party apps now for location. As for the call history dump, I don't know that LE did not obtain that info already.

Know Your Rights: Can Law Enforcement Obtain Cell Tower Information To Determine A Person's Location
Thanks @Seattle1, I had not known that.
I reckon they probably did.
I'm wondering how the search is going and how they are tackling it this time..

This thought is probably a whole lot of nothing, but whenever it’s discussed about an injury causing JL to suffer from extreme heat hence the removal of clothes...just my weird personal experience (most of my personal experiences are weird it seems).

I had a four level fusion in my neck in 2012. Pretty major surgery and looong recovery. After I was home, of course I slept a good part of the time, but got up for some water. Suddenly I was overcome by a wave of heat like being in the blast furnace of hell. I’ve never felt anything like it before or since. I had bags of ice on my head and in my armpits and I truly believed I was cooking from the inside out. If it had been winter I honestly would’ve stripped naked and found the nearest snow bank to bury myself in.

Point of my blathering on is, I know we’ve talked a lot about possible head injuries, but I wonder if instead it was a neck injury, ie. severe whiplash, etc.? I was fine as far as walking, moving, I just couldn’t make the heat stop. I am wondering if neck injury could explain how JL could have walked farther than we think (but barefoot ouch), hence not within the radius searched.

Just a thought I can’t get over my head. Weird personal story over.
MOO

This thought is probably a whole lot of nothing, but whenever it’s discussed about an injury causing JL to suffer from extreme heat hence the removal of clothes...just my weird personal experience (most of my personal experiences are weird it seems).

I had a four level fusion in my neck in 2012. Pretty major surgery and looong recovery. After I was home, of course I slept a good part of the time, but got up for some water. Suddenly I was overcome by a wave of heat like being in the blast furnace of hell. I’ve never felt anything like it before or since. I had bags of ice on my head and in my armpits and I truly believed I was cooking from the inside out. If it had been winter I honestly would’ve stripped naked and found the nearest snow bank to bury myself in.

Point of my blathering on is, I know we’ve talked a lot about possible head injuries, but I wonder if instead it was a neck injury, ie. severe whiplash, etc.? I was fine as far as walking, moving, I just couldn’t make the heat stop. I am wondering if neck injury could explain how JL could have walked farther than we think (but barefoot ouch), hence not within the radius searched.

Just a thought I can’t get over my head. Weird personal story over.
MOO
Really good thinking!
We never even considered whiplash!

Supposing it was an injury that caused a high temperature quite rapidly after receiving it- he was tracked to a pond..
The pond was drained, he was not there.
Where is the next nearest pond because it's possible he received temporary relief from the first one but the temperature shot up again soon afterwards..
he was in the dark... possibly hallucinating.. possibly injured too...
need to find the next nearest pond...

Really good thinking!
We never even considered whiplash!

Supposing it was an injury that caused a high temperature quite rapidly after receiving it- he was tracked to a pond..
The pond was drained, he was not there.
Where is the next nearest pond because it's possible he received temporary relief from the first one but the temperature shot up again soon afterwards..
he was in the dark... possibly hallucinating.. possibly injured too...
need to find the next nearest pond...
Thanks kitty. Glad my rambling post might be helpful in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361