TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason possesses a pleasant facial expression. There's a statement on the new billboard that reads:

Last SUPPOSED Location

San Marcos/Luling

This is the first time I ever considered Jason never left San Marcos. Isn't that what the billboard message implies? That gives the case a whole new slant. Do they, the Family and PI, suspect Jason didn't drive his car down Salt Flat Rd bc somebody else did?
Do they suspect the clothing and other items in the road were staged?
Authorities did not treat his car as if it were a possible crime scene.
Except wasn’t his home address plugged into Waze? I mean, it’s possible whoever staged it could have gotten into his phone and done that, then have driven the car along the Waze route and then detoured onto SFR, but it just seems like a lot to do. But I do agree that rethinking things at this point can’t hurt!

Except wasn’t his home address plugged into Waze? I mean, it’s possible whoever staged it could have gotten into his phone and done that, then have driven the car along the Waze route and then detoured onto SFR, but it just seems like a lot to do. But I do agree that rethinking things at this point can’t hurt!
I personally don't think it started from his apartment. I think he used Waze to get as far as Luling and something happened there. That would be why his parents address was in it. I've also brought up in an earlier post that I don't believe he was going to his parents house first, but a friend's house was his endpoint that evening. He didn't have his friend's address memorized, but knew how to get there once he got close to his parents house (or perhaps knew he needed to turn at some point before he got to his parents). I've done that were I don't know the address to where I'm going, but I know it's on the way to some address that I do know.

If someone abducted Jason then staged the car accident scene ... then they have to be respected for the detail and the drama of that site.
With the criticism on other sites of incompetent/ignorant local LEO and the corruption of the VFF it is highly unlikely that they could have staged such a complex scenario.
I still advocate for the simplest event: his father reported that Jason would drive thru a wall if his eMap led him there, he was in a comprised mood when he started driving per his friends video, the disorientation of driving on a gravel road in total darkness fatigued from the stress of finals.
Complex opinions want to remove responsibility from Jason. As adorable as Jason is he is still a college kid experimenting with drugs, musing about enlightenment.
He is a kid who made a mistake.
I would never victim shame but the facts are that Jason was so, in his friends own words “messed up that night” he recorded the call because he felt Jason wouldn’t even remember it. While saying the backpack was “filled with narcotics “ isn’t correct, he did have a small amount of marijuana in his backpack. I get it, he’s a preacher’s kid and that’s not what any parent wants others to find out about. But, if it was my son, I would want to know the truth if he was using recreational drugs especially if he was the victim of a crime or went missing under suspicious circumstances. I would want to know the pecking order of where the drugs came from.

I would never victim shame but the facts are that Jason was so, in his friends own words “messed up that night” he recorded the call because he felt Jason wouldn’t even remember it. While saying the backpack was “filled with narcotics “ isn’t correct, he did have a small amount of marijuana in his backpack. I get it, he’s a preacher’s kid and that’s not what any parent wants others to find out about. But, if it was my son, I would want to know the truth if he was using recreational drugs especially if he was the victim of a crime or went missing under suspicious circumstances. I would want to know the pecking order of where the drugs came from.
Do you see any contradiction in his driving to from San Marcos to Luling without incident (as far as we know) and his friend saying he was "messed up" before he left?

This has come up before and I am wondering about his true state of impairment and how we could ascertain that. What did his friend think he had taken that day?

Other than the joints he rolled, what facts are known about his drug use?

Could his excessive sweating seen in the video have caused him to undress? Was that potentially unrelated to drugs?

Do we know for sure the clothes in the road are what he traveled in that night? I've always wondered why he was so underdressed for the cold.

What do you mean by "pecking order" & why could knowing that help?

While I am responding to your post, I welcome answers and insight from anyone. I am not trying to be rude. These are questions I have had for a long time.

It is all so sad. I hope he will be found soon.

MOO

Do you see any contradiction in his driving to from San Marcos to Luling without incident (as far as we know) and his friend saying he was "messed up" before he left?

This has come up before and I am wondering about his true state of impairment and how we could ascertain that. What did his friend think he had taken that day?

Could his excessive sweating seen in the video have caused him to undress? Was that potentially unrelated to drugs?

Do we know for sure the clothes in the road are what he traveled in that night? I've always wondered why he was so underdressed for the cold.

