TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by California Sunset, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

I am sure Jason's father knows so much more than we do about his state of mind, whether he was returning to school for this semester ( grades, acceptance to the program he wanted, etc.) his friends and yet he persists in believing that someone else may be involved. He hasn't said he suspects foul play, only that he thinks someone else may be involved.

If the accident was staged, it has served the purpose of keeping the focus there on Salt Flat Road and not elsewhere. MOO MOO MOO

2. BRains55

BRains55 Member

<modsnip>
    This has been my theory also...for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021
  3. BRains55

BRains55 Member

Makes me SMH. Exactly, shouldn't they have already checked that out by now...almost 5 months later? I have not been impressed with LE in this case. #DroppedtheBall

4. BRains55

BRains55 Member

And this new news of requesting a geo fence around the area at the time of his disappearance isn't going to come too fast either from telecommunication companies.

jellybean96, mlhenn, happyday and 3 others like this.
  5. BRains55

BRains55 Member

Agreed, I found that comment odd----It does not appear to be a high profile case IMO.

jellybean96, happyday, Gemmie and 3 others like this.
  6. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Yepper re: keeping the focus on SFR. I think they're looking in the wrong place. It's too bad since a lot of time, effort, and money went into it.

7. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

It's more like they kicked the ball into thick bushes hoping no one would ever find it. I'm SMH too. I haven't thought much of LE's handling of this case from the get-go. I'm still wondering why a car that was NOT blocking the road was towed away so quickly. Especially when articles of clothing, etc., were seen on their body cams that night. What was the rush?

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  8. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

<modsnip>

<modsnip> Here on WS we're supposed to back fact with an approved source link, or state it as our opinion. It's hard to tell from your post, @BRains55, if the media, Kent Landry, or LE reported this, or if your source is social media (which isn't supposed to be discussed on this site as it's rumor).

I'd love to know which it is because that would not only be very big news indeed, but could change how some of us perceive things to have gone down that night if this is indeed fact and not social media rumor (which could still be true, but can't be accepted as such unless it's from a reliable source). Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021
  9. Kismet7

Kismet7 Well-Known Member

Yes. I hate to insinuate something more nefarious could be at play here, but I would be lying if I said it hasn't crossed my mind.

Rolo, Fortune Cookie, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  10. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Towing the car sooooooo quickly in the middle of the night bothers me too. At first I chalked it up to tow operator being bored at that hour and just getting on it. But why did they feel the need to call immediately? Didn’t they call before the main LE officer arrived on the scene?

TheRaven, Rolo, kelsie and 12 others like this.
  11. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

It seems plausible to me that the car got tagged for towing, and because of slow business, an enterprising tower got there quick, to get the job. Greener times, it might've still been there beyond the morning.

I don't know that LE noticed the clothing. Probably only verified it be reviewing body cam footage after the fact.

It's hugely unfortunate the event got recorded, it would seem, as an abandoned car, no further action needed, besides the call for the tow.

Car door open (or was it just unlocked), lights on had to be peculiar.

I think of the only time I left a car roadside. Engine died not a halfmile from a salvage yard. I left a note, locked the doors and called my dad for a ride home.

Jason left his vehicle in such a way it's almost like he intended to return to it. To get his phone, turn the lights off, lock it...

So what happened????

IMO the fish remains the greatest clue. Jason expected his fish to live and I think that means JASON intended to live. He was bringing his fish SOMEWHERE.

Something unplanned, therefore, must have happened.

JMO

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    DeDee, swedeheart, Rolo and 19 others like this.
  12. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

Hmmmm... I don't recall it being reported that the car door was left open.

And I agree about the fish. He was bringing it somewhere (a friends house first (MOO), then his parents for the holiday after his sister arrived (per his dad in the Lordanarts interview). I just believe he was making a stop in the middle of the night, BEFORE continuing on to his friend's house, and that stop was at the park in Luling where his digital footprint ends. Hence he stopping Waze and turning on Snap.

What I don't know is who was driving the car down SFR. It could have been Jason but then again, it could have been someone else ditching the car down a long, gravel road because something bad happened, whether planned or not, back at the park in Luling. It doesn't answer where Jason is but if it's the latter, I'm thinking the search was done in the wrong place and he's not out around SFR.

Obviously all MOO.

13. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

How in the world did a fish in a jar survive the the swerving, fishtailing kind of wreck that happened without falling over and spilling in the car, then was carried down the road by a staggering. running man and then fall over when it was placed on the road, not dropped because it would have shattered?

jenn83, Denisedyann, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  14. Gemmie

Gemmie Clam dip nose

I'm guessing there was a lid on it to prevent spillage. That doesn't mean it survived the wreck. It could have been unknowingly carried onto the road deceased, thinking it was still alive.

15. ForensicToxicologist

ForensicToxicologist “People lie. Evidence doesn’t.”

It had been reported early on (you’ll have to go back to the first thread) that responders ran over the tumbler the fish was in. I presume this is what spilled the water and killed it. Several tumblers have very tight fitting lids (think yeti style) so it doesn’t shock me that it didn’t spill during the wreck.

DeDee, swedeheart, Rolo and 15 others like this.
  16. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

That is correct.

17. jondaba

jondaba Well-Known Member

Flicka1 and MsBetsy like this.
  18. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Are there any MSM articles containing thoughts/interviews from his friends? His roommates?

DeDee, Flicka1, fred&edna and 3 others like this.
  19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

The above post I quoted is what his father actually said regarding Jason’s clothing. It was in the interview.
    I did not put quotation marks around ‘clothing was scattered throughout the street’ because the author of the article didn’t use them there. That part of the article was not a direct quote from Jason’s father nor my own impression.

dcfi224, darring21, jondaba and 3 others like this.
  20. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

There is a scanner post for this case in the scanner thread.