TX TX - Jayden Bounds, 18 and Ralph Bounds, 42 - Cherokee County, 29 October 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by anonypotomous, Nov 29, 2019.

1. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Ralph and Jayden's family have not been able to make contact with them and they are very worried about them. They were staying in the Jacksonville/Henderson, Texas area.

Ralph Bounds is described as a white male, 42 years old, 5’9, approx 165 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes.

Jayden Bounds is described as a white male, 18 years old, 5’9 and approx 165 lbs.

Their family has filed a missing persons in Cherokee County where they were last seen. If you have any information or have seen them, please contact Cherokee
    County Sheriff’s Office at 903-683-2271.

- - -

CHEROKEE COUNTY – Area family of two men last seen in late October are hoping to be contacted by them to know that they are all right.

The family of Jacksonville residents Ralph T. Bounds, 42, and Jaden Raye Bounds, 18, said because they last heard from the elder Bounds on Oct. 29, they contacted the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office for assistance.

According to an incident report filed Nov. 19 with CCSO, Tracy Ann Bounds of Granbury told sheriff's officials that her nephew Jaden is a special needs adult, diagnosed with ADD, ODD, ADHD and is autistic, while her brother Ralph “also suffers from depression and anxiety.”

However, CCSO Lieutenant Jonathan Hughes said that “in speaking with the family and inquiring about (Jaden's) autism and other issues, we're not worried that he is in any type of danger.”

Ms. Bounds reported having last heard from her brother Ralph, who resided on County Road 3310, on Oct. 29 “and was expecting him to come to her house (on the weekend of) Nov. 15.”

However, when he hadn't arrived, she began trying to contact him by phone and through social media, to no avail.

More at link: --> Family ask for help locating man, son

AzPistonsGirl, melodyl, mrz and 10 others like this.

2. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

3. anonypotomous

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    TatianaBarbie, melodyl, mrz and 3 others like this.
  4. anonypotomous

• Who moved all of their belongings out? And what about his job? The article said there is nobody working there by that name. Was he lying and saying he was woking when he was not? Possible he was found out?

5. anonypotomous

6. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

This is a very strange case.

Does the father own a vehicle? I would imagine he would, considering he travels to relatives from time to time?

He was having problems with his phone around before November 1st, to which was the last time they were seen.

Yet the work place that the daughter called said no one worked there by that name- maybe if he quit back in October, that statement would be true. They can't give out any information other than that, unless it was LE asking.

Yet LE is not worried, which is intriguing. You have two men, one with depression issues and another who has Autism and other issues that are missing, but there's no concern for at least Jayden's safety? Does LE know more about this, that they are safe and moved somewhere else, and wish not to be found?

TatianaBarbie, mrz, texasbean and 2 others like this.
  7. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

The landlord stated he had seen them on November 1st, perhaps to collect rent.

TatianaBarbie, mrz, Alice253 and 2 others like this.
  8. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

And how did the landlord know that Ralph had moved all of his and Jayden’s stuff out of the house? I would have said “they” moved their stuff out. Unless Jayden was handicapped?

And how did he know no one else moved it? Did a neighbor only see Ralph doing the moving? That would be concerning if Jayden was not visible.

mrz, Vail, Alice253 and 3 others like this.
  9. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

from the article:

"Meanwhile, the landlord told sheriff's officials that when he checked the Bounds' residence on Nov. 17, he “noticed that Ralph had moved all of his and Jayden's belongings out of the house.”

Even if he didn't actually see the dad doing the moving, I'd say the same thing if I was the landlord and noticed an empty house. I'd just naturally assume it was the dad (or the person who routinely paid the rent) who moved the stuff out.

Certainly frustrating though - empty house, dead end with the place of employment, no contact with family and social media gone silent. I don't see this ending with a happy family reunion. :(

10. anonypotomous

This is heartbreaking. It's mentioned that one of his sisters was raped and murdered in 1990. Another sister has been posting a lot and trying to get LE to help. They don't look like a family of means and it makes me sad that she seems to be doing a lot of this on her own.

11. Steelslady

I wonder why they haven't listed his car and tag number in the news reports. I think their car is posted elsewhere on a couple of missing pages on FB, but I can't be sure- it looks white. I can't read the tag number.

I wonder, if this is their vehicle, why didn't LE ask for people to BOLO for it? Unless LE already knows that they are ok and safe somewhere, and don't want to be found. Wouldn't they at least say they did a well check and both are fine?

12. anonypotomous

TatianaBarbie and KatzEye like this.
  13. Steelslady

Yes, and my post from here was just posted on that page. Word for word. Not nice to take someone's post HERE and post it elsewhere.

14. anonypotomous

Where??

ETA: Just saw it! - the one that says "from ws" ?? I think that means "From Websleuths" So at least they are not claiming as their own. I've seen that before actually. Possibly they see someone here that has a good question, and post it elsewhere hoping to get answers.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Ontario Mom, FlossyMay and Steelslady like this.
  15. Steelslady

True, but it would be nice to ask permission to do so, right? Or maybe word it a little differently and make it their own question? They already posted the link here several times on several FB pages, the family of these men have seen it and acknowledged the link and have for whatever reason decided not to sign up here, which is fine.

MFH and Laughing like this.
  16. anonypotomous

Good point.

I wonder why the family has chosen not to sign up here and get more help?

Steelslady likes this.
  17. Steelslady

I don't know, but on here, you never know if there are any locals around that could help to look for them or their vehicle.

Plus a lot of folks here do post on other social media sites to get the word out.

I am just curious as to why LE is treating this like it's a normal everyday thing for guys to just up and disappear, not be seen or heard from in almost a month, especially when they were supposed to visit a relative a couple of weeks after they went missing.

I just hope that they are ok. It always seems like the guys get less attention in missing person's cases. I have about ten that I am following this past year- so frustrating to see how little attention they get.

18. anonypotomous

I agree 100% - it's so incredibly frustrating. I just made a new post about another man who went missing over 2 weeks ago, and it seems like it has stalled.

FL - Michael Andrew Williams, 34, Altamonte Springs, Nov 21, 2019

It seems so much easier to get LE and the media on board when it's a missing woman. Really not fair.

19. Steelslady

Well you know how it is- he/they must have been drunk and fallen in a river or a hole or something. Even though some cases do end up that way, not all of them do, and by the time evidence of them leads them elsewhere or they are found not in a body of water or a hole, precious time has gone by and evidence faded or gone by that point. :(

AzPistonsGirl and anonypotomous like this.
  20. anonypotomous

Sigh.. exactly, you are spot on! So darn sad. "He just took off for a few days to cool off/decompress/relax, etc - he'll be back" is another terrible assumption.

Steelslady likes this.