While I am responding to your post, I welcome answers and insight from anyone. I am not trying to be rude. These are questions I have had for a long time.

MOO

Precisely what the friend knew or suspected has not really been 'released' - by that I mean the complete statement or interview or anything. Only a summary. I'm guessing the friend probably was alarmed or thought it was extremely unusual, since the friend didn't know that using the built-in screen recording during a call disables the sound (Apple feature, I don't think you can disable). So even the friend had to recall from memory what was said, so a summary of a summary.

I know LE was testing the marijuana in a lab, but I don't think results of it have not been released. But I think the most useful aspect of such a test - what some had speculated or thought - was whether it was laced with something bad or unexpected. but, IMO, since he was rolling/making his own, I don't think that happened.

IMO, he wasn't underdressed. He was expecting to be in the car the entire time, and Texas weather is mild (though it was extremely cold that night). He also didn't bring any other laundry with him.

The big question mark for me is this: Jason's father says that Jason told him he was going to leave at 8 p.m. or so. to drive home. But Jason he didn't leave until close to 11 p.m. for a three-hour drive - a drive that he had only done once before, and never at night. I guess my question is: when did the call end? Why the delay? Would waiting a couple of hours make Jason sober up/be less impaired? Even if that wasn't true, is it an 'urban legend' or 'myth' that it would work?

Precisely what the friend knew or suspected has not really been 'released' - by that I mean the complete statement or interview or anything. Only a summary. I'm guessing the friend probably was alarmed or thought it was extremely unusual, since the friend didn't know that using the built-in screen recording during a call disables the sound (Apple feature, I don't think you can disable). So even the friend had to recall from memory what was said, so a summary of a summary.

I know LE was testing the marijuana in a lab, but I don't think results of it have not been released. But I think the most useful aspect of such a test - what some had speculated or thought - was whether it was laced with something bad or unexpected. but, IMO, since he was rolling/making his own, I don't think that happened.

IMO, he wasn't underdressed. He was expecting to be in the car the entire time, and Texas weather is mild (though it was extremely cold that night). He also didn't bring any other laundry with him.

The big question mark for me is this: Jason's father says that Jason told him he was going to leave at 8 p.m. or so. to drive home. But Jason he didn't leave until close to 11 p.m. for a three-hour drive - a drive that he had only done once before, and never at night. I guess my question is: when did the call end? Why the delay? Would waiting a couple of hours make Jason sober up/be less impaired? Even if that wasn't true, is it an 'urban legend' or 'myth' that it would work?

My recollection of the circumstances of Jason's drive is that he had no intention of going to his parents house that night or the next couple of nights. His plan was to stay at his friends house and play video games. His parents weren't expecting him that night. If that is not correct, can someone please clarify?

^^rsbm

Respectfully, OP's claim that Jason told his dad he was leaving at 8pm to drive home to the Houston area is contrary to all that's been reported and cited by KL on various YT interviews.
Please link this claim if we are wrong. Thank you.

^^rsbm

Respectfully, OP's claim that Jason told his dad he was leaving at 8pm to drive home to the Houston area is contrary to all that's been reported and cited by KL on various YT interviews.
Please link this claim if we are wrong. Thank you.

EPISODE 312: Jason Landry — The Vanished Podcast

At around 17:00 or so. Actually i was slightly incorrect on that - KL says that Jason told a friend that he was planning on leaving around 8:00-8:30 pm.

MOO
In the video Jason could be seen rolling blunts and I think some of those were found in the backpack. And it was mentioned in another news account about him sweating profusely in the video and then something causing him to undress in very cold temps. I would think that being high on some drugs could cause sweating, maybe from accelerating the heart rate. Almost like exercising- again just my guess. I think I read somewhere that the t-shirt he's wearing in the video is the one that was found in the road. And that he did have a jacket with him, but it was found in the backseat of the car.

And I think that what has baffled everyone, is that he drove (or we assume he did or that it was him) without incident to Luling and then missed the turn to get to I-10. I read where he had driven the route correctly once before. Did he drive it during the day or at night?

By "pecking order" I mean wanting to know the supply chain of where those drugs came from. As in who did Jason get them from and so on down the line. If he was the victim of a crime and the whole accident was staged could it have been something drug related, like someone had a grudge or someone was owed money. In other words, could someone in the supply chain of the drugs have information that could lead to finding Jason?

