TX TX - Jennifer Wilkerson, 26, Lubbock, 13 July 2004

There was a search conducted on July 24th and 25th by United Response Search and Rescue Team, www.ursarteam.org

During the search and afterwards there has been numerous calls and leads to the Lubbock County Sheriff Department. Even during this last week they continue to get calls on this case. We are praying that something will break soon and Jennifer will be found.

Thank you
Sheila

I'm glad the searches are continuing for Jennifer. Even if they don't find anything it helps keep Jennifer in the public eye. In turn, that helps bring leads in. Hopefully the right lead will be submitted to bring her home.

Just checking to see if anything new has happened. I'm go glad that United Response and Rescue is involved now.

Prayer's going out from my family and I ...........for all these missing children.

xxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama

Kelly,

The website looks very good. I'll change the link to this one on Carrie's site. I check on this one each day too. I hope she is found safe as well. Thanks for posting this new information.

Project Jason announces that Jennifer Wilkerson is the current 18 Wheel Angel campaign. Her campaign will continue through September 15th.

18 Wheel Angels is a national missing person's locator program in which truck drivers or other business travelers are recruited to place posters of a specific missing person along the way as they travel.

For additional information, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.html

You do not need to be a truck driver to help please posters. YOu can also help by telling any truck drivers or trucking companies you know about this program.

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Amid the agony, parents cling to hope

BY JASON WOMACK
AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

Jack Wilkerson's favorite picture of his daughter Jennifer now adorns the hundreds of white paper fliers that dot the windows of truck stops, gas stations and restaurants in Lubbock and along highways that feed into the city. Emblazoned above the image is one word: missing.

The photograph shows his daughter, now 26, peering out from under a hood in the dim twilight hours of a Colorado evening. She balls her fists and holds them close to her face to fight off the cold. Although she is shrouded in white, her smile is the brightest thing in the picture.

Jennifer Wilkerson Her parents have not seen that smile or heard her voice since she vanished from her south Lubbock County home more than three months ago.

Jennifer Wilkerson's July 13 disappearance sparked the second missing person investigation by the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office in a year. Joanna Rogers, 17, also vanished from her family's home May 4.

"This is Lubbock. This isn't Dallas, Houston or Austin. We've had two girls disappear in 10 weeks," Joanna's father, Joe Bill Rogers said. "That shakes the community."

The disappearances of Jennifer and Joanna have sparked f ruitless foot searches of the areas surrounding the homes of both women. The Sheriff's Office, working with a team of forensic divers, even searched Buffalo Springs Lake to no avail.

Despite significant rewards being offered for information leading to the return of the women, the investigations have yet to turn up any solid information leading to their locations, said Sgt. Greg Parrott with the Sheriff's Office.

Parrott, who supervises both investigations, spends every hour of his workday in a concentrated effort to find the women.

"We've taken extraordinary measures to follow up on every lead and even the slightest hunch," he said. "We do feel these cases will be solved, and they will be solved soon."

The Sheriff's Office does not believe the disappearances are related.

The parents of both women said the Sheriff's Office is doing everything it can to locate their daughters. As the search for the women continues, the families are growing desperate for information and struggling to answer the questions that haunt their thoughts.

The Wilkersons live moment to moment. They continue to go to work and live their lives. However, every reminder of their daughter can summon a flood of emotion.

"I can't drive by a softball game without seeing her slide into third base," Jack Wilkerson said.

He and his daughter shared a love of books and music. During her visits to the Wilkersons' home in Hobbs, N.M., they would retreat to his library to play songs for one another.

During lightning storms, they would head to the country to listen to music and watch the flashes of light streak across the New Mexico sky.

"She is also my best friend," he said of his daughter, who he described as fiercely independent.

Jennifer is always in her parents' thoughts. She enters their minds in the morning and she's with them when they fall asleep.

"It's like a nightmare you can't wake up from" said Vikki Wilkerson, Jennifer's mother.

Vikki Wilkerson's most difficult days are Tuesdays, the day her daughter disappeared. She struggles through the others.

"I think I'm walking insanity," she said.

At times she feels fine, but a conversation or memory can destroy her. She remembers a talk with a co-worker where she inadvertently began imitating her daughter's "little heh heh heh" laugh. She fell apart, moving from laughter to tears.

Common rituals try both families. Trips to the grocery store are now complicated endeavors.

Vikki Wilkerson said she tells people she is "fine."

"But we won't be fine until Jennifer comes home," she said.

Joanna's mother, Kathryn Rogers, says people now withdraw from her family.

"We're a constant reminder that life is not always good or fair," she said.

She said they rarely go to restaurants or even watch television.

Both families pray for their daughters to return safely.

"All I have to hold on to is my faith, and until somebody gives me something else, I'm going to hold onto that," Jack Wilkerson said.

For Jennifer, and all who love and miss her.

We have not forgotten you.

Prayers for answers, and soon.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

When you search google news for "jennifer wilkerson", there IS new information, dated March 1, 2005 - the headline is new evidence that murders are linked and the website is KAMC television station.

But the link won't open. But it looks like something new has surfaced.

