TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by California Sunset, Dec 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

It's also possible the church cameras are only dummy cams -- hoping to deter/discourage crime.

We know the traffic light camera at the intersection E. Austin/Magnolia is no longer in service pursuant to TX House Bill 1631 which the Governor signed into law in June 2019, prohibiting their use.

Gov. Greg Abbott signs red light camera ban into law

Rolo, misgrn, steeltowngirl and 9 others like this.

2. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

That would sure suck. I hadn't thought about dummy cams. A missed opportunity if that's the case.

Rolo, misgrn, mlhenn and 6 others like this.
  3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

There are a number of drugs with which cannabis can be laced, that cause undressing. Flakka is the new one, but meth and PCP are also fairly common as additives.

I think he lost track of his phone when the accident occurred. It slipped between/underneath the front seat. Most people would take the time to find it and use it, in that situation.

Something unusual was going on.

DeDee, GDUD, Kittybunny and 15 others like this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

The Luling Newsboy & Signal is the town's weekly newspaper published every Thursday. Feb 11, 2021 edition states "Landry Search Returns to Original Crash Site." Unfortunately, the text is too small to read, and enlarging the page blurs the text. Perhaps this story available elsewhere(?)...
    Luling Newsboy & Signal

Also, the following link to the archived paper is a legible copy for information purposes only (i.e., an FYI for example of the town size, services, and typical news).

http://archives.etypeservices.com/Luling1/Magazine260628/Publication/Magazine260628.pdf

Rolo, misgrn, mlhenn and 6 others like this.
  5. Ms. Fletcher

Ms. Fletcher Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen reference to KL or anyone removing a phone mount from the car? The pics from the salvage yard do not show one. If he didn't have any kind of phone mount, I would have to guess that he placed it in the opening just in front of the shifter when not in use. From that position, with a significant collision to the back of the vehicle, I could very easily see the phone ending up between the seat and the console.

I don’t believe the phone was dropped at the intersection. I think it ended up there at the time of the accident.

He may have searched for it unsuccessfully, not having any idea where it had gone. If he had dropped it at the intersection, it wouldn't make sense that he didn't retrieve it, as he would know where it was.

Rolo, misgrn, fcavanaugh and 7 others like this.
  6. renarde

renarde Well-Known Member

I can get Google to turn the flashlight on (or off), on my Android phone, just by saying "Okay Google, turn on flashlight." I use this all the time, like when I get home and need to see the keyhole (and the key) to my front door when it's dark. If I dropped my phone in my car and couldn't find it, I'd pull over and look. I might ask Google to turn on the phone's flashlight.

I believe you can use voice commands to do all sorts of things like that... even dial 911.

I wonder if Jason tried to use voice commands, to find his phone.

The phone "lost" in the car is so perplexing.

Attached Files:

Rolo, Limecat, TheRaven and 8 others like this.
  7. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Agreed. Something unusual was going on.

IMO, Jason would have been safer in his car, than venturing out on foot. If the lights were on, I'm assuming his heat would have worked. The car might have been undrivable, but he could have been warm and out of the elements. He had the shelter of his car. He decided to leave on foot, then he undressed.

He had just been using his phone recently, it was working. Even if it was wedged in the seat, he had to know it was still in the car, somewhere. Yet, he did not call for help following the accident. Not sure if he looked for it or not.

I'm concerned about his state of mind in general and would be with or without the recovered weed from his belongings.

IMO

Rolo, misgrn, pillywiggin and 9 others like this.
  8. SnowAngels

SnowAngels Active Member

It seems that it being “lost” could have been a result from the crash. And because of his disorientation from either the crash or a substance all of a sudden coming into effect, he was not thinking clearly to look for it or find it. Or maybe didn’t take it with him on purpose?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Rolo, misgrn, jellybean96 and 9 others like this.
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^rsbm
    I believe JL's state of mind-- together with the tragic accident on a cold winter's night, will be deemed the cause of JL's demise.

I hope for his recovery ASAP for the sake of his family and friends. Nothing could be worse than this state of limbo -- not knowing.

MOO

10. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Here's the weird thing to me in regards to when his phone ended up where it did... he doesn't drive without the aid of Waze (would drive it into a wall if Waze directed him to per his father)... yet that car was obviously going in a wrong direction (dark, no houses, gravel road, clearly not the place to be). If it lodged between the seats at the time of the accident... why did a digitally addicted person not have a digital footprint for 67 minutes? Why did he not turn Waze back on after he SnapChatted at the intersection? He couldn't find his way out of a box without it! lol Something is just not right here.

11. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

BBM. Totally agree, however, this assumes that Jason was the driver of the car. He might not have been. The crash may have been staged. I feel something happened at the intersection in town by the park where his last digital footprint was.

12. Mandrew

Mandrew Well-Known Member

Perhaps he didn't want to have a digital footprint.

#JUSTICE4WILDER, Rolo, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  13. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

A simple explanation for Waze being turned off, he reached his destination and he no longer needed the app open. It's odd to me that road was his intended destination, but maybe it actually was.

I'm someone that turns off my navigation app as soon as it's no longer needed. The voice (no matter the selection) and constant interruption of the navigation irritates me. I can't wait to close it. IMO

GDUD, Rellabella, KaJo87 and 10 others like this.
  14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I think the phone became out of reach and lost to JL during the accident. I also think JL was kicking back on the dark road to indulge just before getting on HI-10, and did not use his phone during those 67 mins in question -- possibly because of lack of signal. I suspect we will one day learn that there's evidence that JL took a smoke break-- info that was not otherwise released to MSM.

MOO

15. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Could be true.

Rolo, misgrn and Flicka1 like this.
  16. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

I agree. I've stated this before. I believe the area of that park was the destination that evening which is why Waze was no longer used. It's likely why he then Snapped with someone at that particular point. Waiting his next instruction or destination via SnapMap? This would mean they wouldn't want anyone to know where that destination was as Snap's posts delete shortly after viewing.

Rolo, happyday, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  17. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

I don't think he'd need to go that far down that road (5 miles) just to indulge. JMO

DeDee, Rolo, happyday and 5 others like this.
  18. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Or wasn't able to have one.

Rolo, happyday, misgrn and 2 others like this.
  19. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Wow. I didn't realize he was 5 miles down that road.

Rolo, happyday, misgrn and 2 others like this.
  20. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

This is a real possibility I hadn't thought of and would explain no digital footprint. If he met someone at the park and they decided to take a drive to smoke some weed, they would be talking while driving and no reason to be on his phone. I couldn't envision a scenario that involved another person but meeting at the park makes sense.
    I doubt the accident was intentional. The other person had a phone and called for help explaining why his scent stopped in the road. Maybe he overdosed, met with foul play, or was kidnapped by a cult. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.