These are all my thoughts after studying this case and reading everything about it that I can get my hands on.

LE did release the test results of the mj—there was nothing but weed in it. I don’t have time to go look for the link at the moment, but I remember they did.

My recollection of the circumstances of Jason's drive is that he had no intention of going to his parents house that night or the next couple of nights. His plan was to stay at his friends house and play video games. His parents weren't expecting him that night. If that is not correct, can someone please clarify?
That is correct. Per Kent in one of the early videos (can't remember the name of the show that had him on) he and his brother were waiting for his sister to get there and she wasn't there yet. Per an earlier post of mine on that... I wouldn't blame the brothers as I wouldn't want to hang out at my parents house longer than necessary, especially at his age. Just sayin'. lol

Lastly, Kent had said in the same vid (I think), that they were not expecting him home that evening. He said that somewhere as I remember having convos here about it. I had huge doubts that he'd just appear at his parents home, unannounced in the middle of the night, so I never believed that his parents house was the end-point, just because their address was entering in Waze. It got him close enough to be able to get to his friends house without having his friends house memorized. It got him close enough to where he could get there on his own.

And I think that what has baffled everyone, is that he drove (or we assume he did or that it was him) without incident to Luling and then missed the turn to get to I-10. I read where he had driven the route correctly once before. Did he drive it during the day or at night?

[Snipped for focus]

Upthread it was said (don't know the source offhand) that he had driven it just once, solo, when he was going home for Thanksgiving, and that was during the day.

In the same Vanished episode, KL says that Jason's plans for gaming were entirely online. My interpretation of that is that Jason was not going to a friend's house.

IMO, he intended to go home because he had no change of clothes. He had toiletries with him, but no bag with clothes it in - no change of underwear or socks, no pajamas, no alternate day clothing.

Leaving at 8 p.m. to drive three hours to his parents' home isn't too abnormal. He'd be home by 11 p.m. My sisters would head back to their dorm/apt after dinner time (though, admittedly, that was only an hour away). Leaving at 11 p.m., though, makes me wonder.

At around 17:00 or so. Actually i was slightly incorrect on that - KL says that Jason told a friend that he was planning on leaving around 8:00-8:30 pm.
Thank you for that! This is the first I heard this interview with Kent.

The convo starts at 15:47, with Kent saying "8pm" @ 16:25. Here is my transcript of that part:

They were all planning on getting on, playing Call of Duty, or whatever they were going to play late at night. So, Jason was gonna stay at the apartment then I think his roommates were gonna be leaving or whatever, and he just decided to go ahead and leave and come home, to meet everybody online and play games together. He told his buddy that he planned on leaving around, closer to like 8, 8:30, but didn’t leave, obviously, till more like whatever it was. It would have been 11 which, for Jason, that’s not absolutely surprising.

Me again... but I have to say, with all due respect to Kent, that this is not the first time he has contradicted himself in later interviews. I can't find the previous post where I mentioned that once before or I'd post it here. I think he dwells on it so much (understandably) that the facts are getting jumbled in his head. He's human, after all, as we all are. :) But I have noticed 2 contradictions. There may be more.

Hey, @SimplyCass... since you pulled a rabbit out of a hat with your post and pinpointed time... can you do the same with the LourdanARTS interview where Kent said he was not expecting him home that night? LOL! :p Just kidding, but I'd be thrilled if someone had that info handy! lol

Last edited:

Yes, he did, but he also said he was coming home per my transcript of that part of the interview. Snippet from my post above:

he just decided to go ahead and leave and come home, to meet everybody online and play games together. He told his buddy that he planned on leaving around, closer to like 8, 8:30

ETA I still believe that Kent contradicted an earlier interview with LordanARTS where he said he was NOT expecting him home that night and that Jason and brother were waiting for their sister to arrive first (and she wasn't there yet).

Last edited:
I just went back to the dashcam video the night that Trooper Flores arrives on the scene after meeting the VFF and calls Jason's parents and is on the phone with his mother. He asked if she had been in contact with Jason that evening and she said no. I too have listened to several interviews with Kent and in one of them he said that Jason was going to play video games with his friends which was why he had his laptop and gaming equipment in the backpack. And just like Gemmie says above there are other interviews where he says they were not expecting him. I do remember from one interview with Kent that he left the Houston area around 2:30 AM and arrived at SFR, but his wife stayed behind in case Jason found a way home.