Hi Katherine

Can you pls try and copy and paste the link here, even though you cannot get it to open?

Anything you can copy would be great, as I am not getting that match here from Germany.

Thanks and God bless you for caring.

With prayers of HOPE, Lanie

Lanie -

Here's the text of how the link appears, and it has a foggy street photograph accompanying it:

"New Evidence Links Murders of Two Lubbock Women Together
KAMC ABC 28,*TX*- Mar 1, 2005
... Investigators do not believe last year`s disappearance of Joanna Rogers, 16, and Jennifer Wilkerson, 26, are related to the murders."

Here's the link offered with it - the article is gone, but maybe it can be found in their archive somehow.

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=743

Best wishes finding out more about this - prayers for their families.

There are two sites for the TV station.I tried to search one site and it comes up with 0 matches. Tried the second site and the most recent article is in Aug. 04. Weird!!

Jenn - when you click on the link above, you get a website that says KAMC 28, and there are pictures of the 4 reporters, bla bla bla.

That's today's local news when you click "local news" at the left. The website is still current, just that one article has been disconnected and I can't find a link on the page for archives.

There is a link for "contact us" so maybe they would respond to an email request for the article.

An update from the family website:

"April 12, 2005
Jen has been missing now for 9 months the 13th of this month and so far there has been no news as to what has happened. The Sheriff's department continues to follow every little lead that comes their way. Dana and Sheila with the United Response and Rescue team are also continuing to follow leads. These two groups of people have been wonderful and diligent in their efforts to bring Jen home. It has made the most difficult time in our lives bearable, knowing that such good people are on our side and doing everything in their power to bring our daughter home to us. I wish with all my heart that we could give you some real concrete news but as of today we are all still looking, praying, and hoping that we will find her safe and bring her home.
Thanks to everyone for the continued support and prayers.
Sincerely, Vikki, Jack, and family "

July 13th will mark one year since Jennifer's disappearance. Her best friend, Jessica wrote this and said I could share it with you. Please remember Jennifer and her family on this difficult anniversary.

"I can't beleive that it is going to be a year in just a week that Jennifer has been gone from our lives. I really miss her and constantly think about her daily. There isn't a moment that goes by that I don't think about a special memory or see something that reminds me of her. I still have the same dream that she walks in the front door like usual and has a big smile on her face, I run up to her and give her a big hug.

I am still praying for her and her family. I know that they are still optimistic about this as well as I am. She is my best friend and the dearest to my heart. No one got along better together as roomates as we did. We always used to laugh about how in the future we would still be living together until we are old and wrinkled just like "Romy and Michelle" (but without all the Girl-ly involved-any one that knew her knows what i am talking about!).

One of her many favorite things are ladybugs, so everytime you see one, whether it be a bug,purse,shirt, or a car, make a wish, say a prayer, or just simply keep her in your thoughts and hearts like her family and I do. To everyone out there, please keep praying for her and her family as well as all the other beloved family members and friends that have been missing. This is such a struggle and heart ache to have a close family member or friend just vanish and every prayer and thought is really appreciated. All my love possible to Vikki and Jack.

Jessica "

How in the world do people just vanish without a trace? Does anyone know if Jennifer had been dating anyone special or had she just broken up with someone or was planning on breaking up with someone? Her poor parents trying to survive through this nightmare and not having a clue where there girl is.

Even though the LE say that they don't think there is a link between Jennifer and Joanna's disappearances it makes me wonder. Missing 10 weeks apart and even though Joanna is 16 and Jennifer is 26 the pic's of Jennifer show her to be a small young lady. It sounds like a possibility to me. They both just disappeared into thin air.

My heart goes out to both of these families. Only with God's grace and love do they make it through each day. I don't know if I could survive what they are having to live through. I hope these girls are found soon so that these parents won't have to wonder and imagine the rest of their lives.

Search Continues For Missing Lubbock Woman One Year After Disappearance

Posted July 13, 2005

One year ago, Lubbock resident Jennifer Wilkerson went missing. Authorities say they are waiting for the right person to come forward with new information. They continue following leads but Lubbock Sheriff's Deputies don't have much more information.

On July 13th of 2004, Jennifer left a friends house to get ready for work, and never showed up. Jennifer's car was parked at her house and her car keys were inside the locked house, but Jennifer and her purse were gone. Authorities talked to people close to Jennifer and continue to stay in touch with her family in Hobbs, but they still don't know what happened that day.

"We follow up on every piece of information that we get. You know one of these pieces is eventually going to lead us to Jennifer or to someone who is going to help us locate Jennifer. There are some people that we are interested in talking to, and we just need to locate those people see what information they can give us." said Lt. Cody Scott with the Lubbock Sheriff's Department.

Jennifer was 26 when she went missing. She stands about 5-feet 5-inches tall with a small build. She has brown hair and blue eyes. If you have any information, call the Lubbock Sheriff's Department at 775-1601, you can remain anonymous.

As for Jennifer's family, Lt. Scott says they are still hopeful to find Jennifer and are coping as best they can.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=3591805

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back