TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchers have covered more than 36,000 acres, but no sign of missing Texas State student

Efforts to find missing Texas State University student Jason Landry have spanned months and acres of land across Caldwell County but have been unsuccessful.

A group of more than 100 volunteers with Texas Search and Rescue, an Austin-based first responder nonprofit, has executed ground and aerial searches spanning 57.2 square miles or 36,608 acres over several searches since December.

All data and information collected from the search have been submitted to the Caldwell County sheriff’s office, the group said. Authorities will take the information gathered, including extensive aerial photography from drones, and use that to determine the next steps in the search for Landry.
I don't think he is there.
I can't shake this feeling.
I would like more detail on where exactly his tracks stopped, that's very vague still..
I'd also like to know more about any other vehicles that travelled that road regularly.

57.2 square miles. Wow. I guess it's time to consider him wandering away from the car alone as being slightly less probable now and to put more weight on some of the other theories, even as unlikely as they seem.

I still think it's the strongest possibility. There are some cases (although I cannot name any offhand) where the body is found close to the last known area but not for years.

The one thing that I have questions about - that I'm not satisfied with the current theory - is how the "digital trail" ended at that intersection but the phone was still on/transmitting signal at the crash site. It still doesn't add up. Phones just do not stop transmitting like that, especially since the authorities have all the other info about his route up to that point.

I still think it's the strongest possibility. There are some cases (although I cannot name any offhand) where the body is found close to the last known area but not for years.

The one thing that I have questions about - that I'm not satisfied with the current theory - is how the "digital trail" ended at that intersection but the phone was still on/transmitting signal at the crash site. It still doesn't add up. Phones just do not stop transmitting like that, especially since the authorities have all the other info about his route up to that point.
This one is a good example:

Selena Not Afraid: Missing girl's body found near Montana rest area

Her friends said she ran off into the field at the rest stop, exactly where they found her body after searching it multiple times before.

She died of hypothermia.

Is it not that the digital trail ended because the phone was switched off or turned itself off when it got stuck?
Is it not that the battery still had life when Kent found it next morning?
The phone didn't lose signal because the battery died, in other words.
I wish I knew what family and investigators are thinking.

rsbm
I agree, it's still by far the strongest possibility. But Texas Equusearch and TexSAR are well regarded search organizations and have both come up with nothing in their efforts. To consider any of the other possibilities more seriously we really need more info coming from social media / phone search warrants or someone coming forward who was on Snapchat with JL.

I don't think the phone stopped transmitting. He stopped using it. MOO

I don't think the phone stopped transmitting. He stopped using it. MOO
Yes, I think that's what they meant.
Not that the phone stopped working or was turned off, but that any interaction with the phone ended.

Someone asking the person who made the statement exactly what they meant by "digital trail" would help.

A theory I've been pondering is that someone was chasing him due to some type of altercation and caused him to crash. I think he may have been sitting in his car and someone stopped to help him, offered to take him to get help. Either there was an altercation or the person had bad intentions but they would've had to have a weapon to get power over him. I don't think he undressed from bad weed or hypothermia. Was there even time for hypothermia to set in? I'm looking side eye at anyone driving down that road including all oil workers and the VFF. MOO

How would that tell when he crashed if the phone was between the seat around 11:24?

it should have pinged several times from the area in SFR, just like how LE built the timeline from other pings on his drive home. And it can't be a complete cellular dead zone as KL made calls from that area just hours later.

Yes, I think that's what they meant.
Not that the phone stopped working or was turned off, but that any interaction with the phone ended.

Someone asking the person who made the statement exactly what they meant by "digital trail" would help.

I totally agree. I’d love for LE to explain exactly what they mean by digital footprint/tracking. I believe it’s a term that can easily (and innocently) be used incorrectly.

I feel that being explained and more info on Jason opening up Snapchat at the intersection would be VERY helpful. MOO

They stop transmitting when the user stops using them. Hence me thinking whatever happened, the start was at that intersection by the park (across the street from where he would have turned right had he been going to his parents or friends house).

57.2 square miles. Wow. I guess it's time to consider him wandering away from the car alone as being slightly less probable now and to put more weight on some of the other theories, even as unlikely as they seem.
You are reading my mind.
I was just thinking this same thing after reading the search update.
Unless he is down underneath a slope or tree and covered with leaves or something, I can't figure out why they have not found him in the area yet.
So now I need to go back to a few of my first thoughts.

1. He never left his college/work area due to something nefarious happening to him and someone else took his vehicle and drove it, wrecked it, left clothes scattered to make it seem like it was Jason...
Look here (accident site) not there (back at college)

2. It was Jason driving and something happened at the intersection.
Road rage?? Someone ran him off the road ??
Drag racing, he loses control, has accident, other car drives off ?
A meet up gone bad ???

3. He was driving but either had someone he knows following him to pick him up or he was picked up while walking away from accident by someone unknown.
After that, well, I have no idea what could have happened.
A deliberate run away, get away from life stresses ???
A stranger saw him walking and stopped and offered a ride and something happened ??

I still kind of feel he is out there and just not in an area easily found.
JMO

Last edited:
So LE got the timeline from his phone pings?

I don't believe they did, though I could be wrong. It is unfortunately not clear when and under what circumstances that Google (which owns Waze) would hand over such data. I assumed some kind of warrant was needed since such info isn't shared or publicly listed on a Waze profile.

You are reading my mind.
I was just thinking this same thing after reading the search update.
Unless he is down underneath a slope or tree and covered with leaves or something, I can't figure out why they have not found him in the area yet.
So now I need to go back to a few of my first thoughts.

1. He never left his college/work area due to something nefarious happening to him and someone else took his vehicle and drove it, wrecked it, left clothes scattered to make it seem like it was Jason...
Look here (accident site) not there (back at college)

2. It was Jason driving and something happened at the intersection.
Road rage?? Someone ran him off the road ??
Drag racing, he loses control, has accident, other car drives off ?
A meet up gone bad ???

3. He was driving but either had someone he knows following him to pick him up or he was picked up while walking away from accident by someone unknown.
After that, well, I have no idea what could have happened.
A deliberate run away, get away from life stresses ???
A stranger saw him walking and stopped and offered a ride and something happened ??

I still kind of feel he is out there and just not in an area easily found.
JMO
#1 What about the fish, would that person have taken his fish? Maybe?
#2 Seems he would have turned right into a more populated area where there were more people about.
#3 This makes most sense to me of the three.
MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member