Everytime I watch that dashcam video and I've watched the whole thing as well as certain portions numerous times, I still get chills when Flores comes upon the Altima on the roadside, lights still shining, when he's on the phone with Jason's parents telling them about what happened and when the wrecker tows the Altima away. Its like being in the front seat of the LEA vehicle that night. Was Jason still alive and able to be found at that time? Where was he?

Thank you for that! This is the first I heard this interview with Kent.

The convo starts at 15:47, with Kent saying "8pm" @ 16:25. Here is my transcript of that part:

They were all planning on getting on, playing Call of Duty, or whatever they were going to play late at night. So, Jason was gonna stay at the apartment then I think his roommates were gonna be leaving or whatever, and he just decided to go ahead and leave and come home, to meet everybody online and play games together. He told his buddy that he planned on leaving around, closer to like 8, 8:30, but didn’t leave, obviously, till more like whatever it was. It would have been 11 which, for Jason, that’s not absolutely surprising.

Me again... but I have to say, with all due respect to Kent, that this is not the first time he has contradicted himself in later interviews. I can't find the previous post where I mentioned that once before or I'd post it here. I think he dwells on it so much (understandably) that the facts are getting jumbled in his head. He's human, after all, as we all are. :) But I have noticed 2 contradictions. There may be more.

Hey, @SimplyCass... since you pulled a rabbit out of a hat with your post and pinpointed time... can you do the same with the LourdanARTS interview where Kent said he was not expecting him home that night? LOL! :p Just kidding, but I'd be thrilled if someone had that info handy! lol
WOOT WOOT! I found it!

So, you can see my transcript above (he just decided to go ahead and leave and come home, to meet everybody online and play games together. He told his buddy that he planned on leaving around, closer to like 8, 8:30,) from his convo on the Vanished Podcast dated 10/25/21 (almost 9 months after the LourdanARTS interview in early February). Podcast source thanks to @SimplyCass: EPISODE 312: Jason Landry — The Vanished Podcast

Compare that to what he says in the LourdanARTs video dated 2/5/21 (~8 months and 3 weeks BEFORE the podcast above where he's saying "he just decided to go ahead and leave and come home"). That was a direct contradiction to not only his earlier interview, but an interview shortly after Jason's disappearance:

Host: I know a lot of people in the Websleuths community were kinda confused by some comments that your wife Lisa had made in one of her early interviews about the case. Were you expecting him to actually come home that day?

Kent: Not that particular day. He hadn't told us yet. Uhm, Jason had just finished finals, and I know that, and I would say the same, I did the same, (mumble) and my kids in college, you know you don't, sometimes you go directly home, and immediately after finals, and sometimes you take a day or so, maybe hang out with friends or do something. He was still in that phase. So he was coming home, as to which day it was, you know, we didn't care. One of the particulars that maybe kinda really truly answers the question. His big sister, who is married and lives in Chicago, she was coming home for Christmas, and so both the brothers, frankly, both of whom are in college, uh, my 2 boys, were waiting till their sister came home. To be there for when their sister comes home for the whole family and until then we were just mom and dad at home waiting for the kids. So, you know, that was true for both the boys and, I don't care, you know. Christmas hadn't started for our family yet. For me, as a working pastor, Christmas is a busy season, so, we told the kids, hey, you know, come home when you're done with finals, and Christmas starts when the whole family is together. And you weren't there yet, so...

No mention of when she was arriving by father. However, this tells me that until they knew she had arrived, they weren’t going to be there (MOO). Reminds me of parties where no one wants to be first and hang out with just the hosts, (or your parents in this case), so they are ‘fashionably late’.

I copied the link to the LourdanARTS interview from the point they are discussing this (my transcription above).

So, with all due respect to Kent, I'm going to dismiss (in my brain, as there's too much rattling around in there) what he said in the October podcast. I'm more apt to believe what he said less than 2 months after his disappearance, in the February LourdanARTS interview, and that was that they were NOT expecting him home that night. The brothers were waiting on their sister to get there and she hadn't arrived yet. I really believe that time, and all the thinking he's put into this (likely 24/7, which includes your dreams), has altered the facts as he knew them. I said in an earlier post and will say it again... "He's human, after all, as we all are". I'm not faulting him. I'm trying to keep the facts of this case straight, and that is... he was not expecting him home that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater