TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by California Sunset, Dec 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orso49

Orso49 Well-Known Member

I have tried to find whether or not they completely drained the pond where the dogs alerted, but I think they only partially drained it. Is it possible Jason is in that pond? Very confusing information, but could he one in there?

2. renarde

renarde Well-Known Member

3. renarde

4. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

Yes, I've wondered this too. Farm ponds can have a lot of junk tossed into them such as barbed wire and old cars and equipment. His corpse could have been trapped by junk.

5. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

Where in the world could he have gone? This reminds me so much of the case of Brandon Lawson, Brandon Swanson, Tyler Davis. How are they not found yet?

6. renarde

7. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

I have been reading back over the threads trying to recognize assumptions that were made and that have sort of stuck. One is that he stripped all his clothes off because they were found along side the road and because in the selfie he took right before leaving he was wearing the pink shirt. But, what if right after that selfie, before leaving, he changed into something warmer and stuffed the pink shirt, shorts etc. into his back pack or threw them into the front seat of his car to wear later at home.
    Were those clothes on the passenger side or driver side of the road heading north, same question for a car heading south?

8. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

#JUSTICE4WILDER, misgrn, Rolo and 5 others like this.
  9. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I believe they did.

10. ethereal*22

ethereal*22 Well-Known Member

I’m sure it’s already been mentioned or compared, but this reminds me of Bryce Laspisa. I’m not familiar with the other (young men?) above, but I think of Bryce often. JL’s disappearance is eerily similar to me. MOO.

11. Yesiamapirate

Yesiamapirate Well-Known Member

This happened in Michigan last night. Relevant in my opinion because one of my leading theories is that Jason walked away from the crash either to find help and got lost OR became disoriented and hid? Hard to say and I will agree that this situation is much different but kind of caught my attention.
    Suspected drunken driver, passenger found hiding in bushes after crash

momsof3, Rolo, fcavanaugh and 3 others like this.
  12. HelpingHeart

HelpingHeart Well-Known Member

Yes, Bryce too!

Rolo, Flicka1, ethereal*22 and 3 others like this.
  13. renarde

DeDee, 8th Bob-White, Rolo and 11 others like this.
  14. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Well, now the auction is no longer posted on their site, even though they last pushed the date out to 3/20. I wonder what this means if the auction has ended before it started live? People were bidding, I saw the numbers change. It went from $125 to $150 last I looked (maybe yesterday).

Rolo, Flicka1, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  15. carterkatt

carterkatt Well-Known Member

And Shane Fell, missing from Louisiana....

16. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

Here's my guess as to what happened that night., granted this is from experience in Ohio rather than Texas, but my bet is the process is very similar.
    If you have an accident outside city limits, the responsible agency is the county sheriff, unless a township or other jurisdiction has a police force. If an injury is reported, a local municipality might respond but they would have no investigatory powers.
    The sheriff may be a small office and have few, if any, deputies on duty late at night. In that case, the response falls to the highway patrol (DPS in Texas) if they can get there before a deputy. Obviously there was no deputy to respond (or was busy elsewhere) so the state agency was dispatched. My guess is it's one person covering a very large area and, frankly, a no known injury accident not obstructing traffic is going to be lower priority that any other accident. The officer's time at the scene was probably limited because there were other calls coming in. It's probably likely the officer left that scene for another call ASAP.

17. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

EXCLUSIVE: 'Someone has to know something' parents of missing Texas State student speak

I don’t know who you are, and I don’t really care. All I care about is my son, and we want to know what happened, and we want to know where he is and if you know that, you need to come forward. We set up an anonymous line. Don’t care about retribution or revenge. What I care about is my son. That’s all we want. We want our boy home,” says Landry. “Do the right thing. This has to have been laying on your heart, to be doing it from the inside, to know something. If you have known this piece of information, it’s got to be gnawing you from the inside, so I’m just asking you to let it out, make one phone call. Let us know where our boy is.”

*Call the anonymous tip line: 726-777-1359 if you have any information regarding Jason Landry.

(I took it upon myself to add some of the correct punctuation and capitalize some letters. That quote was a run-on sentence, and made it difficult to read. Geez, what happened to journalism integrity?)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  18. Kaie

Kaie Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's possible that no-one knows anything if this is a case of hypothermia, and terminal burrowing has something to do with why Jason hasn't yet been found.

19. NancySap

NancySap Active Member

Dear God, please bring Jason back to his loving family!

DeDee, Rolo, misgrn and 16 others like this.
  20. SimplyCass

SimplyCass Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this has to do with Snapchat. In the Loudan interview KL said that he could see messages coming in on Jason's phone but couldn't open them as he didn't have the passcode. AFAIK nobody's stepped forward as the one that Jason was messaging that night. And the court warrants can take up to 22 months.

I believe it's the only part of the case that hasn't been thoroughly dissected - simply due to a lack of info. It would at least tell us more of his state of mind, but it likely wouldn't shed light on his whereabouts.

Rolo, misgrn, MadMcGoo and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.